SupaTunaGT

• April 28, 2024, 08:00:31 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Linked Events

• Euro Trip--Day 2: April 11, 2013
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Euro Trip Itinerary--Day 2  (Read 5075 times)

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
Re: Euro Trip Itinerary--Day 2
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2013, 05:56:24 PM »

Might be without me tonight, I've lost sound again on my freaking TV.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2013, 07:23:40 PM »

Hey guys,

Easier to explain here than the GT5 chat window. I'd love to do this race but:

1. I'm hung over from last night's birthday celebration. Don't ask.

2. I got home late from work because I went to the store, forgot my wallet, drove back to work, got my wallet, drove back to the store and then fought shitty DFW traffic home. Pisser.

3. I'm finally able to have my dinner, a bowl of chicken enchilada soup and a cold IPA.

4. 30 laps on the controller, with a hangover, I'm gonna pass. But I look forward to doing the next one with you guys when the new wheel arrives (next week sometime).

5. Going to bed early to sleep off the hangover.

6. I'm watching you guys race while I try to setup iRacing on the Mac.

Anyways, I'd rather watch you guys race than just about any of the crap that's on TV. So thanks.

MX

P.S. Go JoshTuna (I'm watching you and pulling for you to win.)

P.P.S. You'll turn faster laps if you keep the wheels on the pavement.   :)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 07:25:43 PM by MX5#98 »
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2013, 07:42:57 PM »

Sorry you pulled out Josh. Ok, now I'm rooting for Dude. Go DUDE!!!

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2013, 08:58:08 PM »

Not sure everyone enjoyed themselves, but I had fun.  Cip tried to go with a one-stop strategy, but that was asking a bit much.  Dude timed out and I'm not exactly sure what happened to Agent.  I don't ever remember passing him til late in the race, but he showed up in last among the guys who finished.  Mac ran pretty well but dumped I think when he ran out of gas.  Josh bailed early. 

Fuel remains an issue for some.  The guys that don't rely on the computer to tell them how much to add seem to fare better than those who do rely on the computer.  With fuel consumption set to fast or very fast, what the computer suggests is not relevant. 

Happy with the turnout, see you in about three weeks.  Also, thanks to Feldynn for allowing us to commandeer both his lounge and his race night.

Code: [Select]
Rick  1:08:45.254
Turbo 1:08:55.127
Nosoks 1:09:07.793
Grill  1:09:28.299
Dawson 1:09:48.831
Cip    1:09:54.863
Dude  1:09:55.863
Agent 1:09:56.863
Macek 1:09:57.863
Josh  1:09:58.863

waverider*tuna

• Albacore Tuna
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2013, 09:24:21 PM »

Really Great Turnout and some exciting racing and tactics. Congrats Rick on the win. Turbo, Cip. Dawson heck of a race early on. We had a fun train goin. Then Rick filled My mirrors and I brain farted. He then made quick work of Turbo and Dawson. Turbo and I seemed to spend about the same time in the pits. I think that running in a group saves fuel. In My first stint I was following someone the whole time and used just over 3/4 tank I came in on lap 12 I filled it to about 3/4 tank ran 10 or 11 laps filled it to over 1/2 tank w 8 or nine to go thinking i had it covered ran out on lp 29.  :lolz

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2013, 04:24:13 AM »

.... and I'm not exactly sure what happened to Agent.  I don't ever remember passing him til late in the race, but he showed up in last among the guys who finished. 

My body has this switch labelled "Lights Out ... Bed Time" thats consistently flipped around 9:45pm.  When that happens, I simply cant drive and falling asleep at the wheel. I was determined to finish the race without bailing out of the room and giving a bad impression ..... I was a couple laps down, but I made it to the end.

Good racing guys ... just wish i could have duplicated the first 8 laps for the entire 30. :)

Till next time ....

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2013, 05:15:27 AM »

Badass run Agent in the first stint. Too bad you hit the wall. The four in the chase pack - me, macek, cip, and dawson - had a amazing run in the first stint. Not much in the way of passing, but tight running as macek mentioned. Rick broke from the second pack and caught us after a few laps. That shook things up a bit going into the first set of stops. Dawson, I never saw what happened, but guess your luck ran out.

Rick, I'm thinking you went for a quick first stop. That put you out on track in a good position, I think. You seemed to gain a lot on me in the first pit stop. It looked like that middle stint won you the race. Sure, you had the best pace in the race, but your pit timing worked out pretty damn well.

Cip and macek, too bad about the fuel. You guys both had a great shot at 2rd and 3rst. I was having a lot of trouble keeping you behind me in the closing laps macek. I also wasn't sure I could catch you, Cip. You had a big lead with 5 laps to go. I'm so glad we didn't wreck each other in the opening stint! How many times did I decorate your bumper Cip?

Although my pace was worth P4 or 5, I think that was one of the best races I've run. Pit strategy and 'safe' driving for the whole race got me a good finish.

Four different cars, not adjusted for matching performance, mostly recreational drivers, sports tires, 2 pit stops, 68 minutes, and a challenging track...and with 5 laps remaining the top four spots were being contested. That's a fun race. Well done rick - on setup and performance. I'm glad I showed up.

Great race everyone. 

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2013, 08:12:57 AM »

I try to make these races as strategic as possible.  I don't race as often and I'm not as fast as a lot of guys, so I use strategy to my advantage if possible.  That said, I like to have a backup plan as well. 

Early on I was running in second behind Cip.  Generally I'd give the edge to Cip over me, but I was keeping up with him pretty easy and that let the third place car get closer and closer to us.  Feldynn's lounge had better grip than my lounge and I didn't go through tires at the same pace so I was considering going beyond 10 laps on the first stint.  However, I had a feeling Cip was going for a one-stop race and was holding back a little so I went ahead and pitted after 10 laps to get away from him.

I had run enough laps in practice to know my car took 5.667 liters of fuel per lap.  I rounded that to 5.75 and multiplied by 30 laps.  I was going to need 172.5 liters to finish the race.  Since we start with 100, I was going to have to add 72.5 liters over the course of the race, regardless of whether I stopped once, twice or ten times.  72.5 divided by two stops is 36.25, so to prevent a whoops, I took 38 liters on the first stop.  I wouldn't say it was a quick stop, it was just the right amount of time.

Over the next stint, I ran with nothing in front and gradually caught Cip as he was pitting on lap 15.  With slightly less fuel than a full tank, I started running faster and faster laps.  Also, with less fuel, my tire wear was even better, so I pitted after 21 laps instead of 20 so I could drive like my hair was on fire if I needed to to the finish line.

Coming out of the pits, I was just ahead of Cip and only had to stay on the track to win (he was on half worn tires, while I was on fresh and I think I made up 40 seconds in 5 laps on the first stint so I knew he couldn't catch me if I stayed on the track).  I promptly drove into the sand midway through that lap on cold tires and fell behind Cip. 

Other than that, I didn't make any mistakes.  The car is very easy to drive and I think my green on green color combo rivals Cip's gold car.

Again, thanks to everyone who came out.  If I remember right, the next race is May 2 and I think what I'll do is open qualifying (if you want to qualify) 10 minutes before 9:00 EST and we'll start promptly at 9.  Also, next time once the race starts, the race starts.  Get your passports ready for a trip to Belgium. 

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2013, 09:23:55 AM »

Way to go Rick and great racing everyone. My problem was lack of practice laps and a wee bit too much tequila.

I was off on lap times and way short on fuel. I realized early on how slow I was, but a benefit of that was reduced tire wear. I pitted on lap 15 and added 30 liters of fuel. I pitted a few more times for fuel and still managed to run out on lap 30.

Also, I hope Feldynn is impressed by the Keith Moon hotel destruction we preformed on his lounge. :)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 10:11:35 AM by DudeTuna »

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2013, 09:56:03 AM »

'Quick' stop is relative...I got 50 liters on my first stop - estimating i needed 180 for the full race, 40 on my second stop to be safe. Hindsight says that to compete with you I would have had to short stop on lap 10....as you were a second or so in front of me. I was sure you would get away from me unless I was in front of you or on your bumper. I was shocked to see someone go for a one stopper.

Macek and I were close to dead even in pace. Cip seemed a bit slower..maybe because of strategy. I think you may have had the best pure pace, whether you want to admit it or not. Except Agent...for a while.

Regardless, it was a great race...until people ran out of fuel...and I'm not going to let that take away from my race. In the end i was only ten seconds behind you after you led me for 22 laps, and I had a great battle with macek for practically the whole race. I want to do it again.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2013, 12:50:33 PM »

Unbiased observer vote for best looking car ...

Turbo-Tuna

Don't know why, but I would have never chosen that blue and orange combination, but in a weird way, it worked. Very nice job TT.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2013, 02:28:24 PM »

Unbiased observer vote for best looking car ...

Turbo-Tuna

Don't know why, but I would have never chosen that blue and orange combination, but in a weird way, it worked. Very nice job TT.

That was the Gulf Livery. I thought it looked awesome too.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2013, 02:37:09 PM »

I never even thought about that gulf stuff...Lotus' Glacier Blue Metallic is one of my main color choices, and orange and blue are color matches of some sort. Thanks MX5-guy.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2013, 03:38:47 PM »

Sorry I missed the race, by the time I was ready to get online it was after 10pm I think so I ended up not logging on at all.  Glad you guys all had fun though!

Also, I hope Feldynn is impressed by the Keith Moon hotel destruction we preformed on his lounge. :)

Ahh, that explains why the TV and miscellaneous furniture was outside and someone parked a car in the swimming pool :P.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2013, 08:24:46 AM »

Missed it again, but my own fault/choice this time.  Was still at the bar/just leaving when race time rolled around.  Hopefully, next time!
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up