SupaTunaGT

• May 01, 2024, 04:54:29 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Linked Events

• Leaf's RenaultSports Cup: May 01, 2013
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36   Go Down

Author Topic: Renault Cup  (Read 19925 times)

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Renault Cup
« Reply #495 on: June 21, 2013, 12:48:10 AM »

For some reason I seemed generally off pace last night, possibly the car and possibly me too but it felt almost like I was driving through quicksand at times.  But I did enjoy the racing I had with folks for the brief time we were close :).

Did you change your oil?

I did, well I tried to but it said I had fresh oil and it didn't need changing so I must've done it after the race last week :D.  I think it was probably just a combination of me and my tune, I was just a little off key  .

My car was that way the other week... did a chassis rebuild and it got better, tho I was WAY off pace this week at Monza
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #496 on: June 21, 2013, 05:26:23 AM »

There were a bunch of guys this week at Monza who had great pace. Unfortunately for most, they had a few incidents that hurt them. It was actually one of my best race performances. A little over steer here and there, but nothing serious. My only real problem, other than being disco'd on the finish straight of the last lap while leading, was that I started on the back row. I think I had two laps around 1'57.5, but the rest were 1'58.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #497 on: June 21, 2013, 06:59:16 AM »

While practicing for this race I was able to get a lot of times in the low 1:58 range, and that was with keeping in the general rule (IMO) of keeping 2 tires inside the white line.  However in the room the night of the race LLF said it was legal to cut a bit more, as long as 2 tires were kept on the curb.  That helped my times a bit and I was able to put down several laps in the mid 1:57 range during the race.  I was running fast, but that one lap with 2 spin outs that was a 2:20 really finished me off for the remainder of the race :P

As to fuel consumption, based on all these comments it looks like it varies a lot among us!  I did a practice race Tuesday night to test fuel consumption and I ran completely out of fuel in the middle of lap 20.

PSN ID = dawson864

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #498 on: June 21, 2013, 07:26:25 AM »

Yeah, back in the day, the TPRA folks would actually post photos of what was legal and what wasn't. Technically, I think only the red curbing is legal. I will admit that I was pushing the boundaries to the limit and often was past the red curbing onto the green curbing. And a few times, I missed the green curbing. It's a very delicate dance to get the nose just right to clip those lines.
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #499 on: June 21, 2013, 08:00:38 AM »

Great race everyone, especially MX5 and Phreak. Well done.

Too bad on the disco on the last lap, that was unreal. Fun race but for myself just a lack of practice and I have to apologize to my partner for my crappy showing thus far. We would be right in there if I wasn't pulling us down.

I have done some calculating going into the last race and we should have a great finish. If you notice a change to the individual standings I have added positions in brackets which are points awarded to that person when a sub has filled in. You will not be able to throw those away.

I might be wrong but it's really getting complicated with throw aways and sub's but here goes anyway. Let me know if I have messed it up.

It should be a very exciting finish next week with 10 points separating 1 -3 and only 2 point from 1 -2.

I did not include Team Dumbass because I honestly didn't know what to do with their points. Let's just say that if they had stayed it would have been a runaway.

Standings after 2 throw away's:

Team Old Guys      Grumpy    14
                          Nosoks     33
                          Total       47

Team Dolts           DudeTuna    24
                        LastLeafFan   33
                          Total          57

TeamWolfPack     WolfPackS2K    24
                        TunaPhreak      25
                        Total              49

Team Texas Trio  CharlieTuna     42
                        MX5#98          47
                        Total             89

Team NoNames    AgentWD40_FL  47
                        no_affilliations    55
                        Total                102
I'm including the subs but with their points going to everybody else it gets really :fucked up. It's just interesting that if we had made them a team from the beginning it would be really close both for individual and team standings. (also I'm too lazy to go back and look for their team name but if someone can let me know I will insert it.

Team Sub           Feldynn            29 (showed up to every race anyway)
                        Turbo               24
                        Total                53

Good luck next week everyone and let me say that it has been a pleasure putting this together and an honor sharing the track with all of you. A better group of considerate and skillful racers could not be found anywhere else.

Thanks to everyone that helped set up the room each and every week and I look forward to a great series ending race next week.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 08:18:37 AM by LastLeafFan »

no_affiliations

• Longtail Tuna
« Reply #500 on: June 21, 2013, 09:15:08 AM »

Couldn't make it out this week, but I'd like to come out to the final race if there's room & it's ok.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #501 on: June 21, 2013, 09:34:07 AM »

I want to give a big shoutout to my teammate Charlie who is clearly carrying Team Texas Trio!!! Great job brothah. I'm going to be in California next Wednesday for a big data conference so I am going to miss the last one. It's truly been a pleasure being on your team and scrappin' for 4rd place with ya. Give em hell on Wednesday. REMEMBER THE ALAMO-MO-Mo-mo-mo...!!!

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #502 on: June 21, 2013, 09:36:50 AM »

I also want to give a big shoutout to LastLeaf who did an amazing job organizing this event and creating a whole new sub system that I think will be the basis for many future events around here. Great job.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #503 on: June 21, 2013, 09:39:52 AM »

I did that in the Practice room. In the actual race, I believe my best was a 1:57.1. I believe a 1:56 is possible. From what I saw, the practice room gives you absolutely perfect traction the entire time. Online, I believe you get that only one lap or so, so it's hit or miss if you can achieve that same lap time. For me, lap 4 or 5 seemed to give me the same grip that I had in the practice room. So while I could do lap after lap in practice to get it right, online you had to nail it when the tires were perfectly warmed up and not very worn.

MX

I had a 1'56.9xx with some draft help one lap. )

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #504 on: June 21, 2013, 09:45:00 AM »

Couldn't make it out this week, but I'd like to come out to the final race if there's room & it's ok.

Absolutely come out.

It would be nice to finish with a full room if possible.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #505 on: June 21, 2013, 02:58:11 PM »

Those swishy pink guys were Team Pepto - or was it Team Bubba-licious...  :dunno

Brindle

« Reply #506 on: June 21, 2013, 02:59:16 PM »

Anyone need a sub? 

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #507 on: June 25, 2013, 06:20:05 AM »

Any lap times. I need to set the laps but was away and not able to test.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #508 on: June 25, 2013, 07:29:10 AM »

Anyone need a sub? 

I do. Please race with Charlie!!!

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #509 on: June 26, 2013, 08:38:21 AM »

This is tonight. I have not run a single lap yet. See you tonight.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36   Go Up