SupaTunaGT

• April 29, 2024, 07:08:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Future excursions  (Read 3396 times)

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
Future excursions
« on: May 03, 2013, 09:12:07 AM »

I got stuck in a Bored meeting this morning at IRR Enterprises.  After falling asleep a couple times, I was awakened to something that was almost interesting.  The travel agents at IRR have been working on some future excursion packages if there is any interest.  The Euro Trip has been moderately successful.  The first two legs were well attended, though Belgium didn't generate much interest.  We'll see how well the adventure in France is before pursuing anything in the future, but there are a couple other packages the travel agents are working on.

Two deals that are closest to being finalized are a Stars & Stripes Trip and a Rising Sun Trip.  The Stars & Stripes Trip will take us to three different time zones--->the roads courses are Daytona and Indy, and then a day at Laguna Seca.  For those that have plenty of vacation time, we can spend a couple extra days running the ovals at both Daytona and Indy as well.  The Rising Sun Trip will allow us an opportunity to race at Suzuka, Fuji and either Motegi or Tsukuba (God forbid an endure at Tsukuba). 

We'll see how things end in Europe, but there are future possibilities if there is interest.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
Re: Future excursions
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 09:47:29 AM »

Ideas for testing ...
Japanese heavy weights from the 90s...Supra, 300ZX, 3000GT, GT-R (R33) - there's only one premium here.
Sports 'Sedans'....C63amg, IS-F, M3 Coupe
Big Sports 'Sedans'...M5, RS6, XFR
I would like to compare these cars for a near stock race. I might test them, I might not.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 10:02:46 AM »

Ideas for testing ...
Japanese heavy weights from the 90s...Supra, 300ZX, 3000GT, GT-R (R33) - there's only one premium here.
I would like to compare these cars for a near stock race. I might test them, I might not.

I would try these in particular the IS-F.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 10:43:13 AM »

Ideas for testing ...

I'm sure.  If I remember right, we did an enduro at DRC with a choice of 3 or 4 stock cars and the Lexus was money.  I'm not a big fan of lower PP cars, but was considering something like what Turbo suggested with the Japanese cars in the Rising Sun Trip and possibly something reasonably lowish in the Stars & Stripes Trip.

Also, for those who haven't played the RealRacing 3 app, you're really missing out.  DaveTheStalker and Rack Attack and I have been going at it for days.  I can't play any new events because I keep getting notices that they've beaten my best time. 

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 11:41:25 AM »

Ideas for testing ...

E55 AMG?

Or premium only? oops.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 12:09:47 PM »

Ideas for testing ...

And maybe add the Chrysler 300C:D
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 01:31:23 PM »

Ideas for testing ...

And maybe add the Chrysler 300C:D

We'll let Chrome drive the domestic.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 06:39:21 PM »

There are a few cars I left out that might be good, an Audi, a Benz, a Jag. Whatever matches would be cool to test. The Chrysler wouldn't be cool, but if it fits,

Rick, there are honesly only two production Japanese high performance cars...LFA, GT-R (R35). I chose the ones I listed because their specs are similar and the light ones are all over the place in performance. In stock form, I think the RX7 and NSX kick Japanese ass, more so if you give them decent tires.

The smaller sports 'sedans' would probably be my preference...or the Camaro vs Challenger

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 06:50:25 PM »

I've always liked Supras and 300ZXs, even thought the 3000 was cool back in the day.  Hopefully those cars, just to name a few, will match up well.

I'd really like to do Corvettes in the Stars & Stripes thing, but I'd like a little less PP and we do seem to do a lot of Corvette races. 

I'll head out to the garage later and kick the tires on a few cars.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 06:53:55 PM »

I have no idea when i'll be online again.. maybe sunday night. The 2004 Vette Z06 would be ideal, according to me.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 10:53:47 AM »

I like all the idea groupings being mentioned.  In particular I'd like to second Dude's interest in the "sports sedans", i.e. the M3, C63 and IS-F.

I've always had a hard-on for the C63 AMG :-X

;D

PSN ID = dawson864

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 07:43:18 AM »

Well, nosoks and I did some testing and got, to me definitive results.

The Supra led the Japanese group pretty easily, followed by the GT-R (1997 R33). The GTO/3000GT (Twin Turbo MR) was easily third and the 300ZX (TT two seater) was a distant fourth. Even boosted to 340hp the Z couldn't match the GT-R. Matching these up would be over complicated I think.

For the big sedans, I think the XFR and the RS6 were pretty close, but the M5 was dominant. It's balance, power, and easy driving characteristics kick ass. I think we already knew this, but we had to test it to fully appreciate it.

The smaller sedans is where the opportunity is. The three cars were reasonably close. The difference was straight line speed in the IS-F. It easily out ran the M3 and the C63. With a power adjustment on those two, this may be a set of cars to take to the track. More testing is a must for this idea, but we definitely have a good starting point.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2013, 08:25:13 AM »

Interesting that the IS-F outran the others on the straights.  I thought it would have been the slowest.  Perhaps its 8 gears help out a lot with that?  If the C63 isn't able to keep up the pace, perhaps giving it an upgrade boost with the P31 AMG Development Package (an option in real life) would do the trick?  It's a 30hp bump over stock, among other things :D

PSN ID = dawson864

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2013, 11:59:51 AM »

Also, for those who haven't played the RealRacing 3 app, you're really missing out.  DaveTheStalker and Rack Attack and I have been going at it for days.  I can't play any new events because I keep getting notices that they've beaten my best time. 
What are you running this on?  Nexus or something with a quad core (or apple device)?  Looks super detailed, won't even let me install on my gingerbread phone!
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2013, 12:06:03 PM »

What are you running this on?  Nexus or something with a quad core (or apple device)?  Looks super detailed, won't even let me install on my gingerbread phone!

iPhone 4s and iPad Mini.  I have no idea if those are full of horsepower or not, but yes, the game is fairly detailed with graphics, but it's damn fun to play.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up