• April 28, 2024, 09:39:47 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148134 times)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #2310 on: October 01, 2015, 03:37:50 PM »

I like what somebody on GTP said. It was a good idea, that was executed poorly, or something to that affect. I couldn't agree more. Won't keep me from trying to make a few tracks.

Ameer67 made a thread at the planet regarding downloading tracks and not having to be friends with the person. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/downloading-others-tracks-without-fr.335172/

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2311 on: October 01, 2015, 04:55:55 PM »

Anyone notice that Turn 10 is releasing its third version of Forza (including Horizon) for the XBone and we still don't have any release date for a PS4 version of GT?

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2312 on: October 01, 2015, 05:02:41 PM »

Anyone notice that Turn 10 is releasing its third version of Forza (including Horizon) for the XBone and we still don't have any release date for a PS4 version of GT?

K-Mart sucks Raymond.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #2313 on: October 01, 2015, 05:11:27 PM »

Carolina Motorsports Park uploaded. Footprint is pretty close, wound up being a half mile longer
I used curbing like that stuff was on sale.
Tweaked it a couple times, wasn't too bad. Needed a couple turns to be tighter, just couldn't get them to take. Track width turned down to 9.3 helped, and shouldn't be too skinny to race. Tighter than I'd like though.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2314 on: October 01, 2015, 05:49:42 PM »

so, if you're online on a homemade track, and want to change to a different homemade track you need to make a whole new room. ???
Also, those tracks aren't as smooth imagewise.
also also, my and others steering felt really heavy on h/m track
this ends the soksco report for now
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #2315 on: October 01, 2015, 06:17:45 PM »

I shared a few tracks. Two road courses and an oval. The corners for the oval have minimal banking and it's 1.7 miles.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2316 on: October 01, 2015, 06:43:26 PM »

I shared a few tracks. Two road courses and an oval. The corners for the oval have minimal banking and it's 1.7 miles.

I like Eifel 1, good flow, should race nicely. Miata TC is flat out around the oval.

Daletonadave has one called Lost in the Desert that's pretty fun too. Pretty fast for my Miata TC.

Mobil's Hot Runs is a good one too.

so, if you're online on a homemade track, and want to change to a different homemade track you need to make a whole new room. ???

That's retarded.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2317 on: October 01, 2015, 06:50:29 PM »

Cannot use this on my tablet or my phone thanks for nothing PD you are a bunch of fucking assholes.

Are either of them Android?

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2318 on: October 01, 2015, 10:05:54 PM »

Of the devices we have I'm fairly sure I'm out of luck when it comes to trying this course maker app, my wife has a Windows tablet so that's out, our cellphone IS an Android but it's tech level is more that of a Clockwork Automaton and I also have a hand-me-down Android tablet that's most likely only a 3.x so that's out too (haven't turned it on since it was given to me LOL). 

Sure I could probably finagle the PC clone program to run the app, if I really cared enough to try, but I shouldn't have to go to those lengths.  The course make was one of the features I was somewhat looking forward to, not as much as some but more than others, sadly it seems PD has failed to deliver once again.

Another great feature idea relegated to mediocrity by poor implementation.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #2319 on: October 01, 2015, 11:10:05 PM »

a few tips after getting a chance to make a couple of them.

Tight corners
there is a feature where holding a piece of track in the editor brings up a sub-menu.  choosing "decrease turn radius" makes the piece thinner, and can then be manipulated with nearby pieces to go into tighter turns.  Using this on several neighbor pieces makes tighter hairpins possible.

Placing extra anchors lets you manipulate more points to try and get control over the shape of a corner.  It lets you maximize the space the editor lets you use, which is the limit at which the pieces and their run-off areas would start to overlap, it seems.

I too used curbing very liberally.  :)

I managed to make one that has some 90deg turns and a rather tight hairpin, and still at average width (Shared).  It might be worth checking out.

Tablet is really great for this, sorry no offense to anyone left out.  But it really is extremely intuitive and fast to be sitting in your rig, tablet on lap, and go through each corner making changes.  A simple exit to race menu lets you reload your very latest tweaks.

I definitely agree that there are a lot of frustrating limitations to it though.  Would be nice if they weren't there...

• very limited placement of scenery
  • no individual corner banking (global for whole track)
  • track width is global
  • limited control over elevation / random elevation on "flat" Eifel.
  • scenery doesn't look very good

...but it does make some fairly good tracks so far in my opinion.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2320 on: October 02, 2015, 12:34:15 AM »

It isn't really advertised as the "create your favorite local track" app, so being let down in this area is really only due to perhaps some of our expectations being inflated.

We also have a tendency, as racing gamers, to watch the news feeds like hawks, and rush to judgement.  This is still very new and some of the limitations people thought they had on day 1 and 2, have already been lifted.  Hopefully things continue to improve.

My expectations were being able to use the feature at all. Which with the way they have executed it I cannot. I hardly find my expectations to be over inflated.  :-\

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2321 on: October 02, 2015, 12:44:49 AM »

Cannot use this on my tablet or my phone thanks for nothing PD you are a bunch of fucking assholes.

The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5 I am relatively certain that is Android or am I mistaken? The tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0. I think it is Android as well but when I look at the page for the app on either one it says the app is not compatible.  ::) It would seem as just being an Android device is not enough it needs to be one the newer devices. 
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 01:08:38 AM by BakedTuna »

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2322 on: October 02, 2015, 05:14:09 AM »

The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5 I am relatively certain that is Android or am I mistaken? The tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0. I think it is Android as well but when I look at the page for the app on either one it says the app is not compatible.  ::) It would seem as just being an Android device is not enough it needs to be one the newer devices.

Baked, that's the same phone I have.
Go to this link from your phone or the tablet, and download the apk file in the OP.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/course-maker-apk.335149/#post-11002723

I had trouble getting the track app to work directly from the store. What did work was accessing it from the playstation/gran turismo site. There's a goople play button there, that'll take you to the app. Worked with no fuss.

GT site link...
http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt6/trackpatheditor/

That should be all you need to get it going.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2323 on: October 02, 2015, 05:14:41 AM »

They're both Android.  And you should be able to run the course maker just fine on either one. 

On your tablet, go to this page at GTP https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/course-maker-apk.335149/

Tap the blue download button.  Once downloaded, tap to install the apk.  Enjoy.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2324 on: October 02, 2015, 05:15:48 AM »

Tree'd by 30 seconds.  Chrome and I must have the same work schedule. 

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 159   Go Up