• March 29, 2024, 09:38:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 147982 times)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Let's talk about Six, baby.
« on: May 14, 2013, 07:14:17 AM »

If it turns out that GT6 is revealed tomorrow, what are you hoping to see?

I think we all know that more tracks and more cars is a given.  So strike them off the list.  What else are you hoping for?

I'd say my two biggies are a livery editor & more than 16 cars on track.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 03:22:17 PM by TunaWiz »

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 07:27:35 AM »

The big one for me is complete control over what's allowed and not allowed in a race on a part by part basis. That way you can simulate spec races. Spec Miata ftw. I'd also like to see support for the higher end wheels and pedals.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 07:31:08 AM by MX5#98 »
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 08:36:21 AM »

Here's a list of things I'd like to see, in order of me writing them down not like a 1-10 scale of "most wanted" or anything:

01:  Better AI (no more chase the rabbit please and thankyou!)
02:  Better singleplayer (see above), maybe a Career mode and licenses with more meaning (at least like previous GTs
03:  Better groupings of cars (specifically race cars) perhaps similar to real world race series'
04:  Spec / class specific race mods (family cars = BTCC, sports cars = FIA GT1 / 2 / 3, etc), could tie in to 02 / 03
05:  Proper track builder (random shape generators don't count)
06:  Livery editor of some sort, even a simple one with a selection of fixed designs
07:  More / better online host controls (way too much to expand on here)
08:  Better penalty system (Warnings, DQs, drive-thru pit time penalties, etc)
09:  Some sort of internal driver rating system (maybe like iRacing's Safety Rating or something), part of Career mode?
10:  Better main menu, I liked GT2 / 4's map view much better
11:  Used and New car dealerships (not standard / premium) (see 10)
12:  Manufacturer / car specific races (see 10 and 02)
13:  More visual car mods (more wing / wheel / paint options, part of 06 maybe)
14:  NO FUCKING SKID RECOVERY FORCE forced on for "Expert Seasonal Events"!
15:  Driver training school / tutorials (maybe tied to 02, 08 and 09)

Also I'd like Kaz to bring about World Peace, failing that I would accept Whirled Peas!

Realistic things I expect from GT6 (no particular order again):

01:  New (hopefully more) tracks, some from previous games, some new to GT
02:  Less / no standard cars (some conversion to premium, some model variations deleted, etc)
03:  A selection of randomly chosen new features we're not unhappy with
04:  Some changes we weren't even thinking about
05:  Some useless crap and / or weird features and changes that make us go..

Ok, stopping now :).

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 09:04:39 AM »

Here's a list of things I'd like to see, in order of me writing them down not like a 1-10 scale of "most wanted" or anything:

01:  Better AI (no more chase the rabbit please and thankyou!)
02:  Better singleplayer (see above), maybe a Career mode and licenses with more meaning (at least like previous GTs
03:  Better groupings of cars (specifically race cars) perhaps similar to real world race series'
04:  Spec / class specific race mods (family cars = BTCC, sports cars = FIA GT1 / 2 / 3, etc), could tie in to 02 / 03
05:  Proper track builder (random shape generators don't count)
06:  Livery editor of some sort, even a simple one with a selection of fixed designs
07:  More / better online host controls (way too much to expand on here)
08:  Better penalty system (Warnings, DQs, drive-thru pit time penalties, etc)
09:  Some sort of internal driver rating system (maybe like iRacing's Safety Rating or something), part of Career mode?
10:  Better main menu, I liked GT2 / 4's map view much better
11:  Used and New car dealerships (not standard / premium) (see 10)
12:  Manufacturer / car specific races (see 10 and 02)
13:  More visual car mods (more wing / wheel / paint options, part of 06 maybe)
14:  NO FUCKING SKID RECOVERY FORCE forced on for "Expert Seasonal Events"!
15:  Driver training school / tutorials (maybe tied to 02, 08 and 09)

Also I'd like Kaz to bring about World Peace, failing that I would accept Whirled Peas!

Realistic things I expect from GT6 (no particular order again):

01:  New (hopefully more) tracks, some from previous games, some new to GT
02:  Less / no standard cars (some conversion to premium, some model variations deleted, etc)
03:  A selection of randomly chosen new features we're not unhappy with
04:  Some changes we weren't even thinking about
05:  Some useless crap and / or weird features and changes that make us go..

Ok, stopping now :).

I like all of these, but I highlighted a few that are most important to me.

Also, I concur with MX and Wiz. Improved online experience.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 09:44:26 AM »

The big one for me is complete control over what's allowed and not allowed in a race on a part by part basis. That way you can simulate spec races. Spec Miata ftw. -- even car specific limits -- ability to limit car choice to more than just those on recommended list -- perhaps expand car that restriction at least to any in new car dealerships.

Copy-paste ftw

03: Better groupingsofcars(specificallyracecars) perhaps similar to real world race series'
04: Spec / class specific race mods (family cars = BTCC, sports cars = FIA GT1 /2 / 3,etc), could tie in to 02 / 03
05: Proper track builder (random shapegeneratorsdon'tcount)
06: Livery editor ofsomesort, even a simple one with a selection offixed designs
07: More /better online host controls(waytoo much to expand on here)

Unless we see a lot more premium race cars - other than SuperGT and NASCAR rides - more RM/TC cars like in GT5.

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 10:19:12 AM »

The thing that would ring my bell is BETTER SOUND! If they fix that i don't really care what else they do to the game!

Brindle

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 10:44:05 AM »

*More /better online host controls(waytoo much to expand on here)*

Seen a lot of this and don't get it one single bit.  I'm pretty sure we can run any way we please in an online room.  Many races before have had restrictions applied by us that are not available in the game.  It seems as though the "honor system" is a problem for many, as they must not trust it, or why else question it?   :-\

It's also funny to me that none of the "i'd like to see" include a fix/improvement of physics (especially low speed), drafting, tire wear, more pit/caution options, just to get started.

I really hope the Tuna group isn't loosing focus.  :(

Then again, it could be me...  Cya

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 11:18:15 AM »

Seen a lot of this and don't get it one single bit.  I'm pretty sure we can run any way we please in an online room.  Many races before have had restrictions applied by us that are not available in the game.  It seems as though the "honor system" is a problem for many, as they must not trust it, or why else question it?   :-\

It's also funny to me that none of the "i'd like to see" include a fix/improvement of physics (especially low speed), drafting, tire wear, more pit/caution options, just to get started.

There we go! I don't know what the eff "liters of fuel" are/is...... old NASCAR games let you adjust things like aero parts and tire pressure in the pits. An improvement (well, a "change" at least - hopefully for the better) in physics will definitely come - GT5 was HARD when I first played it compared to Prologue... the cars were all over the place. I take it that this is "more real"... I hope there's more where that came from.

I think things like "better online experience" are important and would cover a lot of ground, you're right too Brindle: we need more of the nitty gritty. From where I stand, it seems like GT has lost a lot of people to iracing and I don't know if they view them as a direct competitor or not (maybe just Forza, idk) but they should... especially for a game that touts itself as "The Real Driving Simulator"

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 12:12:28 PM »

The thing that would ring my bell is BETTER SOUND! If they fix that i don't really care what else they do to the game!

I think the sound is fine. I wonder if you might benefit from the addition of surround sound or some adjustments.

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 12:39:35 PM »

I think the sound is fine. I wonder if you might benefit from the addition of surround sound or some adjustments.

I listen to racing, like V8 SuperCars, ALMS on just tv speakers and the sound is awesome!! Why do you need 7.1 or 5.1 to make GT5 sound good? Not everybody can afford surround sound.

PS. I do have a 2.1 Klipsch set up in my game room. Still sounds like crap to me, but movie and music sound great!

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 12:49:45 PM »

The honor system works fine for groups like us when we race internally (evnets like TuTu, ToC, Tuna Cup and even the adhoc ones folks put up) but with what we've got right now there's not as much control as there could be for public rooms.  One part of "more / better online host controls" would be to give us the options to set up more varied public races where you can't rely on the honor system, example being if I wanted to do a TOC one week in an open room then having the ability to say limit car choices beyond PD's set classes by setting my own "recommended list" for the room that filters our garages accordingly would be awesome :).

Similarly with the "tuning on / off" option, for open lobbies, it might be nice to be able to allow certain upgrades but not allow them to be adjusted (i.e. you can have a wing / custom suspension, etc but they must be default settings) so effectively setting a limited-parts spec race or something.  Again it makes no odds for us internally because we know we can set our own rules here and trust in eachother, the only reason I'd want more control in that respect is for open lobby use :).

Another side to "host controls" could also be things like the default lounge settings, there just aren't enough of them!  Sure it's not a huge pain to go through each menu and set real grip, tire / fuel use ON, driving adds ON / OFF and such, but it would be much nicer to be able to set most of what we'd all consider "default settings" once and be done with it.  And even then it could be expanded to having our own list of presets, so you can set in advance the track / lap count / cars / specs before hand then just launch the room with whichever preset.  Also if they're shareable too then Evnet planners could set up a "lounge preset" and share it so whoever gets there first can start the room with the settings automagically set up.

Oooh ooh also an extra room hosting option that's sort of between the fixed / non-fixed ones we have right now, where the room acts like a Fixed Host room in terms of imploding when the current host leaves but with the option to pass host control to another before you leave.. so like if Stepper was running a public TuTu he could set the room to "Transferable Host" (or some better name), if he needs / wants to leave earlier than planned he could then transfer control to say Charlie and leave without crashing the room.  Transferring host control would be manual and optional but would give us a bit more control again for hosting.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 12:54:03 PM »

I listen to racing, like V8 SuperCars, ALMS on just tv speakers and the sound is awesome!! Why do you need 7.1 or 5.1 to make GT5 sound good? Not everybody can afford surround sound.

PS. I do have a 2.1 Klipsch set up in my game room. Still sounds like crap to me, but movie and music sound great!

Have you tried adjusting the Audio settings in GT5. Options/Settings/Audio. Maybe change the room setting (living room, theater or I forget what else).

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2013, 02:54:49 PM »

NEAREST OPPONENT TIME INTERVALS!!!  Who gives a fuck if the first place car is 35 seconds ahead of me when I'm fighting for 4th place?

And how about a reliable system/format for pre-race qualifying?  Talk about a glaring omission.

Most everything else said in this thread I also agree with, but the two things I just mentioned weren't touched on yet and drive me craaaaaazy  ^-^

PSN ID = dawson864

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2013, 03:04:57 PM »

NEAREST OPPONENT TIME INTERVALS!!!  Who gives a fuck if the first place car is 35 seconds ahead of me when I'm fighting for 4th place?

And how about a reliable system/format for pre-race qualifying?  Talk about a glaring omission.

Most everything else said in this thread I also agree with, but the two things I just mentioned weren't touched on yet and drive me craaaaaazy  ^-^

You can ask for an option of time intervals, but I prefer knowing if I'm losing or gaining time on the leader.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2013, 04:38:43 PM »

Focus is on fun racing. The current physics provide that. I agree with Feldynn on host controls. Even in 'private' rooms they can help people come in and get on track without being prepared before hand, and without asking 10 times what the room setup is.

However, I'd like to see better tire setups than how it is now. This includes wear. Whether it's the physics or the options available, something Should change there.

Weird, answering the question about Six, I seem to be thinking more about that features should be added to Five than an actual new game.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 159   Go Up