SupaTunaGT

• March 28, 2024, 10:45:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Linked Events

• Exotic Car Rivalry Series Wk1: September 04, 2013
  • Exotic Car Rivalry Series Wk2: September 11, 2013
  • Exotic Car Rivalry Series Wk3: September 18, 2013
  • Exotic Car Rivalry Series Wk4: September 25, 2013
  • Exotic Car Rivalry Series Wk5: October 09, 2013
  • Exotic Car Rivalry Series Wk6: October 16, 2013
  • Exotic Car Rivalry Series Wk7: October 23, 2013
  • Exotic Car Rivalry Series Wk8: October 30, 2013
  • Exotic Car Rivalry Series Wk9: November 06, 2013
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down

Author Topic: World Champs Exotic Car Rivalry Series - SERIES COMPLETE  (Read 9974 times)

PeyePete

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
Re: World Champs Exotic Car Rivalry Series - Wednesday Nights Starting 9/4
« Reply #180 on: November 06, 2013, 10:19:11 PM »

What a fantastic series, and a great send-off to GT5.

Thanks Dawson / Wolf, for all the work you did through the series.

Also compliments to all the drivers, the sportsmanship and clean racing was excellent.

And congratulations to the winner, not sure who it is right now.

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
« Reply #181 on: November 07, 2013, 11:52:26 AM »

Lot of fun last night, lot of close racing, lot of great times!

If I learned one thing this series, it's determine my own damn fuel needs and don't trust Dawson!  I had a much better finish lined up if I didn't have to pit on lap 31 for 10L of petrol, and also if I didn't drop to last a few tracks ago running completely out.  At least I know I wasn't the only one with fuel issues this series ;)

That's what I get for being lazy, looking forward to the next one with you guys!
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #182 on: November 07, 2013, 12:23:55 PM »

Thankyou for running this series Dawson and thanks to all the drivers too for helping make it a fun and exciting series to race in!

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Re: World Champs Exotic Car Rivalry Series - SERIES COMPLETE
« Reply #183 on: November 07, 2013, 03:42:58 PM »

Congratulations to the podium finishers!!!  Hat's off to your driving skills my friends.

*****SERIES FINAL STANDINGS*****
1  - badaboya1      - 349       
2  - peyepete         - 347        +1
3  - F1Cheetor       - 345         -1
4  - WolfpackS2k    - 324               
5  - nosoks            - 297        +1
6  - TunaPhreak      - 292        +1
7  - Feldynn           - 282         -2
8  - WyldAnimal_    - 206       
9  - dlrws6             - 196 

I'll put together my final thoughts in another post soon  :)

PSN ID = dawson864

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #184 on: November 07, 2013, 04:50:50 PM »

Way to go guys. Thank you Dawson for putting this together and sorry I missed so many races.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #185 on: November 08, 2013, 10:35:36 AM »

Thanks man.  And sometimes it just can't be helped.  Sure I'll be wheel to wheel with you again soon.

First off I want to thank everyone for the kind words towards myself and this race series.  There was a lot of work involved in figuring out some rules and regulations to make it a fair event for all and I must say that it definitely all paid off.  This series featured lots of closely matched racing and driver parity.  6 different race winners in 9 races shows you how close things were!  All things considered the final points standings were fairly close, especially when you take note that guys like Feldynn, TunaPhreak, nosocks, WyldAnimal and dlrws6 all missed at least one race.  We all battled through the occasional network disconnection or lag issue but much like mechanical failures in real life that is part of racing!  The extreme use (I don't recall any other series with such high penalties) of ballast was perhaps one of the biggest keys to keeping the racing equal and I hope everyone appreciated it.  The combination of fast tire/fuel consumption and race lengths led to pit stop strategy playing a key role at times.  I know at least 4 or 5 of us cut it too close and ran out of fuel at one time or another.  Twists like this keep things interesting.

I want to give special mention to TunaPhreak, as he helped me plan and set up regulations for this race.  He doesn't post on here much but he spent almost as much time testing cars (to check equality) as I did, with at least a dozen practice races between the two of us to check tire wear, etc.  He was also very helpful with setting up the ballast system.  So thanks again.

I really like the concept  of running 2 or 3 completely stock vehicles in a race series.  It equalizes things a bit and helps people focus on just their driving, not continually working on a car set up.  I feel like this series was a great send off of sorts for Gran Turismo 5 and in the future I will work to formulate another series similar to this one in GT6.  A great thanks to everyone that participated in this series, as a great series formula is nothing without participants.  Also a thanks to cr0wlft0fmurder, DudeTuna, metalfreak1520, RickS95 and mmacek96 for making the few races you could; I know scheduling is difficult.

Again, so glad everyone enjoyed this!  I'm also 100% open to constructive criticism for anything that I could improve for a series in the future.

:)

PSN ID = dawson864
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up