SupaTunaGT

• March 28, 2024, 04:59:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Monday Night Racing  (Read 7494 times)

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Monday Night Racing
« on: August 15, 2013, 03:52:09 PM »

Monday Night Racing is a weekly PSN community series that I host in open lobbies. The 2 or more hours of racing is basic or simple, usually not requiring lots of prep, but still meant to challenge you. It is to be kept open for new drivers to join in on the fun, so cars are usually easy to get. It still pays to have a full garage and all of the DLC tracks, since MNR is designed to cover GT's cars and tracks in their entirety using this monthly schedule:

General Car Performance Ranges
1st wksmaller street cars
2nd wkbigger street cars
3rd wksmaller race cars
4th wkbigger race cars
5th wksomething random or specific, including some DLC

A few Tunas swim over to the Monday Night Racing open lobby each week, so I wanted to make it easy for you to get the weekly race details. There are two new ways to efficiently get updates to you automatically, rather than manually making individual posts here.

The first is the calendar that you can (hopefully) see below and the second is an iCal link, so that you can easily add the info to your personal calendar, such as on your phone, tablet or computer. The calendar also should send out two reminders, one the day before race day ("Oh, right..."), the second 30 minutes before racing starts ("I need to finish eating!"), about the same time as when the lobby is opened, too. The event is repeating and will update automatically if changes are made or as the weekly event details are released, therefore all you have to do is look at your own calendar. You can click the links in each day's box for a pop-up or you can load the whole calendar page.

To carry the information around with you, add the standard iCal URL to your phone's or other calendar. It is pretty easy to do, so read the instructions for your calendar app or computer program. The same info will always be with you and you can also receive the reminders when you are mobile.

(Not sure if this will work here in the code wrapper. It needs to be embedded in the page itself.)
<iframe src="https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=t9f6ntavjqttu182vl84kr49u8@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Toronto" style="border: 0" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 11:53:39 AM by MasterGT »

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Monday Night Racing
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 01:06:43 PM »

What is the room set up like? Draft hi or low, track edge, tire wear, electronic aids so on so forth.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 02:03:59 PM »

Race Conditions
Tuning?   Allowed
Perf. Points   

Max. Horse Power   502ish
Min. Weight (Kg)   1360
Tires - maximum   Racing Hard
Tire Wear & Fuel   Normal
Penalties   Weak
Drafting   Weak
Weather = *   25%, Change = 3

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 12:29:44 AM »

What is the room set up like? Draft hi or low, track edge, tire wear, electronic aids so on so forth.

It varies, depending on how I want to make things easy or harder, but I always want to keep it enjoyable and realistic, as far as GT is concerned. The only thing I restrict is SRF, I think. Tire wear depends on the car, but usually it is normal. Only once have I turned it off.

It is an open lobby and I anticipate noobies to join, so it is kept accessible to anyone.

Mondo_Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Albacore Tuna
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 09:15:11 AM »

So, what are the room limits for tonight's race...I'd like to set one of these little buggers up, but I don't know how much I can do.

Painted and ready to go to the tune shop...any recommendations?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 09:29:56 AM by Mondo_Tuna »

PKR_Cipriani99

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Longtail Tuna
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 10:57:01 AM »

Monday Night Racing
Date   Monday,  September 2nd (Labour Day)
Time   8 PM - 10 PM, Eastern (or later, depending on interest)

Please get your car ready before you enter the lobby, so that you don't slow down the starts!
Car   Suzuki Cappuccino '95 (EA21R)
Track   Madrid Mini - Reverse | Tsukba | London 
Laps   15 laps each

Race Conditions
Tuning?   Allowed
Perf. Points   

Max. Horse Power   138
Min. Weight (Kg)   690
Tires - maximum   Sports Hard
Penalties   Weak
Drafting / Grip   Weak / Real
Weather = *   N/A
Time Progress = #   
N/A

Mondo_Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Albacore Tuna
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 12:26:53 PM »

Thanx MGT, is there a link as to where this info lies?  For future reference?

Mondo_Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Albacore Tuna
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 11:42:50 AM »

MGT...I am still having problems finding the right spot for the complete specs for the races.
 :-[
Can you post a Link to find the PP limit and so-on

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 11:48:16 AM »

MGT...I am still having problems finding the right spot for the complete specs for the races.
 :-[
Can you post a Link to find the PP limit and so-on

It'll always be in the 2nd post of this thread...  http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Events/Monday-Night-Racing/m-p/38013855#U38013855

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 12:56:04 PM »

I'm going to try to join this tonight (all the other times I have joined were goos times)

also, the calendar thingies seem to be working great, both the small one linked here and the large one in the op of the PSN thread.

Mondo_Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Albacore Tuna
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 03:52:22 PM »

I'm going to try to join this tonight (all the other times I have joined were goos times)

also, the calendar thingies seem to be working great, both the small one linked here and the large one in the op of the PSN thread.

Thanx

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 07:42:12 AM »

yea that was fun!!

I had four great races against Peyepete.  We were at most 4.5 sec apart the entire night, with my last race on Madrid (R) we were less than a sec apart for 13 laps until he hit something, or something.

Thanks MGT!

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 09:34:54 AM »

This is why I had to settle for more races using just one car. The chances of having closer racing is higher if the grid has only the one car. We had just enough drivers to make it fun, so I am glad you had someone to race with.

The room got a second-wind and lasted for another 40 minutes or so after most drivers left.  8)

A question was raised about using the Google calendar. It is iCal based, so anything that is iCal compliant will work with it. This means that your tablet, smart phone of any kind, computer or any other iCal compliant device will be able to present the event information I enter to you. On-line servers/clients work, too. This is really cool stuff because it allows you to access the event info, and get reminders, even when mobile, all automatically.

I can't explain every software calendar out there, so look up the details of how to enter the iCal URL for the calendar you use. I will give you an .ics link below for MNR. You enter this into your calendar and that's it. You will receive all updates in real-time and two reminders that I set (one for the general event the day before; one 30 minutes before the specific race starts - each has different notes). You can even add your own custom reminders, if you need more.

https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/t9f6ntavjqttu182vl84kr49u8%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

Now, there is a reason why this is happening now. I am doing this because it works and to prepare you for a busy future. I used on-line event calendars for events that I ran starting in 2007 resulting from GT4 not going on-line, so they are not unknown to me. If you are not used to using these, however, then practicing with mine will prepare you for changes coming. One way or another, we will be able to access many more events this way, probably pretty soon.

If this forum can be set up to use them, importing calendars from afar will be a real boon to keeping everyone organised and keeping us busy with GT or any other worthwhile racing sim. Remember, Kazunori announced that community run events are coming. I presume that he meant officially through the PSN, so who knows how many "official" events they will have. That will be in addition to whatever groups, such as the Tunas or the PSN or the Planet or whoever else you consider a good place to race with, do; or with other sims.

The calendar that you choose to use is up to you and what hardware/OS you have. On-line servers which operate 24/7, such as Yahoo!'s and Google's are two of the best, but Google has more options, extras and third-party support. There are more servers coming, such as DayHap's, but it is not iCal compliant yet. I haven't got their 2.0 beta yet, either. The DayHap calendar allows group management, so I am keeping an eye on that one.

We can have our own calendar clients follow whatever events we want, too, so we don't have to just follow whatever events someone else supplies or dictates. Set up your own to keep yourself happy and content according to your own schedule, and never forget about a good race again. If you run your own events, then you can make all of your event details available for anyone, member or not, very easily and with very little effort. As a host, you can even request RSVPs, to make sure you don't overfill a room. As you can see, there are many benefits from using such event calendars.

I also recommend having up to three calendars. All can be tracked from your personal one. Use a personal "master" calendar, an on-line persona calendar, and if you are also hosting events, set up another for your event(s). All can be run independently of each other, but your personal one can track all of the others and any event. You can print your schedule(s), too.

If anyone has questions, I will try to answer them for you, but this isn't really all that difficult to get set up. Making it work on the forum may be more of a struggle, from what I've read, so thanks for trying Charlie! (SMF isn't supporting their clients well, if they don't have an iCal compliant calendar module.)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 09:52:47 AM by MasterGT »

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2013, 07:12:14 PM »

Any chance this is happening tonight? I'm thinking about getting online for a couple of hours tonight. Would be good to see some fellow tuna online.

MX
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2013, 07:27:40 PM »

Monday Night Racing
Date   Monday,  December 9th
Time   8 PM - 10 PM, Eastern (or later, depending on interest)

Please get your car ready before you enter the lobby, so that you don't slow down the starts!
Car   
Light Car Company Rocket '07 (prize car)
Tracks   Silverstone Inter. Circuit | Brands Hatch GP Circuit | Bathurst
Laps   11 | 9 | 6

Race Conditions
Tuning?   Allowed
Perf. Points   
Max. Horse Power   167
Min. Weight (Kg)   390
Tires - maximum   Sports Hard
Penalties   Weak
Drafting / Grip   Weak / Real
Weather = *   N/A