SupaTunaGT

• March 28, 2024, 04:58:39 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Monday Night Racing  (Read 7493 times)

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Monday Night Racing
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2013, 04:16:54 PM »

Yes, we had a good response and filled up the room, at one point.

The new M4 will be used next.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 04:21:31 PM by MasterGT »

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2014, 07:23:48 PM »

It's Miata's tonight hosted by MastrGT.

Monday Night Racing
Date   Monday,  February, 3th
Time   8 PM - 10 PM, Eastern (or later, depending on interest)

Please get your car ready before you enter the lobby, so that you don't slow down the starts!
Car   
Mazda Miata 1800 RS variations
Tracks   Ascari | Streets of Willow Springs | Spa in the dark
Laps   6 | 10 | 5

Race Conditions
Tuning?   Allowed
Perf. Points   389
Max. Horse Power   167
Min. Weight (Kg)   1070
Tires - maximum   Comfort Soft
Tire Wear & Fuel   Normal
Penalties   Weak
Drafting / Grip   Weak / Real
Weather = *   N/A
Time Progress = #   
N/A

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Events/Monday-Night-Racing/m-p/38013855#U38013855

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2014, 02:51:02 PM »

Announcement

This coming Monday Night Racing event will be closed to drop-ins, so if you wish to participate in an American Muscle versus American Muscle event, then please register in the event thread. Race details are in post #2 only.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Events/Monday-Night-Racing/m-p/38013857/highlight/false#M11590

Because a number of Tunas randomly participate in MNR, I wanted to give you a heads-up now, so that none of you are disappointed.  :-*

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2014, 09:15:22 PM »

Good fun at MNR tonight. I love that RX 7. I know I should be prepared, but it always seems to be a last minute opportunity as to when I can join. It's cool and I have never had a hard time finding the car in my garage or a minor purchase from the dealer.

See you soon.  :)

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2014, 01:39:59 PM »

I'm glad that you continue to enjoy MNR events, DudeTuna.

Just a heads-up for the next two, however. The cars are hexpensive. This week's is 500,000 credits and next week's will be much more, unless you already have the cars.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2014, 09:20:48 AM »

The Mazda RX500 1970 is a awesome car. I already own it. :)

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2014, 10:49:24 PM »

Mine felt slow all night. I imagine that you have to tune the transmission or you will get left behind.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2014, 03:34:07 AM »

finally made it at a decent time....
finally had a decent connection (my connection didn't even fight with Ex's connection for the first time ever)
finally got a fastest lap for the one race I had
Then the frakin' power went out   >:(

still  goos times.. liked the car alot  
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2014, 12:23:26 PM »

Monday Night Racing
Date   Monday,  May 26th
Time   8 PM - 10 PM, Eastern (or later, depending on interest)

Please get your car ready before you enter the lobby, so that you don't slow down the starts!
Car   Mazda 787B Stealth Model (the Stealth is preferred, or you can sub the '91)
Tracks   Fuji GT | La Sarthe 2005 w/chicanes | Nurburgring 24-Hour
Laps   10 | 5 | 2

Race Conditions
Tuning?   Allowed
Perf. Points   683
Max. Horse Power   800
Min. Weight (Kg)   830
Tires - maximum   Racing Medium
Tire Wear & Fuel   Normal
Penalties   Weak
Drafting / Grip   Weak / Real
Weather = *   N/A
Time Progress = #   
N/A

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2014, 08:41:38 AM »

Mine felt slow all night. I imagine that you have to tune the transmission or you will get left behind.

as we discussed in your other thread, it was very likely the overtuning, and then detuning that some were doing, that made your car seem slower.

Tguns was still kickin' ass though!!

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2015, 12:01:24 PM »

A new solution to an old problem.

Although I have brought the effects of abusing the power limiter to PDI's attention, I have no idea when they may allow better host control over using it, therefore, I have started requesting using 100% during races that have one car in them, since that is its intended purpose. With over 1200 cars, there has to be a way of leveling performance between different cars, but with only one car, that isn't necessary, so use 100%, to create more fun.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2015, 02:08:42 PM »

A new solution to an old problem.

Although I have brought the effects of abusing the power limiter to PDI's attention, I have no idea when they may allow better host control over using it, therefore, I have started requesting using 100% during races that have one car in them, since that is its intended purpose. With over 1200 cars, there has to be a way of leveling performance between different cars, but with only one car, that isn't necessary, so use 100%, to create more fun.

the only way that I'm aware of to discourage too much use of the Power Limiter is to combine a spec with all three major caps:  PP, HP, and KG.

As we've done for some of the GT Sats races, you simply make the more fast car out of the bunch limited by either HP or PP.  Some cars won't meet the max of both PP and HP settings, so this is more of a way to improve upon the PP system, than anything else.

If someone bolts too many parts and then uses the limiter more than prescribed, tehy will be even lower on HP or something like that, which will not be beneficial in most cases.

This method requires hours of testing per car, so that is the trade-off.  However, once verified that a particular car combo works well together, it can be saved for later use ;)

Example:

Car A:  400HP / 570PP
Car B: 400HP / 578PP - this car ends up 1 second faster...
Lower PP limit and see if they are closer.  Car B may not be able to have 400hp with that lower PP, but that's the point.
You may end up with 400HP / 572PP as the official race specs.  One car will not meet PP, and one will not meet HP.  But if you do it right, they can be within a tenth of each other, and drivers will more quickly choose different cars from one another, evne if one is still slightly faster overall.

By also using KG as a limiter, you avoid manipulation of PP with respect to HP.  It forces one to affect the other directly.

This method may require fine tooning for each track, however.  Monza, with lots of straights will favor HP, for instance.  A slower track may require a slight adjustment.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 02:13:55 PM by EX_stream_tuna »

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2015, 11:24:06 PM »

MNR uses one car, normally, so if someone limits the power more after making high power changes, the car ends up with more torque than ones which have the power limiter at 100%. As host, all I can do is ask for co-operation and ask for PDI top give hosts more control. It is something that could be added to GT6, as they did with separating tire settings.

Brindle

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2015, 09:48:38 AM »

Just a thought.  Has it been tested with limiter differences?  It's been a while, but I always tried to use above 95% as the car's handling seem to deteriorate below that, basically washing each other out.  This may not be the case anymore however, idk.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2015, 09:56:22 AM »

MNR uses one car, normally, so if someone limits the power more after making high power changes, the car ends up with more torque than ones which have the power limiter at 100%. As host, all I can do is ask for co-operation and ask for PDI top give hosts more control. It is something that could be added to GT6, as they did with separating tire settings.

In one-make races then, all you need to do is look at the values for a lubed, new car that has the PP you want for the race, and make sure the event is set to restrict not just on PP, but also HP and KG.  That way, you have locked in the Mass and power of the car, which are great equalizers in any game.  Then, the simple fact that it is a one-make  equals it out completely.  Now, it's just down to tuning specific parts of the car (not how many parts it has) if tuning is allowed.

Where you are doing more than one car in a race, that extra research to find the right combo of PP, HP, and KG is necessary.  Otherwise, for the one-makes like I said, all you have to do is just take note of what the settings are and lock the room down to those exact numbers.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up