• April 29, 2024, 04:05:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Formula Truck  (Read 1031 times)

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Formula Truck
« on: August 31, 2013, 10:57:12 AM »

I just saw this in a thread at the planet.  I missed it before.  It's made by the same guys that make Game Stock Car which Wiz likes.  Looks kind of fun: http://www.gameformulatruck.com/en/

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Formula Truck
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 11:15:45 AM »

A guy we used to race with on rF2 for a while there (Voltaic) has it.  He enjoys it.  Not sure it's my cup of tea though.

Speaking of Game Stock Car, I think I read that the 2013 update is coming soon. 

I often wish I could find more GSC players.  Having about 25 guys in a race series, being able to accurately replicate a real life series is one of my biggest "sim dreams".

Brindle

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 01:14:06 PM »

A guy we used to race with on rF2 for a while there (Voltaic) has it.  He enjoys it.  Not sure it's my cup of tea though.

I often wish I could find more GSC players.  Having about 25 guys in a race series, being able to accurately replicate a real life series is one of my biggest "sim dreams".

You still see him at all?  Seemed like a good level headed guy.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 02:30:14 PM »

You still see him at all?  Seemed like a good level headed guy.

Haven't seen him in a while.  I liked him too.  I think he only plays rF2 though.  If I/we ever start playing rF2 again, I'm sure we'll run into him.  :)

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 02:40:08 PM »

It's not something that I'd buy but it would be neat to have in GT.  Although then people would complain about why they didn't choose another supercar instead.  It reminds me of the made up race series that they sometimes have on Top Gear like the People Carrier touring series (minivan).  As an aside, Max Chilton usually appeared in those which is why I kind of hope that he does well.

As for replicating a real life series,  I've decided that the closest that I'm going to get to that is iRacing.  I'll probably never find a league that will run at times that I can do.  iRacing kind of replicates some real life racing series but instead of having to race at a very specific time, you can pick the time that you want to race.  At the higher levels, you get pit stops, full course yellows and everything.  iRacing is kind of like Apple.  It's expensive, it isn't perfect, but the overall experience is very good and not matched by any other game.
Pages: [1]   Go Up