• April 19, 2024, 10:02:29 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: renaissance or is it just me  (Read 2578 times)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
renaissance or is it just me
« on: October 02, 2013, 10:12:16 PM »

Over the last three to four weeks I have been in some great races with decent sized fields good atmosphere. Wondering if maybe everyone is feeling good about 6 being so near and/or racers wanting to be somewhat in practice when 6 arrives.

Have I just been way effin lucky or has anyone else noticed a difference? Could be that I am enjoying driving more right now than I have in a while and that is skewing my sense of things.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
Re: renaissance or is it just me
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 05:32:59 AM »

I think you just been lucky, Baked. For myself, I'm hardly playing GT5 at all now, with TuTu being the only event I'm still attending regularly. I was getting like this long before GTA V came out, I'm just bored with GT5. GT6 better bring the heat, if it's going to maintain my attention.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 10:40:54 AM »

What Chrome said.  There are so many other things I feel the need to take care of now, I simply don't have the time or desire to do much (any) racing.  That said, I am looking forward to 6 coming out. 

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 11:48:38 AM »

I have noticed the occasional larger field, but every time I look at my friends list every one is playing GTAV instead of GT5.  My guess is every one made a mistake and though that GTAV was a new GT game and they now just want to get their money's worth out of it.  :D

I admit I am trying to get into practice for GT6.  Right now I expect it to be my last GT, as I have no interest in moving to the Paystation 4.  I figure I better get as much out of 6 and whats left of 5 as I possibly can.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 11:51:21 AM »

what I'm noticing is that people come and go in waves.  some of the regulars of evnets aren't as regular anymore but some of the lurkers and occasional guys show up more... i'm somewhere in the middle I guess.

my time is somewhat limited because of a new-ish baby and not wanting to make my wife watch him all day, AND all night... just not fair.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 12:40:24 PM »

I'm really GTA V at this time, though I do still make race evnets on the weekend.  :)

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 03:55:25 PM »

What Chrome said.  There are so many other things I feel the need to take care of now, I simply don't have the time or desire to do much (any) racing.  That said, I am looking forward to 6 coming out. 

:stoopid:
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 01:10:28 PM »

I would love to race more often, but I find time is always so short now. I am even struggling with the planning for the MNR events, lately, and rarely get enough time to see who else is doing what on-line.

It's almost embarrassing, but there are things that I need to do, and going back to school only added to the strain.

If you are finding that you are getting good racing in, Dude, then all the power to you. ^-^

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 02:38:36 PM »

GT (no A) 6 will certainly bring a lot of people back.  Most other games can only hold someone's attention for a few months, maybe a year depending.  GT6 could carry us for 2-3 years, and is certain to take the spotlight as soon as it is released.

This brings up an important topic -- that those who play racing games or just game in general get stigmatized by the fact that it is a "game" and that we spend so much time working on, caring about, and perfecting our skills etc.  It seems laughable to some, but really it isn't very different from the things those same people do for hobbies.

In fact, our hobby is considerably cheaper than most, though one can spend a lot on gear etc.

I get chastized for being in the basement for hours at a time doing this or that on a 32" screen with some controller of one variety or another.  But my wife sits there while we're watching Netflix just staring at her iPhone, so I point out to her that she's not really "watching" the show which is supposed to be what we're doing.  I also point out that she merely prefers a 2.5 x 4 in screen where I prefer a larger one.

Just yesterday (or maybe the day before) I pointed this out again and said, "just pick up the damned controller!"

I don't mean to make her sound like a huge bitch, cuz she's not even close (though, every woman has her moments).  It's just a good example to point at about the hypocrisy of judging someone for playing a game, especially one that can be as serious and rewarding in so many ways like Gran Turismo.

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 05:12:26 PM »

I think a large part of the rise you have experienced is a direct result of the passing of GTallstar. Much like when we learned of UCan having passed many made a point to come back to the land, lounges and lobbies where we all called home for so long in an effort to honor our friend. There is also an element of a subconscious knowing that those of us who who knew them experienced. I can't speak for everyone but I know I definitely experienced it with both UCan and Allstar. I had been gradually fading away from GT into other games, Ace Combat Assault Horizon with UCan and  Playstation Home with Allstar. There come a time where all of a sudden I got an inexplicable and undeniable urge to get on to GT for a stint and on both occasions, by the grace of what ever destiny driving forces may be I was able to share the track with them for some of their last track sessions. In that effort many of us are remembering what it was that really brought us together and falling back to ways of old, back to the days before Tuna endurance racing, Tuna Series racing and various other more serious races. Back to a time when it was all for shits and giggles and no one gave a damn about the race, only the people where the real race winners were the ones who got the best laugh or had the most fun.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 05:45:22 PM »

My string of good nights started before the Memorial events for Allstar were being held. But those certainly played a role in things.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 06:31:36 PM »

Charlie' evnets are still about fub. And occasionally there are prizes too.  But fub is FUNduhMENTAL with the Chuck...

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2013, 07:42:12 PM »

Thought I had seen a shift in atmosphere at evnets in recent weeks. A rememberance that the moments shared on track are every bit as rewarding as a victory.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2013, 07:58:39 PM »

A rememberance that the moments shared on track are every bit as rewarding as a victory.

That is always my main goal. The occassional victory would be nice though.  :)
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2013, 08:20:32 PM »

I like the laughter :laugh

It's what keeps me going.  It's always goos times when were together on the track. No matter where in the pack you're sitting...

Of course the Navy guys would say it's best when "nut to butt".  (They keep them out on boats too long is my guess)

« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 08:22:52 PM by CharlieTuna »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up