SupaTunaGT

• April 27, 2024, 08:51:21 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Much better, but still a bit off  (Read 6763 times)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Much better, but still a bit off
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2013, 11:37:23 AM »

Regarding reverse: If you use paddle shifters get used to using them completely. As in using the left paddle to initiate reverse and right to regain first. Also, don't forget to come to a complete stop. :)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2013, 01:21:00 PM »

So as some recall, I have great appreciation for the MR cars. The Elise, NSX, MR2, 430...some of my favorite cars to drive in "5". I don't have much seat time in MR in "6", but here's some of them.

NSX '91. I put all the body work on it - floor, wing, etc. I found it quite good.
Dino. Stock/few bolt on power mods. Another great MR. Well behaved.
MR-2 GT-S - uncontrollable animal. I don't know how to deal with it yet. May need suspension adjustment.
NSX '01. Perfect car - bone stock.

I drove the last 2 one after the other, and found them very different. I couldn't keep the MR-2 pointed in the right direction two corners in a row. In over 20 minutes at Laguna Sec a, I spun the NSX once.

I haven't tried adjustable suspension yet. This is all stock suspension.

Not all MR are created equally. Food for thought.

Here is an MR-2 tune if you want to give it a go.
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praiano-gt6-tunes-bmw-m3-csl-03-550pp-sm-tune-updated.291084/page-11#post-9092076

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2013, 01:37:55 PM »

I've read a lot of the MR drive-ability issues stem from people putting aftermarket wheels on the car. Apparently PD messed up the code somehow and when aftermarket wheels are installed on cars with staggered offset (most MR cars for example) you end up with 4 front wheels. As we know front wheels are inherently skinnier and will mess up the balance of the car.

I love the way MR cars drive in 6, and haven't had the time to test this wheel upgrade theory, but if the code is fooked, it would make sense.

Let's hope that if it really is screwed up they recognize it and fix it soon!

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2013, 01:46:37 PM »

I've read a lot of the MR drive-ability issues stem from people putting aftermarket wheels on the car. Apparently PD messed up the code somehow and when aftermarket wheels are installed on cars with staggered offset (most MR cars for example) you end up with 4 front wheels. As we know front wheels are inherently skinnier and will mess up the balance of the car.

I love the way MR cars drive in 6, and haven't had the time to test this wheel upgrade theory, but if the code is fooked, it would make sense.

Thanks for the info.  :)

I know Turbo mentioned his settings were stock, maybe he did change wheels though. I see Praiano's Tune for that MR2 had some plus 2 wheels crossed out and stock listed as current.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2013, 02:50:16 PM »

hmm... that makes me want to go see if any unruly cars I have are using bigger wheels...

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2013, 06:24:02 AM »

Thanks for the tune finding dude. I'll try that some day. The keys to that tune are probably the ride height and LSD....both are kind of extreme, I think.

I did test some more cars. I found the R8 prize car quite good on race hards,. I found the Diablo GT3 good even on sports hard tires, awesome on sport soft. Tested an NSX type R '02 and found it to be perfect....easier to control than the M4 we got. I took the Aero bits off my 91 NSX and it was still fairly drivable on sports hard tires. I should have tested an Elise.

I'm pretty sure my wheels are all stock.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2013, 10:02:03 AM »

Apparently PD messed up the code somehow and when aftermarket wheels are installed on cars with staggered offset (most MR cars for example) you end up with 4 front wheels.

Yup, this is confirmed.  Here is a pic I found on GTP that shows it....

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2013, 11:04:08 AM »

Fuck do I sit on what I have purchased already and hope that PD bothers to fix this "soon" or do I go back and redo everything. Fuck!

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2013, 11:19:51 AM »

Fuck do I sit on what I have purchased already and hope that PD bothers to fix this "soon" or do I go back and redo everything. Fuck!

I think I'm missing something.  :-\

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2013, 11:28:05 AM »

I have a hundred cars that have already had the standard oil change, areo, wheels and paint done. Which means with them not getteing the stagger right on the aftermarket wheels means that I have many cars to go back through and put stock wheels on if PD is not quick to fix this issue with aftermarket wheels.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2013, 11:31:39 AM »

I have a hundred cars that have already had the standard oil change, areo, wheels and paint done. Which means with them not getteing the stagger right on the aftermarket wheels means that I have many cars to go back through and put stock wheels on if PD is not quick to fix this issue with aftermarket wheels.

I get it.  That really sucks.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2013, 11:43:20 AM »

That's one reason I'm not getting wheels now or adjustable suspension - or at least not adjusting suspension settings.

Tough one baked...it's probably most relevant on high end cars or pure performance cars...those with staggered wheels stock.

(You may not have been soliciting feedback, but there's my thought)

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2013, 02:06:27 PM »

One option you can try (I haven't tested this yet) if you want to keep your aftermarket wheels is to stagger the tire compound by keeping a softer tire in the rear vs. the front. I'm going to try that Clark Grizzwald supercar (the Cizeta?) at the IA MR Trial Mountain race with CS on the front and SH on the rear. The car still has factory suspension so we'll see what happens.  ;D

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2013, 03:11:12 PM »

Apparently this also holds true for Rear engine Rear drive cars as well, I have some bike on the back of my BTR.

Also, also.....When I bought my lambo on day one I opted not to change the rims because you could actually see it that in the rim selection preview the rear rims were extremely shallow, at least in the rim it self. I didn't expect that effect to be literal, but never the less I really liked the natural deep wall look to the lambo rear rims so I kept them. Subsequently with the Lambo being the only Mid Engine I actually drive I found it to be a dream and could not for the life of me understand what everyone was talking about MR's being fucked up, I get it now.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 03:21:24 PM by RoninTuna »

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2013, 08:18:30 PM »

I have not read every thing but, I discovered while playing around that when using the test drive option in the garage you have to go into the course settings after picking a track and change the grip from low to real.  If I'm not the only one that's missed this it could have an impact on some of the real world vs. virtual comparisons.  :-\
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up