• March 28, 2024, 01:44:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Linked Events

• Career in a Year: January 31, 2014
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: January Shifter Karts  (Read 14650 times)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: January Shifter Karts
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2014, 11:12:39 PM »

If anyone ever sees me in a lobby and has any questions stop in ask. Cannot assure you that I will have answers but I will share whatever knowledge I do have. Or will turn laps with anyone that wants some seat time to learn a different line or wants to get used to running in traffic. Or just to compare practice times. The more we share with each other the faster everyone gets. And to me that is the end goal a deep pool of quick Tuna to create great fields to race with.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2014, 11:19:44 PM »

Thanks for sharing Brindle.

Also in case anyone is unsure next stop will be London forward and reverse. Maybe this time the host will be smart enough to know which is which.  ::)

So, is it the shifter carts all month?  Or do the vehicles change each week also?  Sorry, I am kinda lost  :-\

Never mind...I just read the name of the thread...LOL

See you Friday...and thanx to both Baked and Brindle for the trans info...maybe I can pull my head out this Friday!!!!

Each month (more or less) is a new series. The thought is to emulate a journeyman proffesional driver's career at each of the stops on his career.

Mondo_Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Albacore Tuna
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2014, 10:03:31 AM »

8) Well, decided to take a VaCa day today...gonna get on for a bit and run some London if anybody cares to join.."Mondo_Tuna's Career Starts Here"...

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2014, 03:25:33 PM »

Had a busy day but will be getting out tonight to get some laps in. So Mondo if you are still interested or anyone else just look around I should be on around 5 E.S.T.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2014, 08:17:58 PM »

Got out ran some laps with Brindle and Mondo at London these races have the potential to shke up the standings. Even if you have speed patience will be needed in traffic.

I will likely be out there at least one more day this week if anyone else wants some seat time stop on in.

We also checked out Motegi East for a few laps holy crap is that gonna be a fast race.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2014, 09:36:30 AM »

Got out ran some laps with Brindle and Mondo at London these races have the potential to shke up the standings. Even if you have speed patience will be needed in traffic.

I will likely be out there at least one more day this week if anyone else wants some seat time stop on in.

We also checked out Motegi East for a few laps holy crap is that gonna be a fast race.

I got out on London in Arcade TT. Man what a painful track this will be. Best lap was a 53.8xx, I had that ghost beat plenty of times only to have one tiny error cost me 5 seconds. It's so hard for me in a kart because I've always just attacked the kerbs at London. I see London traffic jams in the future.  ^-^

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2014, 10:19:55 AM »

Indeed.  WE'll need to be especially careful of traffic and curbage (like cabbage, except it is very BAD for your "regularity") at London.

I found it more than a little difficult to use my preferred view mode in the race last Friday, which is the interior view for the karts.  Especially at the beginning of the race when we were all passing so closely and stuff, the little indicators weren't enough warning, so I had to use bumper view to get a rear view that I could rely on.

I will probably keep it on that view for the entire London race for that reason, though it is a little less fun.  I don't want to add (too much) carnage to the race.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2014, 09:37:52 AM »

Dude, your 53.8 seems fairly quick.  I stopped practicing after I got a 54.4 last night.  Knowing there are guys faster than us, it sounds like I have some work to do.

ALso, staying off the curbs isn't too hard.  It's just that it is the most detrimental thing when you happen to miss the mark.  That said, I was by myself.  I can see that traffic and curbage is going to be difficult.

I think we should all agree not to do a lot of position changes on the first lap until things spread out...  There are very tight lines where you can be both fast through a corner, AND avoid the curbs.  If two people try to share that space while maintaining the maximum speed they will have problems.

I would also suggest that when we see two racers in front of us adjusting to make sure this doesn't occur, that we don't try to force our way past at that moment.  Wait for a better moment.

For me, my strategy will be mostly ab out avoiding wrecks and curbs, and seeing where I und up :)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2014, 10:00:23 AM »

Dude, your 53.8 seems fairly quick.  I stopped practicing after I got a 54.4 last night.  Knowing there are guys faster than us, it sounds like I have some work to do.

ALso, staying off the curbs isn't too hard.  It's just that it is the most detrimental thing when you happen to miss the mark.  That said, I was by myself.  I can see that traffic and curbage is going to be difficult.

I think we should all agree not to do a lot of position changes on the first lap until things spread out...  There are very tight lines where you can be both fast through a corner, AND avoid the curbs.  If two people try to share that space while maintaining the maximum speed they will have problems.

I would also suggest that when we see two racers in front of us adjusting to make sure this doesn't occur, that we don't try to force our way past at that moment.  Wait for a better moment.

For me, my strategy will be mostly ab out avoiding wrecks and curbs, and seeing where I und up :)

I applied Brindle's gear set.
Bravo everyone!!!!

Man that was fun as hell last night.  Those karts can really make you sweat, especially when the field is breathing down your neck.   ;D 
Thanks Baked and company for some good battles out there.  I worked my ass of to get those spots. 

Also, I know a few were curious of trans settings, so here is what I used.  Set them in the order shown.

Final - 5.020
Slider - 124
1 - full left
2 - 1.589
3 - 1.255
4 - 1.026
5 - .867
6 - .752

I will most likely only be changing the final gear from track to track.

I was on my way to a 52 a couple of times, but I could not keep it together. I'm sure someone will find some 50's or 51's. The traffic on this tight track is what puts qualifying at a premium. It will be fun and exciting. I'm really looking forward to it. 

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2014, 10:07:26 AM »

I copied that Trans tune as well.  Definitely beneficial.

My main goal is just to do better than last week, which wasn't so great for me.  I hadn't been in a shifter kart before entering the room... shhh

Brindle

« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2014, 01:59:34 PM »

Don't forget Dude practices offline.  Best I've done is a 53.024, while Baked has hit 52.9 

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2014, 02:45:43 PM »

Don't forget Dude practices offline.  Best I've done is a 53.024, while Baked has hit 52.9 

I may have to print this and frame it. Not too often I am quicker even if it is only about a tenth of a second.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2014, 03:05:21 PM »

Yes I use offline arcade TT. I do set to real, but I think that is only for off track excursions. I am too lazy to fire up a server, plus I like a ghost to chase at a later date.  :)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2014, 03:49:09 PM »

Do we know for a fact that offline is faster than online like was the case in GT5 early on, but was lessened to a degree later in its lifespan?

I have meant to look at that comparison, but haven't gotten around to it yet, like so many other things.

Brindle

« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2014, 06:17:31 AM »

Yes I use offline arcade TT. I do set to real, but I think that is only for off track excursions. I am too lazy to fire up a server, plus I like a ghost to chase at a later date.  :)

Sorry Dude.  Nothing against you or offline, just that I have learned how to read your practice times.  :)

Do we know for a fact that offline is faster than online like was the case in GT5 early on, but was lessened to a degree later in its lifespan?

I have meant to look at that comparison, but haven't gotten around to it yet, like so many other things.

I haven't tested lap times, but I know for a fact the grip is MUCH higher (drove an LMP car).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up