SupaTunaGT

• April 26, 2024, 03:20:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Cote d'Rockets sponcord by Fratelli Tires  (Read 3811 times)

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Cote d'Rockets sponcord by Fratelli Tires
« on: January 26, 2014, 06:44:12 PM »

It's always fun to butcher two languages in one sentence.  :D

I had originally intended to do a slightly amusing and hopefully comical introduction to the race but the further I get into the description I realized that, in truth, it has become more of an editorial regarding the current state of racing.

Organizing a new event has become incredibly difficult.  The fact is I have not seen it this bad since the mid-90s and the demise of the original IMSA and the rise of the corrupt Professional Sports Car organization.  Like back then, on the surface, things may seem ok but it is clear there is a cancer eating away at the sport we all hold dear.  Clearly, I’m talking about PD Tire Co.  What started as rumor has without a doubt been confirmed.  It is obvious that PD Tire Co. has been using their influence as tire supplier to affect the outcome of races all over the world.  Not only have they been supplying tires that are clearly substandard that do not grip or wear consistently which is a danger to both racers and spectators , it’s also clear that they have been paying their sponsored drivers to slow down to affect the outcome of races.  But like back in the 90s there is possibly a light at the end of this tunnel.

Things have definitely been hard.  Sitting Duck is obviously not the organization it once was.  After a disastrous season in the World Exotics Championship, we lost several of our sponsors, including our primary sponsor the Solent Corporation.  With limited funds we were left with no choice but to pick and choose where and how to race.  Basically the cheaper the better. The problem is, cheaper also often equals less safe. Several severe head injuries from accidents at Daytona and a little bad vision later, sitting duck was in just as bad or worse shape than the current racing environment.   But things have started to turn around.

A brief but successful stint in the Red Bull Jr. series provided a cash infusion that gave us the flexibility to purchase some new cars and get the attention of potential sponsors once again.  Then suddenly it happened, we were approached by Pirelli Tires.  What a breath of fresh air!  To pick up a sponcer of the integrity of Pirelli tires.  Pirelli would never, NEVER, put drivers at risk with inconsistent tires or try to alter the outcome of a race buy aiding specific teams or designing tires to cater to one specific team. Thank Goodness for Pirelli Tires.  

So sign up declare your color and worry not because your car will have Pirelli tires and Pirelli has got your back.

When: Saturday April 26rd time: 7pm EST
Where: Cote d'Azure
Laps: 78 w/10min qualify
Car: Rocket by Light Car Company
Mods: all except Turbos
PP: 630
HP: 278
KG: 390
Tires: Sports Soft
Wear: Very Fast
Tuning: Open

No NOS
Everything set to real
All assists prohibit except ABS

Entrants:
1. dlrws6 - French Racing Blue
2. Bakedtuna
3. Tunawiz - Some Sorta White
4.  Dawson864
5.  DudTuna
6. CharTuna  -charcoal
7. nosock - imperial green

« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 02:43:07 PM by dlrws6 »

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Cote d'Rockets sponcord by Pirelli
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 07:13:49 PM »

My tenative entry is based upon the tire /pit stop issues being acceptable or totally fixed.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 07:36:23 PM »

Sign me up.  I'll be in some sort of white.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 08:15:05 PM »

My tenative entry is based upon the tire /pit stop issues being acceptable or totally fixed.

All humor aside,  I'm hoping it'll get fixed sooner than later. But I'm not too concerned with it.  I'm still testing the tire issue but worse case scenario, I believe I can tweak the rules to aid in minimizing its affect, if it is too unbearable.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 10:05:57 AM »

^I don't even know what issue Baked is referring to.  Is it an online thing?  I haven't played GT6 online yet.

Things have definitely been hard.  Sitting Duck is obviously not the organization it once was.  After a disastrous season in the World Exotics Championship, we lost several of our sponsors, including our primary sponsor the Solent Corporation.  With limited funds we were left with no choice but to pick and choose where and how to race.  Basically the cheaper the better. The problem is, cheaper also often equals less safe. Several severe head injuries from accidents at Daytona and a little bad vision later, sitting duck was in just as bad or worse shape than the current racing environment.   But things have started to turn around.

LMAO

Sign me up dlrws6!  As always it depends on the date you chose but I like this idea.

PSN ID = dawson864

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 11:40:49 AM »

It's far far away, but put me on the list please. I promise not to oversleep.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 12:35:58 PM »

^I don't even know what issue Baked is referring to.  Is it an online thing?  I haven't played GT6 online yet.

Things have definitely been hard.  Sitting Duck is obviously not the organization it once was.  After a disastrous season in the World Exotics Championship, we lost several of our sponsors, including our primary sponsor the Solent Corporation.  With limited funds we were left with no choice but to pick and choose where and how to race.  Basically the cheaper the better. The problem is, cheaper also often equals less safe. Several severe head injuries from accidents at Daytona and a little bad vision later, sitting duck was in just as bad or worse shape than the current racing environment.   But things have started to turn around.

LMAO

Sign me up dlrws6!  As always it depends on the date you chose but I like this idea.

See this post.  There is a bug that affects tire wear and lap times when you make a pit stop.

http://www.supatunagt.com/smf/index.php?topic=2899.0

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 12:24:31 PM »

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 01:03:25 PM »

If it's good enough for the Dud, it's good enough for me...

Please sign CharTuna up for this evnet.  He will be driving a charcoal colored Rocket with bad o-rings.  Wwll the smoke comes from somewhere, and evidently not his tires...

:badair

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 01:49:13 PM »

If it's good enough for the Dud, it's good enough for me...

Please sign CharTuna up for this evnet.  He will be driving a charcoal colored Rocket with bad o-rings.  Wwll the smoke comes from somewhere, and evidently not his tires...

Leave Dud alone damit. 

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 12:58:24 PM »

I want to try and test some tunes for this, this weekend (I'm thinking Saturday afternoon around 3pm PST). I can send out some PSN PM's when I do if anyone is interested.

Some seasonal Rocket tunes here  https://sites.google.com/site/gt6tunes/seasonals

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 12:52:59 PM »

I know I've been pretty quiet on the forum (and online play) but I've been keeping an eye on this thread.

Also I hope to get more involved (again) in the near future.  Just been busy with life!

PSN ID = dawson864

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2014, 11:18:47 AM »

I know I've been pretty quiet on the forum (and online play) but I've been keeping an eye on this thread.

Also I hope to get more involved (again) in the near future.  Just been busy with life!

Same here but this is still a go.  I'm about to be on vacation so I most likely will spend some time finishing up the details and setting a firm date in the next few days for this.  :)

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2014, 05:37:15 PM »

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Several drivers and spec-taters were injured today while practicing for the inaugural Cote d'Rockets scheduled for Saturday April 26rd.  The cause of the accident is still being investigated.

The following was filmed by an amateur photographer.

We will have more news as it becomes available.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 02:43:50 PM by dlrws6 »

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2014, 08:23:59 PM »

lol
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up