SupaTunaGT

• March 28, 2024, 11:51:29 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: GT6 pit stop tire wear thing  (Read 8691 times)

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
Re: GT6 pit stop tire wear thing
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 11:16:38 AM »

I'm uploading the replay to youtube now, hopefully a 20 min vid won't be an issue.

Ok that was just fucking weird.....

All right, when I ran this race I recorded, it was my third attempt, I was not paying attention to my tires or fuel when I pitted in, I was pitting on a time frame which was after the 10 min mark. I went in after the eleven min mark, once I made the command for my tires and fuel I then looked at my tires and saw 8 - 7 on the front and 8 - 8 on the rear. While watching the replay I noticed I had significantly lower tire life when I entered pit road, it changed upon my entry to pit road.

That said I might be wrong, either way that is an interesting piece of information.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2014, 11:19:44 AM »

It was present very early on. I noticed it the first time I ran the mini enduros in the career. I probably made it to those races within the first two weeks of the game's launch.

If it is somehow changing tire type, it's only the rear, and only some cars. The effected car becomes looser in handling, and as you can see from the tests, wear out the rears faster.

It's not just the rear, it's all the way around. Something I noticed because I had to pay enough attention to it to be able to counter it in order to win the mini enduro at Pisspot Hill and Suzie Cue. All 4 tires will ware at an accelerated rate, it's only more pronounced in the rear.

It may depend on the car used, but as you can see from the ones I tested in the first post, front tire wear differences were minimal.
There may also be a correlation between the front ware and the loss of rear grip making the ware less evident when not compensating for the increased ware. I was unable to win those races due to tire ware and was forced to compensate, it seems feasible that the reduced rear bite and acceleration capacity reduces stress on the front tires due to lower cornering speed. Something that goes out the window once the rear fade is accounted for, it is then that the front acceleration becomes visible. As I type I am going through the replay from when I actually won the race to reconfirm the numbers so I'll have more in fifteen to twenty min and unless my memory is failing me and I am wrong or some unforseeable issue I'll have a replay to go with it.

What I tried to do in everyone of my tests, was run fast, but in control. I wasn't trying to set lap records, I was running an endurance race. Keeping that in mind, knowing my second stint tires would be less grippy. I avoided wheel spin, and sliding to keep my tests as pure as possible.

Also, offline results may differ from online, but I was experiencing the same on both.

Also, also, what car was you using at Apricot Hill? The Honda HSV makes it 10laps, actually pitting at the end of 9, because of fuel. Which means you only have to do 5 laps on the shitty 2rd stint tires. Very easy win, as I've done it numerous times, just for fun.

BMW M3 GT 2 Base model 11

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2014, 11:59:49 AM »

I'll add what I can my lunch time is limited...

I'm not aware of any change to the squeal sound made by the glitching tires through the various updates. It has always been the same for me which I believe would cover versions 1.02 to 1.04.  I don't believe I had progressed enough to test 1.01.  Also, I will not be able to compaire 1.04 to 1.05 as far as sound goes. I've made some significant upgrades to my hometheater system since I last played. Safe to say everything will sound louder now.  :laugh

I am curious about v 1.00. Or in other words the retail disk version without updates.  I have not seen any evidence that it has ever been tested. 

So far I have not tested 1.05 but I've got the cars lined up to do so.  I had hoped to do some over my vacation but I could not get motivated.  I think I needed a break after marathoning the last half of WindWaker.  :D

Regarding which tires are affected. I'm convinced that it is the drive tires, subject to the parameters of each car.  In testing, I've tried to FWD cars the Acura Integra type R and the VW I posted in the first tests.  The VW clearly wore out the front tires quicker on the second stint. With the Type R, the differences were not as sever but they were still present. (I have not posted numbers because I had other pit stop issues that, at least to me, invalidated the test from a reporting stand point. i.e. no pit in dialog box)

Crap times up...

I have a long list of things I still want to test including more with the FGT.  Give me a few days and let me see if I can talk myself back into doing some more testing.

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2014, 01:59:04 PM »

Youtube cut the last min off my vid but that's ok, it was only about 10 sec of race and about a min of cool down and my shutting down the camera.

http://youtu.be/0Y96HfiB7ys

But yeah, now that I noticed the strange behavior of the tires on pit road when confirming my stop, the front tires seem to actually ware slower but I am going to have to watch this one again a few more times on the Playstation to really get a look at it.

That said, I started that race with medium on the back and hard on the front because in my previous attempts the car devoured the front tires in what I thought was a bit unnatural way, I'm a little surprised to see them ware evenly on the second stint.

That said, if I may pitch another theory:

Perhaps it's not the second stint that is wrong but the first and the rear tires are simply sticking too much not wareing properly and lasting too long?

How many tests have been conducted involving more than 2 stints?

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2014, 02:04:44 PM »

How many tests have been conducted involving more than 2 stints?

From what I've tested, every set of tires from the first pit stop on, are the same. I've done runs, and pitted 5 times, with no other set of tires acting like the first. It is possible the first set is "wrong", but it doesn't really matter which set is wrong. None of them should be.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2014, 06:35:26 PM »

Hard to believe the game is over three months old and this isn't fixed. I can't remember the last time I was racing and I don't miss it.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2014, 06:57:17 PM »

Added my 1.05 test results to the OP. The numbers are all over the place, looking at all 3 test.  ^-^

I started to run the RB Jr. again, but I had run nearly 100 laps steady, I'll save it for another time.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2014, 08:00:16 PM »

I've added my first 1.05 results to the front page as well.  Still not quite as organized as chromes.  :)  I agree that it could be a matter of prior physics tire vs. new physics tire but I could not say for certain which is right and which is wrong.  Although in some ways the post pit stop tires remind me more of the tires in GT5.

I've also tried multiple pit stops to see if each set is different and as far as I can tell the results are the same as the others. The set you start the race with is the only set of tires that are different.  I guess its a good thing, that right or wrong, at least the first pit stop the tires become consistent. ::)  I guess in an enduro you could do one parade lap and make every one pit on lap one and then start the race.

Also from one comment about the FGT I don't think weight plays an issue.  The Redbulls and the Rocket are both, almost or just as, light weight as the FGT and they both appear to suffer from the glitch.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2014, 11:13:55 PM »

Thanks Chrome and dlrws for compiling these numbers!

I sent a report about this issue in tonight using your numbers, in case the problem has been overlooked, for whatever reason. (I can't image how it could be missed with it being discussed everywhere, but it hasn't been fixed, so I will try to give it a hand.)

On the other hand, we clearly demonstrated the random position starts for them last night during MNR, so hopefully these two obvious problems get fixed quickly.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2014, 09:43:37 AM »

I sent a report about this issue in tonight using your numbers, in case the problem has been overlooked, for whatever reason. (I can't image how it could be missed with it being discussed everywhere, but it hasn't been fixed, so I will try to give it a hand.)

On the other hand, we clearly demonstrated the random position starts for them last night during MNR, so hopefully these two obvious problems get fixed quickly.

Thanks for submitting that.  At least then we'll know for certain it is known.  I suspect they will be able to fix it fast once the right person sits down to tackle it.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2014, 11:46:20 AM »

Thanks for submitting that.  At least then we'll know for certain it is known.  I suspect they will be able to fix it fast once the right person sits down to tackle it.

:stoopid:

Thank you very much MGT for forwarding this on.

I wish/hope that it would be a quick fix, but my gut feeling is they've known about it for some time and that if it was a quick fix it would have already been fixed.  I've wondered since the beginning if the issue lies within the coding of the individual cars and not the, for lack of a better term, the game engine.

Also, on a side note, I'm hoping I'll get a chance in the near future to put all my notes in a cleaner easier to read format.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2014, 12:01:31 PM »

Unless you figure out the best way to handle the tire change, just to make use of your knowledge, then I wouldn't put too much more effort into it. Since PD has been made aware of the issue, once and for all, it is up to them to fix it.

The problem is that every time I get to this point of directly having to describe a problem to them, its as if they have no clue that it is even happening. That is why I keep on sending in bug reports, even though they don't respond about them, therefore I have no idea what effect the reports have other than seeing the fixes show up - eventually. It is pretty disheartening, sometimes. However, a change is coming to help make this sort of communication with them a lot better for all of us, if it works out as I hope it should.

In the meantime, the better a problem is described, the easier it is for me to point it out to them.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2014, 11:40:15 AM »

I guess I feel like beating a dead horse...

I'm just about sold on the idea that the tire glitch is on a car by car basis.  I've been looking over other forums and their test results and I now suspect that there are cars in the game that are immune.  I've currently got a short list to test based on results from other sites.

To try and throw a positive twist to a sucky situation, if any one thinks they've found a car that does not show signs of the extreme tire wear, post up the make and model and lets test it and see if we can come to a consensus that it is or is not immune to the bug.

I know it may be a long shot and I have no interest nor the funds to test ever car in game. But even if we find a short list of functioning cars it would give us some options for running longer races.

Just please no generalizations like all front drive cars or all miatas  :laugh

I know... it's a very long shot

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2014, 05:24:58 PM »

you could be onto something Feld. I been testing a FalconXR for an evnet with another group, you cannot warm up the back tires, even after a pit stop
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2014, 10:03:26 AM »

Attached is a screen shot of a guy at GTP tests, and thoughts on this subject. I think it makes some sense.

Long story short, he thinks the pit stop bug might be related to the tire width bug we had early in the game.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 10:05:28 AM by ChromeTuna »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up