SupaTunaGT

• March 28, 2024, 05:40:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Linked Events

• Career in a Year: March 07, 2014
  • Career in a Year: March 14, 2014
  • Career in a Year: March 21, 2014
  • Career in a Year: March 28, 2014
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: March Mazda Roadster TC  (Read 7486 times)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
March Mazda Roadster TC
« on: February 19, 2014, 10:18:47 PM »

The car for the third season is going to be Mazda Roadster TC details are being hashed out at the moment but expect between 250 and 300 HP. Open tuning. Racing hard tyres. Known tracks at the moment are SS Rt 5 both directions and Deep Forest both directions. More details "soon".

Some of the promotional details got worked out and Clubman Rt 5 has been added. As has Trial Mountain.

A car we are all familiar with tracks everyone has seen plenty of times, lets fill up the fields every week  ;)

Car Spec
510 PP / 276 HP / race hard tires

Schedule:

March 7rd:
Round-1: Trial Mountain Circuit forward (14)
Round-2: Trial Mountain Circuit reverse (14)

March 14st:
Round-1: Clubman Rt. 5 forward (Sprint-?)
Round-1: Clubman Rt. 5 forward (Sprint-?)
Round-2: Special Stage Rt. 5 Circuit forward (?)

March 21rd:
Round-1: Deep Forest reverse (?)
Round-2: Deep Forest forward (?)

March 28st:
Round-1: Clubman Rt. 5 reverse (Sprint-?)
Round-1: Clubman Rt. 5 reverse (Sprint-?)
Round-2: Full Special Stage Rt. 5 Circuit (?)

Room hosted by BakedTuna opens 9pm eastern racing starts at 9:30. All are welcome to join in but need your friends request by no later than 5 pm on the day of the race.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 02:44:32 PM by BakedTuna »

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: March Mazda Roadster TC
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 01:12:57 AM »

The car for the third season is going to be Mazda Roadster TC details are being hashed out at the moment but expect between 250 and 300 HP. Open tuning. Racing hard tyres. Known tracks at the moment are SS Rt 5 both directions and Deep Forest both directions. More details "soon".

Some of the promotional details got worked out and Clubman Rt 5 has been added. As has Trial Mountain.

A car we are all familiar with tracks everyone has seen plenty of times, lets fill up the fields every week  ;)

All four weeks worth of tracks are there this week will see car specs finalized.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 08:55:02 PM »

Car specs, schedule, points and race format are in final phase of testing. Should offer the a Tuna Twist that will surprise many of you.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 09:07:37 PM »

So after two seasons in open wheeled cars you decide it is time to look at some low level sports car racing. What better ride than the modern day classic Mazda Miata. We will be using the Mazda Roadster TC. Specs will be 510 points and 276 HP maximums how you arrive at these numbers is between you and your team engineers. Tires are the racing hards. All tuning is open to you.

Schedule is going to be opening week March 7rd we will be at the Trial Mountain Circuit running a race first forward then for the second round that night we will run it in reverse. The second week March 14st will have us on track at Clubman Rt 5 forward and Special Stage Rt 5 forward. This will be the intro week for the new format. More on this in a few minutes after the schedule is done being rolled out. Week three, March 21, is at Deep Forest first in reverse then in forward. The final week March 28 is back to the streets first on Clubman Rt 5 reverse and then on the full Special Stage Rt 5. Lap counts to be determined.

Now on to the subject of the new format those of you who have ran the series are used to the doubleheader format I have been using for the first two seasons and we will continue to use some. Such as weeks at Trial Mountain and Deep Forest will be ran this way. But the events at Rt 5 will be different. We will start of like normal a Q session then a race although these will be shorter more sprint minded. After the first race we will flop the field based on the previous race results. Points will be awarded evenly to both races save for this one caveat. In the second heat if someone can come from the lower half of the starting grid and win then they get a bonus. equal to half the points available for the heat. And the further back someone comes from on the grid to win the higher the bonus. Then there is a third race on the big track that will be more like what we have been running, a quick Q session followed by an approximate 20 minute race.

Example Friday March 14 will go like this Clubman Rt 5 forward Q session then short 10-15 lap race for a first heat. Then the second heat will be on Clubman as well but the field will be reversed from the prior race's results for another short sprint race that promises to be actions packed. Then we will have and intermission and when we reconvene we will be on the Special Stage Rt 5 circuit for a short Q then a 20 minute race.

Points will be one point for your spot and one for everyone that you finish in front of, for example you win a race that 8 people are in you get 8 points. Simple enough I think. Now for the those bonus points let us use that last example again you win a race that the grid has been reversed and you came from fifth starting spot you would qualify for one bonus point. But if you could have won that same race from the eighth starting spot you would receive 4 bonus points. Only the winner of the race is even eligible for the bonus points.

The second heat will have passing and plenty of action between the reversed grid and possible bonus points. Think it will make for some exciting footage for Wizard.

Having ten points paying races takes some of the pressure off of each one just a bit. Ten points races in 4 weeks should be fast paced. Hope its not too much too quick.

This probably sounds more confusing than it really is. Any questions please ask I can explain to everyone in plenty of time for the first race.

Will try to get room specs posted by Monday morning. But don't expect too much other than ABS in the way of aids. But these are all tracks and cars we are all very familiar with. Lets see some big grids out there boys.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 10:43:43 PM by BakedTuna »

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 09:15:06 PM »

Just think the bigger the grid the further back the fast guys will have to start a few heats this month. Come lets get a big effin room and stick their asses way back there.  :o  :P  :laugh

Mondo_Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Albacore Tuna
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 12:00:22 AM »

Sounds  fun, my 8) and I'll be there

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 11:42:06 PM »

Lounge will be using these settings from week to week. Race time in the lounge will vary from week to week, I will try to remember to post it by Wednesday each week though. Time progression will always be set to 1. Track conditions will always be dry.

Grid start with false starts on. No boost or penalties will be in place. Tire wear will be on normal. Track edge real. Visible damage on, mechanical damage light. Slipstream strength real.

As stated in earlier post PP 510, HP 276 and racing hard tires. Vehicle Tuning no limit and ABS is allowed. The following options are prohibited nitrous, skid recovery force, active steering, active stability management, driving line and traction control.

If I have left anything of concern out then just speak up and I will try to clear the air.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 05:10:59 PM »

Trial Mountain Friday night forward will be 5 minute Q session and 14 lap race. While reverse will see a 6 minute Q session and a 14 lap race.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 05:34:56 PM »

Trailmix Mountain, Roger. Over, Over.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 06:45:51 PM »

Any lurkers or just regulars who have not made it out for a points race in a while this series should be a easy introduction into things come on out join in the fun.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 12:50:47 PM »

I have a car and I was rolling it over on Trail Mountain just last night.  ^-^

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 01:38:53 PM »

The people watching this, and perhaps the Trial Mountain Monkey too, were they hating it? :D

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 03:04:50 PM »

I have a car and I was rolling it over on Trail Mountain just last night.  ^-^

The people watching this, and perhaps the Trial Mountain Monkey too, were they hating it? :D

I'm not sure. Should ask the blimp people?

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 04:35:43 PM »

You could, I believe they are patrolling way up there and should have a good view to see if you're riding dirty :)

They See Me Rollin They Hatin

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 04:41:42 PM »

You could, I believe they are patrolling way up there and should have a good view to see if you're riding dirty :)

They See Me Rollin They Hatin

I will give them a fish hug then.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up