• April 18, 2024, 12:15:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Online racing issues: GT6  (Read 2817 times)

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Online racing issues: GT6
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2014, 04:37:51 PM »

re: different cars. This happened to me OFFline...in my XJ13 the engine sound was that of a whiny thing rather than the Jag growl. I saved the replay and engine sound was normal.... ???
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2014, 04:48:11 PM »

Obviously it's a bug.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2014, 08:45:01 AM »

While not a problem, so to speak, and not even online, I hate the fact that there is an automatic replay after EVERY offline race.  WTH?

Or having to turn traction control off for each and every fucking car you have.

It's annoying, but purposeful.  IRL TCS is tied to each specific car, and between cars they don't talk to each other to figure out who is driving, so you have to turn off TCS in each car you drive.  They are apparently, (and I agree it's annoying) trying to simulate that.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2014, 08:48:16 AM »

re: different cars. This happened to me OFFline...in my XJ13 the engine sound was that of a whiny thing rather than the Jag growl. I saved the replay and engine sound was normal.... ???

that MAY have been because some cars sound raspy from inside or bumper view, but sound beasty in hood/roof view and panning replay view.

That is the ONE easiest thing PD could do to improve their sounds. -- make each of the views sound more similar to one another.  I know you're not hearing things from the same perspective in each view, but they change far too much, and not in ways I feel they would change.  They also take away too much of the volume of the car's sounds when in chase view.  Come on, we're not THAT far away from the exhaust that it should be so quiet!

I've said before that the best aspects of GT's sounds are brought out when you get some good speakers...  but unfortunately, so are its flaws!

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2014, 02:03:47 PM »

While not a problem, so to speak, and not even online, I hate the fact that there is an automatic replay after EVERY offline race.  WTH?

It's annoying, but purposeful.  IRL TCS is tied to each specific car, and between cars they don't talk to each other to figure out who is driving, so you have to turn off TCS in each car you drive.  They are apparently, (and I agree it's annoying) trying to simulate that.

Sorry Ex, I don't buy that at all.  I've owned six cars.  I have never had to turn off traction control on any of them.  If PD was worried about real life they wouldn't have traction control on cars that don't have it.  If traction control is a game aid then it should be a global setting.  If it is a car setting, then cars without traction control should not default to 5.

In my opinion, games like iRacing have the right idea with driving aids.  You can change the global settings for driving aids.  If you turn all the aids off, you get what the car has in real life and can adjust those settings like you can in real life.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2014, 02:35:39 PM »

From what I've seen, GT6 is the same as GT5, in which all cars' traction control is default on 5. Now, once I've changed any car to zero, it stays zero for that car.

New, undriven car  = got to turn off TC. Been like that for the past two game, maybe even prologue to.

Now that I think about it, GT4 had a default driving aid set, that had to be turned down for every undriven car. Once changed, it was maintain for that car.

Being able to just change it once, and having it apply across the board would be nice, but you may have a car or two that you run some TC on.  :-\
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 02:37:21 PM by ChromeTuna »
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2014, 02:56:48 PM »

While not a problem, so to speak, and not even online, I hate the fact that there is an automatic replay after EVERY offline race.  WTH?

It's annoying, but purposeful.  IRL TCS is tied to each specific car, and between cars they don't talk to each other to figure out who is driving, so you have to turn off TCS in each car you drive.  They are apparently, (and I agree it's annoying) trying to simulate that.

Sorry Ex, I don't buy that at all.  I've owned six cars.  I have never had to turn off traction control on any of them.

Umm... I wasn't saying that at all.  I was talking about sports cars.  The fact that PD applied it to everything was not the point.  The point is to describe what the obvious thinking process was based on the facts we have available.  I said nothing of the merit of having TCS on all cars in GT.  I described the thought process they obviously went through to make the decision that it should be an individual car setting.  I also said nothing of the merit of that decision.

How likely do you think it is that PD did not do things as I described, based on the fact that ALL other driver aids are global except TCS?  Do you not think they might have recognized the fact that a car with 500hp with no TCS might behave a lot different than one with 300hp and no TCS?  I-racing is not for noobs.  GT is.  Big difference.

Having an individual choice (and once and done for each car BTW) is better from that perspective.  It would suck for someone who thought they could run with no TCS on a Corvette to be as bold about an LMP car, for instance.

Really, sometimes I forget to disable TCS on a new car, and it sucks.  But I don't find my self terribly burdened by having to do so.  That's just been my experience...

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2014, 02:59:37 PM »

From what I've seen, GT6 is the same as GT5, in which all cars' traction control is default on 5. Now, once I've changed any car to zero, it stays zero for that car.

New, undriven car  = got to turn off TC. Been like that for the past two game, maybe even prologue to.

Now that I think about it, GT4 had a default driving aid set, that had to be turned down for every undriven car. Once changed, it was maintain for that car.

Being able to just change it once, and having it apply across the board would be nice, but you may have a car or two that you run some TC on.  :-\

Nicely explained.  If you save a car with TCS 1 because that's what you need for that car, a global setting would reset it to 0 or 5 or whatever.  You actually want TCS as a separate car thing like tuning the brake balance.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2014, 04:18:16 PM »

While not a problem, so to speak, and not even online, I hate the fact that there is an automatic replay after EVERY offline race.  WTH?

It's annoying, but purposeful.  IRL TCS is tied to each specific car, and between cars they don't talk to each other to figure out who is driving, so you have to turn off TCS in each car you drive.  They are apparently, (and I agree it's annoying) trying to simulate that.

Sorry Ex, I don't buy that at all.  I've owned six cars.  I have never had to turn off traction control on any of them.

Umm... I wasn't saying that at all.  I was talking about sports cars.  The fact that PD applied it to everything was not the point.  The point is to describe what the obvious thinking process was based on the facts we have available.  I said nothing of the merit of having TCS on all cars in GT.  I described the thought process they obviously went through to make the decision that it should be an individual car setting.  I also said nothing of the merit of that decision.

How likely do you think it is that PD did not do things as I described, based on the fact that ALL other driver aids are global except TCS?  Do you not think they might have recognized the fact that a car with 500hp with no TCS might behave a lot different than one with 300hp and no TCS?  I-racing is not for noobs.  GT is.  Big difference.

Having an individual choice (and once and done for each car BTW) is better from that perspective.  It would suck for someone who thought they could run with no TCS on a Corvette to be as bold about an LMP car, for instance.

Really, sometimes I forget to disable TCS on a new car, and it sucks.  But I don't find my self terribly burdened by having to do so.  That's just been my experience...

I really don't know what you are trying to say.  It would be incredibly easy to be able to set a global default that you can over ride for each car.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2014, 09:36:49 AM »

I really don't know what you are trying to say.  It would be incredibly easy to be able to set a global default that you can over ride for each car.

PD wants it that way, and it mimicks real life.  What you suggest doesn't, but the merit of your suggestion is not in question.  The point was to describe what the obvious thinking process was on the decision that was made.

Stating "this is why I think they did this" has nothing to do with "this is why it should be this way, and your way is wrong".  I was saying the former, and you seemed to read it as the latter".

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2014, 11:51:15 AM »

PD wants it that way, and it mimicks real life.  What you suggest doesn't, but the merit of your suggestion is not in question.  The point was to describe what the obvious thinking process was on the decision that was made.

Stating "this is why I think they did this" has nothing to do with "this is why it should be this way, and your way is wrong".  I was saying the former, and you seemed to read it as the latter".

But it doesn't mimick real life.  Most of these cars don't have traction control to begin with.  The vast majority of those that do (if not all) don't have 10 different levels of traction control.  Be careful of saying things like "obvious thinking process"  You're only guessing.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2014, 01:04:31 PM »

They need to apply as they do with everything in GT, a "homogenizing" effect to all cars.  If they do TCS, they want to do it the same for everything .  Same with ASM (most cars don't have it), and ABS (cars before a certain year shouldn't have it, and some after).

To me, it is completely obvious that the way they apply homogenization to other aspects of GT is also being done here with the TCS on/off.

You are also obfiscating by moving us to takling about a different topic.  We're not discussing whether the inclusion of TCS to all cars in a uniform manner is accurate for all vehicles based on whether they have TCS in the first place.  We're discussing whether the On/Off value is unique to each car, and after finding out that it is, talking about why it is.  The pattern is very conclusive, to the point that it's not just "guessing".

Here's the logic:
Because we know that ABS, TCS, and ASM are not on all vehicles but PD has included them on all of them anyway, thereby homogenizing the experience across all cars, it stands to sound reason that when they give all of them a 10 level adjustment for the feature, that it is also because of their desire to homogenize the experience.  Then, when you look at the fact that the TCS setting for each car is remembered for the car itself and not a global setting, that fits with the real-life effect that you do not have a "global" setting in your person, that somehow communicates with every car you touch that (if it has TCS) it should turn off when it senses your presence.

So, it's two-fold.  1, PD wants to include a setting that is applied to all cars the same way, for ease of programming, and so the users across all skill levels start out easy (with TCS ON) and have a homogenized experience when they touch the game.  2, it is so that PD can make sure that a user who thinks he doesn't need TCS for a lower powered car wouldn't be thrown into a situation where he jumps into a high powered car and has difficulty.  PD likes to hold the user's hand and help the newer drivers progress.  Making you deliberately turn off TCS accomplishes that.  It's not guessing.  IT's a theory supported by ALL of the evidence.

On the 10-level incremental adjustment for TCS on cars that may not have 10, I think you may be forgetting something that I assume you hold dear, and is in your PSN and Tuna name -- that having something on "10" or  heck, even "11" means nothing.  The level of TCS has nothing to do with the arbitrary number chosen to represent it.  If one car has only an on/off setting for TCS, and PD gives it 10, it doesn't mean it would be 10 times greater than real life, just that they split it into 10 increments so that the user again, has a homogenized experience across all cars.  The authenticity of the incremental choice vs only an on/off choice is again, apparently homogenized for us intentionally.

But but... this one goes to eleven!

Honestly Doc,  the fact that I need to explain, re-explain, and then defend my positions so much with you leads me to believe that you, at least a little bit, enjoy being intellectually combative with me.  As far as being "careful" about assumptions goes... I'd hope that you are careful enough not to assume anything about someone based on the fact they don't have any letters after their name, which I don't.

With respect, and yes, a little frustration,

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2014, 01:56:14 PM »

Let's get back on topic in here!   :P

PSN ID = dawson864

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna