• March 29, 2024, 12:45:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Linked Events

• CiaY Modern Trans Am: April 04, 2014
  • CiaY Modern Trans Am: April 11, 2014
  • CiaY Modern Trans Am: April 18, 2014
  • CiaY Modern Trans Am: April 25, 2014
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: April Modern Trans Am  (Read 7038 times)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
April Modern Trans Am
« on: February 25, 2014, 08:47:17 PM »

April will be Modern Trans Am Series

Cars: Chevy Camaro TC and SRT Challenger TC. Once you race in a car that is your choice for the entire season
Specs: 590pp, 690 HP, 1260 kilos, racing hard tires

Tracks
April 4 HSR reverse & HSR forward 20 laps for both races
April 11 Daytona Road Course & Daytona Superspeedway
April 18 Monza with chicane & Monza without chicane
April 25 LaSarthe Track(2013) time will be 4:20 with time multiplier set to 5, 7 laps

all lap counts to be determined

Only available aid is ABS.
Tire wear is set to fast so be prepared and keep an eye on that fuel gauge.

Points for Q will be 1 point for yourself plus 1 point for everyone you are faster than. In a field of ten the fastest qualifier would get ten points with the slowest getting just one point. But the grid itself will be reversed. We should see much more racing this way.

Points for racing are 2 points for your spot plus two points for each person finishing behind you, using the field of ten again the winner would get twenty points, second would get eighteen working on down til you finish with last place getting two points.

As has been the practice for CiaY room opens at 9:00 eastern in my lounge on Friday nights. Q kicks off at 9:30. Most nights all is wrapped up by 11:00.

CiaY Season 4 Points
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 06:44:41 AM by BakedTuna »

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
Re: April
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 04:05:56 PM »

Good luck and prosper!  ;D

Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 06:07:40 PM »

Good luck and prosper!  ;D

good luck Baked..... is this good news from the work front?
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 06:51:56 PM »

:stoopid:  :stoopid:
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 09:37:45 AM »

Where you moving from?

And where you moving to?

Good luck with that move!

PSN ID = dawson864

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 09:18:04 PM »

The move is on a hold, as we got deeper into everything it was clear both my business contact and my personal contact had differing moral ideas than myself. Different enough that I don't want my family around such things. So I am back to where I started.

Now enough with the real life depressing bullshit.
Good news is I will be hosting for the foreseeable future.
On to cyber life bullshit

As your third season is winding down your agent in the Career in a Year sent you an email the other day saying the deal fell through for your Porsche Supercup ride for next year. That is some tough luck but you're just going into your fourth year and with your talents something will turn up. He is looking into a few other options one with a team running an older RX-7 and another is the one make Ferrari series. He tells you don't worry about it he will make sure you have a ride when the season gets here.

He added a P.S. at the end and asked if you would be interested in a new series in the works for a modern day Trans Am series. Apparently Dodge and Chevy have already committed to the series. Ford is trying to see if there is room in the budget, but a change in their fiscal planning has left them looking like they will wait til the second year to have a factory team. The racing organization is trying to work out something as it would help all involved to see the big three all involved from the start. Possible solutions may include allowing privateer teams to run Mustangs maybe receiving tech support from the factory with possible financial backing from regional Ford dealers.

Proposed stops along the way for the series included Indy, Daytona, High Speed Ring, Monza and LaSarthe. Other details are still scarce but the full announcement is expected within days.

He reassures you he is working hard to get a deal done. So you should just focus on staying in shape and in practice so when the time comes you can be ready to perform.  

So now you are a bit in limbo but plan to finish this season strong in the hopes that it will help finding a ride for next year.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 09:26:16 PM by BakedTuna »

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 11:40:03 PM »

Sorry to hear that the move didn't go through.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 11:50:09 AM »

Sucks about the move.

You got my attention with the Trans Am thing.  Maybe I can move my Friday obligations to Saturday for a month and come out of semi-retirement.  :)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 06:15:27 PM »

Latest email from your agent says there is some new rumors about the Trans Am series Dodge will be represented by the SRT brand with a Challenger TC. Chevrolet will have a few teams out there campaigning Camaro TC's. Ford is definitely waiting til next year and get this their first team will be Richard Petty Motorsports with Marcos Ambrose behind the wheel of a Mustang. It is looking like this series has the backing, so he has already starting early talks with a few teams for you. And hopes to have firm offers before the end of the week.

The series itself is sounding like they want to make for a lot of tight racing moments and putting on one hell of a show for the fans. This may be a great way of developing a strong fan base in just your fourth year in professional racing. He is thinking this could be a before and after kind of season when you look back on your career when you retire.

Think it over he will be in touch.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 05:39:16 PM »

Too bad your move didn,t pan out Baked.
On the bright side..... you got your basement cleaned out  ;D
My attendance will be as usual....iffy, but will come out when I can, your evnets are fun
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 09:13:13 PM »

Press Release

We are proud to announce the inaugural season of the new Trans Am series. Cars will be the SRT Challenger TC and the Chevrolet Camaro TC. Specs for these cars are going to be 590 points and 690 HP maximums and a minimum weight of 1260 kilos.

Being our first season at bringing back this revered series will see us going around the world for a total of seven races. With a doubleheader planned for HSR, Monza and Daytona. Each stop will have us running two different versions of the facilities.  While the finale will be at LaSarthe.

While not getting to deep into all the rules each race will have a qualifying session and then the grid is set in reverse order with fastest at the back. The first 6 races will be approximately 22 to 24 minutes long. With the finale being a 35 minute double points race.

Points are going to be awarded for both qualifying and for the race. More on this when the time comes for the competitors to be prepared for the season.

We are hoping this format will be exciting for fans and drivers alike and we can do the original series proud. 

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 09:21:55 PM »

Your agent sends you a text to ask if you have seen the press release about the new series because he has some great news about it and you. When you tell him yes you saw it he says he has a deal worked out with either manufacturer with the terms of the contracts so close it does not matter. So it is all up to you to just choose which car you like better then. So get some seat time in both cars and make your choice. Things are starting to really take shape for your career and this is the next step up the ladder.

For those who are not wanting to play along with all the reading look to OP for simpler format of what is coming next month.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 09:45:35 PM by BakedTuna »

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: April Modern Trans Am
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2014, 09:32:56 PM »

April will be Modern Trans Am Series

Cars: Chevy Camaro TC and SRT Challenger TC. Once you race in a car that is your choice for the entire season
Specs: 590pp, 690 HP, 1260 kilos, racing hard tires

Tracks
April 4 HSR reverse & HSR forward 20 laps for both races
April 11 Daytona Road Course & Daytona Superspeedway
April 18 Monza with chicane & Monza without chicane
April 25 LaSarthe Track time will be 4:20 with time multiplier set to 5, 7 laps

all lap counts to be determined

Only available aid is ABS.
Tire wear is set to fast so be prepared and keep an eye on that fuel gauge.

Points for Q will be 1 point for yourself plus 1 point for everyone you are faster than. In a field of ten the fastest qualifier would get ten points with the slowest getting just one point. But the grid itself will be reversed. We should see much more racing this way.

Points for racing are 2 points for your spot plus two points for each person finishing behind you, using the field of ten again the winner would get twenty points, second would get eighteen working on down til you finish with last place getting two points.

As has been the practice for CiaY room opens at 9:00 eastern in my lounge on Friday nights. Q kicks off at 9:30. Most nights all is wrapped up by 11:00.

CiaY Season 4 Points

Note the tire wear in red.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2014, 03:22:09 PM »

Whats all this fuss about a car in your ear?

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2014, 09:44:02 PM »

We had a thin crowd with series regulars Mondo, Feldynn and Wiz being notably MIA and semi regular nosoks was absent as well. First race had 7 and was loaded with a room full of puckered cheeks, These things can be a handful.

Race two we lost Dude and Brindle but the remaining 5 ran a challenging race.

Points are updated here

CiaY Season 4 Points

Next week is DRC & DSS, the Challenger will be a BEAST on DSS. dlrws6 will be looking for a few folks to c'mon on out and run with his Challenger.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 09:59:41 PM by BakedTuna »
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up