• April 28, 2024, 08:00:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: DRUNK DRIVING- Deal with it  (Read 21473 times)

Biebs74

• SkipJack Tuna
Re: DRUNK DRIVING- Deal with it
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2014, 06:49:20 PM »

Somehow the subject of BJs came up and someone said something about getting one while playing video games. I suggested we coin a name for getting a BJ whilst gaming and a few ideas where thrown around, someone said "up, down, up, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start". While this drew lots of laughter we decided it was too long, so instead we decided it should be called the "Contra". 

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2014, 07:40:22 PM »

Somehow the subject of BJs came up and someone said something about getting one while playing video games. I suggested we coin a name for getting a BJ whilst gaming and a few ideas where thrown around, someone said "up, down, up, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start". While this drew lots of laughter we decided it was too long, so instead we decided it should be called the "Contra". 

Why yes, of course. Never could have guessed that, but.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2014, 08:14:49 PM »

I take offence to the fact you won't share your obscene discovery. 

LOL and  :stoopid:

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #93 on: October 13, 2014, 10:23:35 AM »

If I remember to do so, we will be running a friends only DD this Saturday.

I need a break from things.  Like, giving the speech out to each new racer. 

We have had full rooms the past few weeks and most of  the racers are already on my friends list. 

I'll say this once again.  I cannot police the entire event.  I will not sit and watch people race, waiting to point out errors.  I hate the fact that Trendy has left the  room the past 2 weeks for being run off the track.   this disturbs me to no end.  This means I am NOT doing my job and others are not following the one damn rule.

Let's see how friends act together this weekend.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #94 on: October 13, 2014, 11:57:20 AM »

Sounds good. I was too tired on Saturday to get online. I'll rest up during the week and look forward to a friends only drunk fest.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #95 on: October 13, 2014, 05:44:53 PM »

awesome, I'm usually more stable(connectionwise) in a friends only room. I'll try to sneak in before its busy
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

Biebs74

• SkipJack Tuna
« Reply #96 on: October 13, 2014, 11:23:11 PM »

If I remember to do so, we will be running a friends only DD this Saturday.

I need a break from things.  Like, giving the speech out to each new racer. 

We have had full rooms the past few weeks and most of  the racers are already on my friends list. 

I'll say this once again.  I cannot police the entire event.  I will not sit and watch people race, waiting to point out errors.  I hate the fact that Trendy has left the  room the past 2 weeks for being run off the track.   this disturbs me to no end.  This means I am NOT doing my job and others are not following the one damn rule.

Let's see how friends act together this weekend.
First off, don't be so hard on yourself, you do a fantastic job as host. We were discussing this earlier tonight as a matter of fact.

I was chatting with Trendy and a bunch of the guys tonight, and I think that going to friends only is a good idea. Not only has the room been full to the point of having someone new pop in as soon as a spot is open, but it's also been full of mostly friends anyway.

I was also upset to see Trendy go and I went through all of the replays I saved Saturday night (I hope to get some photos uploaded at some point) just to see if I noticed any major issues with any drivers. I did notice a couple instances of lag issues where the driver lagging didn't know and ended up causing a wreck at the first turn, I know it's a pain in the arse, but the easiest solution for that is to do a quick driver count before each start-anyone who has less than the total should back out and try leaving the room and coming back.

This part I feel needs a disclaimer 
I am not the type of person to talk behind anyone's back, if I ever have an issue I would handle it with the person directly and privately. That being said, and after watching replays, I think that Klicker needs to go. I have had a few issues on track with him (at least once or twice per race night) and I have brought them up with him, but he still does the same things: making passes at the expense of the lead cars drive line (in situations where the lead car is clearly in the lead and has the line), going off the track and re-entering unsafely in traffic, backing up into traffic after a spin instead of waiting until clear, and of course knocking people off track and not stopping or apologizing (Which is who took Trendy out at Willow Springs). We all know about his loud mic also!!!

Trendy and I both talked about this earlier and we both have removed him from our friends list. As I said before, I have addressed my issues with Klicker directly, on too many occasions now. I am a humble guy, far from perfect and I make my fair share of mistakes, and I believe in giving everyone at least a second chance,, but in this case I do believe this would resolve a lot of the issues on track.

On a lighter note, I planned on getting on yesterday to say what a great time we had Saturday night, but we kept the drunk room going til 5:30am EST and I didn't get much of anything done. I woke up in time to see the Steelers get trounced and went back to bed, lol. Other than Trendy getting run off, which absolutely did suck, it was a really fun night with some good racing throughout. If everyone just remembers to go a little easy through the first few turns, they'll see how much more fun the rest of the race will be for everyone. We've all seen that you can have some really great battles with a full room without even being in contention for the lead. I remember reading through the old posts that you used to do friends only and now that it's getting colder out and more people are on I think this is definitely the way to go. This room is what it is because you're a great host!

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2014, 11:33:52 AM »

Biebs,
I agree about Klicker.  I agree with everything you said.  Screaming babies at 11:00pm ::). Plus, you are right, he will not or does not listen to what he has been told. Repeatedly!

I will be removing him from my friends list as well.  Not what I want to do, but it's what happens when you don't play nice.

Thanks for the kind words.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2014, 11:54:06 AM »

Biebs,
I agree about Klicker.  I agree with everything you said.  Screaming babies at 11:00pm ::). Plus, you are right, he will not or does not listen to what he has been told. Repeatedly!

I will be removing him from my friends list as well.  Not what I want to do, but it's what happens when you don't play nice.

Thanks for the kind words.

:stoopid:

Biebs74

• SkipJack Tuna
« Reply #99 on: October 14, 2014, 01:01:07 PM »

Dude, I saw him put you into the wall before the straight at Bathurst on Friday night, and then you left the room after the race. I just assumed that was why you left :( I sat out the Bathurst race b/c of him specifically and I know that wasn't the only time in that race he got into you. Kudos to you for handling it better than I would have, lol, you just said "thanks for the race" and left.

I am with you, I don't like handling anyone that way, but it's just like bathing: unfortunately we have to do it sometimes 

I have such a great time in the DD room, and like you guys, I just want everyone else to have the same great time.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #100 on: October 14, 2014, 02:30:49 PM »

^ I don't recall LOL, I wonder if that was @ your Happy Hour before Boston fired his room up?

Biebs74

• SkipJack Tuna
« Reply #101 on: October 14, 2014, 04:01:28 PM »

^ I don't recall LOL, I wonder if that was @ your Happy Hour before Boston fired his room up?
Yeah that happened Friday night, Trendy usually hosts a Friday night drinking room :)

TrendyTuna

• SkipJack Tuna
« Reply #102 on: October 14, 2014, 10:26:35 PM »

"First off, don't be so hard on yourself, you do a fantastic job as host."

What Biebs said.

You do a great job, Boston. I model my FriNite Drunks room after yours and part of the success of FriNite Drunks is because of you.

I also agree about Klicker. I have told him many times about his Mike and his racing and he comes back the next week and does it all over again. I hated kicking him from my friends list, but it will be for the best for all of us.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #103 on: October 14, 2014, 10:50:08 PM »

good looking avatar Trendy  8)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #104 on: October 16, 2014, 09:35:39 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Up