SupaTunaGT

• April 25, 2024, 01:20:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down

Author Topic: rFactor 2  (Read 23456 times)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: rFactor 2
« Reply #180 on: November 17, 2015, 08:40:06 PM »

I'm a little out of the loop in regards to rf2 now, especially the Steam version.

Quick round of research tells me you have to "Subscribe" to content in the Steam Workshop.  When you subscribe, the content downloads to your rf2 folders and then should be usable.  There are also user created mods in the Steam Workshop, so to guarantee that you're getting content made by ISI, only subscribe to content marked as such (XXX car/track by Image Space Inc.)

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=365960&browsesort=trend&section=readytouseitems

Hope this helps. :)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #181 on: November 17, 2015, 08:42:56 PM »

My first thoughts on that system is that it sounds like a complete pain in the ass.  The only positive I can think of is that every time that each piece of content is updated, it should automatically update/install.  ISI likes to update only certain cars/tracks at random times, so for them this isn't a bad system.  Just a bit of a nuisance at first.

PeyePete

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #182 on: November 17, 2015, 10:22:44 PM »

I'm a little out of the loop in regards to rf2 now, especially the Steam version.

Quick round of research tells me you have to "Subscribe" to content in the Steam Workshop.  When you subscribe, the content downloads to your rf2 folders and then should be usable.  There are also user created mods in the Steam Workshop, so to guarantee that you're getting content made by ISI, only subscribe to content marked as such (XXX car/track by Image Space Inc.)

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=365960&browsesort=trend&section=readytouseitems

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks Wiz, worked like a charm..... up and running.

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #183 on: November 18, 2015, 12:03:24 AM »

This game is so frustrating.  It does some things so amazingly well and other things are complete crap. 

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #184 on: January 19, 2016, 08:13:24 AM »

So I reinstalled this game last night after not playing for about a year.  The main reason was that I was hearing good things about the Enduracers Flat6 mod and I wanted to check it out.  Well everyone was right, what a great car!

http://www.enduracers.com/flat6rf2.html

I ran a 10 lapper against the AI at Barber Motorsports Park (one of my favorite tracks ever) and had an absolute blast.  All the other devs could learn a thing or two studying ISI's AI, it's the best around in my opinion.

Brindle

« Reply #185 on: January 19, 2016, 02:43:21 PM »

Now I see why you race AI often...  You win!    :P
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up