• April 23, 2024, 09:39:29 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Iracing  (Read 45640 times)

Lonestar

• Yellowfin Tuna
Re: Iracing
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2011, 05:58:06 PM »

Can Dale Jr. win in computer racing?

His stats show he wins about half his races in the pro sprint cup series. There are some others that run it too.

Lonestar

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2011, 12:16:44 PM »

Well after a summer of iracing I dont think I can go back to racing gt5 or any console racing games again. The racing is great, the community is top notch and very helpful in setting your cars up properly. There is such a fine line between a good car and one that is fast and chews up tires. Ill probably hop on gt5 from time to time but cant see myself doing to much. If anyone has a pc to run it I strongly suggest you give the three month trial a go. You wont regret it.

Rated-M3

• Yellowfin Tuna
  • Because race car
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2011, 09:03:44 PM »

Once I have more time, I plan to get a subscription just because they have the three tracks that are closest to me.  VIR, Summit Point, & NJ Motorsports Park.  They just need to get a BMW in there and I'm bought.  Though, I only plan to use it for practicing laps, don't know if I want to get into the online racing.  Sucks that I can't just get the software without paying for the online services.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2011, 01:28:04 PM »

One of our friends that we rarely see anymore is now hooked on iRacing.  Spec has been doing it for a couple months and he's hooked.  If I remember ride, he said GT5 felt 'arcadey' after playing them both back to back.  Biggest thing he misses is the camaraderie he had with this game.

Don't forget, next week we'll be able to see him, Gar, Z06fun and El_Zissou on the GT Academy thing.

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2011, 01:32:18 PM »

And IRacing has Spa.  That's almost enough reason to get it right there.  I was quite disappointed that GT5 didn't have Spa. 

Lonestar

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2011, 12:52:51 PM »

The game is expensive. Its about 100 a year if you buy the year up front and 14.95 for extra tracks and 11.95 per car. Well worth it in my opinion. I have wasted a lot of money in the past buying games like nascar the game(worst game I have ever played) f1 and so on. At 60 bucks a ps3 pr 360 title it is well worth it to have a solid game that is always a work in progress with new content always in the pipeline

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2011, 05:59:58 PM »

iRacing. Yes. I love it. The biggest thing that stands out to me with iRacing is no cheese-ball draft. You can race MX-5's with a .60 gap for laps on end and not have a guarantee that the guy behind you will fly by on the next straight. You earn the pass.

I tried like hell not to spend to much, but a month and a half in I now own Road Atlanta, Sebring, Spa, and some neat cars.

"Spa is so choice.......if you have the means I highly recommend it." Ferris Bueller

PS: Gar joined up last night too. It was fun cutting up Lime Rock with him. If you have a pc it's worth a 3 month trial. Just give it a chance, it's very different to GT5 and can get frustrating if you don't give it time.

:)

Lonestar

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2011, 06:16:12 PM »

iRacing. Yes. I love it. The biggest thing that stands out to me with iRacing is no cheese-ball draft. You can race MX-5's with a .60 gap for laps on end and not have a guarantee that the guy behind you will fly by on the next straight. You earn the pass.

I tried like hell not to spend to much, but a month and a half in I now own Road Atlanta, Sebring, Spa, and some neat cars.

"Spa is so choice.......if you have the means I highly recommend it." Ferris Bueller

PS: Gar joined up last night too. It was fun cutting up Lime Rock with him. If you have a pc it's worth a 3 month trial. Just give it a chance, it's very different to GT5 and can get frustrating if you don't give it time.

I couldnt agree more. I am a class b license with oval but still a D on road. I plan on getting that up so I can race those C6r's. Have you seen the F1 iracing championship series? Those guys are absolutely amazing

Lonestar

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2011, 06:46:42 PM »

Black Friday sale on iracing. 1 year for $49.

http://www.iracing.com/black-friday/

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2012, 06:58:00 PM »

I couldnt agree more. I am a class b license with oval but still a D on road. I plan on getting that up so I can race those C6r's. Have you seen the F1 iracing championship series? Those guys are absolutely amazing

Lonestar, what is your real name? I'll look you up on iRacing. I've been focusing a lot on the Mustang series, if you like great sounding semi-fast cars with plastic tires, then you should give it a try.

I'm John Wilding, look me up and shoot me a pm.

Cheers!

PS: Anyone still curious and thinking of joining?

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2012, 07:12:12 PM »

Lonestar, what is your real name? I'll look you up on iRacing. I've been focusing a lot on the Mustang series, if you like great sounding semi-fast cars with plastic tires, then you should give it a try.

Cheers!

As seen on tv!  :D

Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2012, 09:02:21 PM »

Cheers!

DOH!! I keep forgetting that. It's funny having to tell people your real name.  :jimi:

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2012, 09:37:13 PM »

Cheers!

DOH!! I keep forgetting that. It's funny having to tell people your real name.  :jimi:

Doesn't matter, I'm never going to use it.   :D

Metal

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • LeMans & F1 :P
    • HUGS Gaming Community
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2012, 01:19:05 AM »

i'm on there...but i don't have a computer that can run it any longer, but i'm hoping to build a rig over the next few months. anyone know of any cheap-ass awesome computers? lol

Is this thing on?
my gt profile: http://www.mygranturismo.net/33187
Youtube Channel: http://youtube.com/powermettle1520

Metal

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • LeMans & F1 :P
    • HUGS Gaming Community
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2012, 08:55:18 AM »

So i got this running on my laptop....at a whopping 20 FPS on the lowest graphics settings LOL. it felt soo good to be running that game again, i think i'm gonna put in a lot of time in the riley prototype :)

Is this thing on?
my gt profile: http://www.mygranturismo.net/33187
Youtube Channel: http://youtube.com/powermettle1520
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32   Go Up