• April 20, 2024, 06:50:21 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Iracing  (Read 45628 times)

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Iracing
« Reply #420 on: April 24, 2013, 03:54:23 PM »

I was going to try and do a design based on this little fellow (image, color scheme, etc):

or perhaps the header image on this forum. I definitely liked the UCann memorial on Feld's car. I'd like to do a black band kind of thing ... all when I have time.

More info on iRacing leagues:

http://www.iracing.com/leagues/leagues.php
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #421 on: May 10, 2013, 02:27:07 PM »

I've been selected as a Beta tester for iRacing on the Mac. Currently downloading the updates. In a few moments, I'll be running it Windows free!!!

:o
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #422 on: July 02, 2013, 11:04:20 AM »

I still have a three month free code for iRacing if anyone is interested.  It might have expired by now but it is worth a shot if anyone wants to try it.  It's a good deal now that the Caddy promo is gone.

no_affiliations

• Longtail Tuna
« Reply #423 on: July 03, 2013, 08:46:53 AM »

I'm very interested, if no one else takes the bait.. I've been meaning to check it out, but I need to make some money digital first.

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #424 on: July 03, 2013, 09:20:59 AM »

I'm very interested, if no one else takes the bait.. I've been meaning to check it out, but I need to make some money digital first.

Sorry, I gave it away to someone on the planet.

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #425 on: July 10, 2013, 12:05:48 AM »

You can get a two month free code here: http://www.iracing.com/playseat/

no_affiliations

• Longtail Tuna
« Reply #426 on: July 10, 2013, 07:15:22 AM »

Thank you!

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #427 on: July 24, 2013, 11:07:23 AM »

Some highlights of the latest iRacing build (Montreal is Awesome!):

The highly anticipated Lotus 49 is now available for purchase.

Circuit Gilles Villeneuve is now available for purchase! This historic Formula 1 and
NASCAR track is the second Canadian track to join iRacing.

Long Beach is now available for purchase as a Tech Track – tech tracks areworks in
progress that are 100% drivable but do not have complete artwork.

Reference car – a visual representation of your best lap for you to race against while practicing
or running Time Trials.

Changeable Weather – you can select temperature, humidity, fog level and wind
speed/direction in hosted sessions.

Night Racing is now available at South Boston Speedway and Lanier National Speedway

A Figure 8 configuration has been added to Toyota Speedway at Irwindale
And so much more. Check out the full release notes on the member site for more details.

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #428 on: July 24, 2013, 07:39:23 PM »

The new version of the tire model (NTMv5) is on a few cars, the new lotus, the skippy and the street stock.  The skippy is seriously good.  Better than rFactor2.  It actually drives like a car meant to teach people how to race.  Slides are much easier to catch.  The FFB is much better.  A lot of fun to drive.  I can't wait until the rest of the cars get the new tire model.

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #429 on: July 25, 2013, 09:29:03 AM »

GT11 Academy Evnet

Not Gran Turismo and not 2011.  This is the Goes Tuna 11 Academy and I'm not going to teach you anything (probably).  In fact, I suspect that I will be the only one doing the evnet.  This is more a tool for me to commit to three iRacing races for 2013 season 3 and to learn how to tune and heel toe shift.

Car: Skip Barber Formula 2000
Tracks: 
      Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
      Road Atlanta
      Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace

Dates:    
      Montreal: 2013-9-3 to 2013-9-9
      Road Atlanta: 2013-9-24 to 2013-9-31
      Interlagos: 2013-10-15 to 2013-10-21

Each week will consist of a Timetrial competition as well as a race.  Timetrials can be run throughout the week under the official Skip Barber series.  If at least four people commit to racing, I would be willing to host a room on a Friday or Saturday night for the race.  Otherwise the race will be during an official race session.  If at least four people commit to race on the final week, there will be a prize of not 10 but 11 iRacing dollars that will go to the winner of the race.  If four people do not commit to the race but four people do put in timetrial times, the money will go to the winner of the timetrial.

Rules: typical online rules apply.  Even though I will be going with no aids including no autoclutch and no autoblip, no restrictions will be applied to aids.  I ask that you do not use the select gear/clutch glitch.  I reserve the right to change or clarify rules as needed.

Notes:  You will need a d-license to participate fully.  If we have enough people that I can host a room, you won't need a d-license for the race.  However the d-license is one past rookie so everyone here would be able to fast track to D within a couple of weeks.  Four tops.  I'm sorry about the car and track selection.  None of the free track/car combos excited me for the coming season.  I had orignally planned this for the Mustang but after reading the Skippy got the new version of the tire model this build, I had to give it a try.  It was so good that I had to switch to the skippy. 

I'm going to be using iSpeed and other telemetry programs to help me learn the tracks and how to tune.  If anyone joins in, we can compare notes and help each other.  Having about 3 per month allows lots of time to learn the tracks and play with the tuning.  What you learn about tuning and telemetry here should help you out with any other sims.

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #430 on: July 25, 2013, 12:21:47 PM »

Some notes on the skippy.  The skippy is equipped with a sequential gearshift.  In sim you don't have to clutch to upshift but you do have to ease off on the throttle.  I thought that I read somewhere that in real life they heel toe shift in the car.  In sim, you just have to blip the throttle.  This makes the car pretty easy to go without any aids.  Not as easy as a car with autoclutch and autoblip like the McLaren but still pretty easy.

Some notes on heel-toe shifting.  I've been wanting to learn heel toe shifting for a while but always chickened out.  The gated shifter on my G25 would often misshift into 2rd and the pedals were too far apart to get my foot on both pedals without some serious twisting.  I was also worried about not being able to do it properly and being horribly uncompetitive.  I finally decided to try it out.  I set up my csps so that the brake and gas were as close as possible and took out the mustang in iRacing.  Sure enough, I sucked really really bad at first.  It didn't actually take that long until I could do it without blowing a shift or the corner completely.  The next session I tried again and sucked at first again but quickly got things going.  When I started with the skippy, it took a few minutes to get used to clutching with the sequential shifter but I was soon up to speed.  My braking still isn't as efficient as it could be but I'm not getting horrible lap times.  The main secret is that it isn't really heel-toe shifting but toe-toe shifting.  You break with the left side of your right foot and blip the throttle with the right side of your right foot.

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #431 on: July 30, 2013, 03:07:41 PM »

It appears that every season, there is some sort of contest at iRacing.  This season you can win a Obutto Ozone and Buttkicker Gamer2 from Main Performance PC.  All you need to do is put the Main Performance PC as the main logo on your car and race at least 10 official races in the upcoming season.  You can also get 2 months of iRacing free from the same contest: http://www.iracing.com/main-pc/

I'll sometimes use the street stock races to qualify for contests.  They only run on two different tracks and I'm not too concerned about my Oval iRating or SR.  It is pretty easy to whip out 10 races in a couple of weeks without putting too much time in.  They are also kind of fun.

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #432 on: July 30, 2013, 03:26:23 PM »

Another contest.  This time for a Fanatec clubsport package.  This includes the Clubsport base, formula rim, clubsport pedals v2, and the new clubsport shifter SQ (i guess that's the sequential one).  The picture on the website shows the GT rim as well but it isn't mentioned in the text.  Same drill, put the Fanatec logo as your primary logo and run 10 races in season 2.  That's a great prize probably worth about $1000.  http://www.iracing.com/fanatec/

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #433 on: August 13, 2013, 01:57:55 PM »

I've been running the street stock oval series trying to get enough races to qualify for the contests.  I suck at ovals in GT5 and I suck at ovals in iRacing so they are both similar that way.  Other than that, they are quite different.  The draft in iRacing is much less.  On a superspeedway, 3-4 cars working together is definitely faster but your not going to catapult past people.  Even passing in the draft is difficult.

As I said, I'm pretty slow at ovals so even if I qualify, i end up starting near the back of the grid.  Usually the second to last row.  Despite that, I'm pretty good at avoiding wrecks so I often finish in the top half of the race.  Because of that my iRating is high enough that I get into the top split with the faster guys (and girls) most of the time.  So I'm in no danger of winning a race anytime soon.

I had a really fun race last night.  I started in the second to last row as usual.  I managed to avoid a couple of early wrecks.  I even had one car spin over top of me.  I'll have to find some video of that.  Four of us settled in the middle of the pack flying around Charlotte superspeedway.  There were a few passes back and forth.  At one point I ended up at the back of our group.  We slowly reeled in one other racer until we had five guys flying around the track.  I managed to work my way back up to third in the group before the finish (8st overall).  At the finish line there was less than 0.5s between the five of us.

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #434 on: August 26, 2013, 11:59:25 PM »

There is a sale on credits right now until Aug31.  You can get $100 in credits for $75 or $25 for $20 (or both (I think)).  You can use that for cars, tracks, hosting, or renewals.  Content doesn't often go on sale.  With the $100 you can buy the tracks and car for GT11 Academy whoohooo!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Up