SupaTunaGT

• March 28, 2024, 06:36:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Iracing  (Read 45514 times)

Lonestar

• Yellowfin Tuna
Iracing
« on: April 26, 2011, 07:51:02 PM »

InfiniTuna

• Bigeye Tuna
  • Always stay true to yourself.
Re: Iracing
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 09:23:46 PM »

Is that's an actual replay from iRacing?  Very cool.  That looks incredibly real.

Lonestar

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 08:12:23 PM »

Yea they have actual iracing sanctioned series and races.

Lonestar

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 08:15:59 PM »

Lonestar

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 08:20:38 PM »

This one oughta make some blood boil

Gran Turismo 5 vs. iRacing side-by-side comparison

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 06:49:45 AM »

This one oughta make some blood boil

Why?

Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

TunaRag

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Albacore Tuna
  • Sloganizing since 2006
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 07:12:53 AM »

whoever made that video claims that the closest match in cars he could make was a 370Z with a Ford Falcon.

Close match in what way? I can't think of many cars that are even more different from each other. Specially considering that GT5 has a Ford Falcon V8 Supercar too.

erikgolson

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Albacore Tuna
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 11:35:06 PM »

I was really hoping GT5 would take more from iracing.  They really did alot of stuff right in making that sim.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 05:31:44 AM »

GT5 is not really a proper SIM. I doubt any GT title ever will be a proper SIM. I think that's why it's so popular. It has some qualities of a SIM, but is easy enough for most people to learn to play and have fun going fast.

Are console graphics ever as good as up to date computer graphics?

GT5 isn't my favorite game because it's the best at anything, it's my favorite because it combines many good things into a racing game that allows for Fun online racing.

erikgolson

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Albacore Tuna
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 08:09:58 AM »

Yeah you are right.  The main thing I would have liked to see transfer was the online driver point type stuff.  Positive points for a good clean effort out on the track and negative points for being out of control and making contact, spinning, etc...

Console graphics will never be as good as a nice PC's graphics hardware wise, but software wise it is relative to the developer.  GT5 is the perfect example of that as it has beautiful graphics.

Lonestar

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 07:38:33 AM »

When I play GTR2 or iracing the feel of the game is so much different from gt5. I'll admit I was expecting a lot more. Steering input and the way you can feel your tires is completely different. There are some flaws in iracings safety rating but for the most part it keeps people from driving like an idiot. I only did a three month trial waiting on gt5 and it was great. Iracing is very time consuming and demanding though. Im gonna download the rfactor nascar mod this weekend and check that out. Its supposed to be really good. Hook up with sparky,shotty, or boss if you have a capable pc and want to try it out.

erikgolson

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Albacore Tuna
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 11:10:17 AM »

I think I've got a coupon for 3 months of iracing for $10  :)  You are right about time consuming though.  That is probably my biggest gripe with it.  The races are scheduled and sometimes can be distanced quite far apart.  Sometimes I want to just pick up and kill some time, but you can't do that unless you just want to run time trials.  If they were to add a single player component for times like that I would maintain the sub.

TunaRag

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Albacore Tuna
  • Sloganizing since 2006
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 05:48:16 AM »

Are console graphics ever as good as up to date computer graphics?
Well, that would strongly depend on what amount of money you're talking about and whether the screen is included or not.
At the time of it's release, you'd need to spend a lot more than €600 to have a pc capable of the same graphics as a PS3. But of course, this is granted you've already got a HD-TV in your living room. HD computer screens (which of course also work with the ps3) are smaller and less expensive.

The computer I build from carefully selected parts back in 2009 had a price tag of twice that of what my ps3 cost at it's release. In return, I indeed got graphics that could be considered better than those on a ps3. However, if I had only spend €600 on a computer back then, I wouldn't have been able to purchase that graphics card. Nor would the X58 platform have been within reach. In 2009, 3 years after the playstations release, you would not be able to get the same graphic quality for the same price (excluding screen).

However, now the ps3 is over 4 years old. The few minor setbacks it had to PC's in 2007 are now not even worth comparing. But the PS3 has also lowered in price a lot. a €300 PS3 will still provide better graphic quality in games than a €300 computer will. But it ends there. PC's in the €1000+ range now easily outperform the PS3.

What might be worth mentioning too, is that a standalone blu-ray player cost more money than the PS3 did at it's release. A Blu-Ray player for your PC also had prices approaching that of half a playstation. Another reason to have bought a ps3.

I must say that I do enjoy gaming on a playstation more than gaming on a PC for some reason. And that tears apart any performance benefit pc's might have, because what's a game worth if you can't enjoy it?

« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 05:57:02 AM by TunaRag »

Lonestar

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2011, 08:07:22 AM »

Heres a little practice video of sparky, donnie and I practicing for the street stock series

Street Stock iracing / Legit Racing League

Lonestar

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2011, 08:10:21 AM »

And yes there are still jackasses who irace as well. Luckily I was infront of this debauchery.

My Movie
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32   Go Up