SupaTunaGT

• March 29, 2024, 07:28:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: In da clutch  (Read 1347 times)

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
In da clutch
« on: April 16, 2014, 08:09:22 PM »

In an effort to maintain my interest (given my weird time zone where often NO ONE is online) I been practising the whole clutch, H shifter thing. So if you should see me in my "Chill n chune" lobby its probably what I'm doing. I've been using a 500pp ish BRZ on Ss tires. managed a whole lap at Sarthe without missing a shift and have my Nooglebooger time to under 8.30....progress is slow but steady.

As my uncle used to say... "technically, you don't let the clutch out... you let it IN"
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: In da clutch
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 08:28:08 PM »

very cool  8)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 08:35:50 PM »

"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 10:56:10 PM »

In an effort to maintain my interest (given my weird time zone where often NO ONE is online) I been practising the whole clutch, H shifter thing. So if you should see me in my "Chill n chune" lobby its probably what I'm doing. I've been using a 500pp ish BRZ on Ss tires. managed a whole lap at Sarthe without missing a shift and have my Nooglebooger time to under 8.30....progress is slow but steady.

As my uncle used to say... "technically, you don't let the clutch out... you let it IN"

Using the H-shifter is pretty fun.  I'm even slowly getting the hang of heel/toe shifting.  Someday, I'd like to try it in a real car.  I hate to think how jerky that would be.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 11:17:07 PM »

Using the H-shifter is pretty fun.  I'm even slowly getting the hang of heel/toe shifting.  Someday, I'd like to try it in a real car.  I hate to think how jerky that would be.

I think it easier in a real car and do it everyday when I drive. Weight of the pedals or something probably.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 11:20:36 PM »

heel/toe when properly mastered will help for sure. I can see that i lose a lot of time forgetting to get my foot off the brake and back on the gas. I'm sure I'll be able to find a utoob tootorial. I do notice that I'm tending to drive in a more realistic and less "gamey" fashion.
Rule #1 = Pay attention

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 12:16:10 AM »

heel/toe when properly mastered will help for sure. I can see that i lose a lot of time forgetting to get my foot off the brake and back on the gas. I'm sure I'll be able to find a utoob tootorial. I do notice that I'm tending to drive in a more realistic and less "gamey" fashion.

Somewhere on youtube there is an incredible video of a rally driver seamlessly switching between left and right foot braking and heel toeing.  That would confuse the hell out of me.  The new rally cars don't need to clutch with gear shifting so it is a little less impressive.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 12:18:19 AM »

Using the H-shifter is pretty fun.  I'm even slowly getting the hang of heel/toe shifting.  Someday, I'd like to try it in a real car.  I hate to think how jerky that would be.

I think it easier in a real car and do it everyday when I drive. Weight of the pedals or something probably.

I can't do it in my car.  Pedals are too far apart and my leg doesn't twist that way.  One more reason to get a Scooby STI.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 06:32:52 PM »

Rule #1 = Pay attention

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 05:57:16 PM »

so last night after 2 laps of Nurb without a missed shift and on the way to a sub 8 min lap I got too excited and my feet became combobulated in the last little twisty.........AAARGH 
Rule #1 = Pay attention
Pages: [1]   Go Up