SupaTunaGT

• April 18, 2024, 11:23:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Classic European Sports Cars Series Official Race Thread - Starts May 7th @ 930  (Read 10613 times)

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna

well done Pete and thanks Dawson and everyone. I had a good race (relatively speaking of course) had a few spins but the car felt better here than anywhere else so far
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna

Thanks nosoks.

Yeah, you'll probably have the car all properly sorted for the series finale! 

Was a good race last night for most.  Some tight driving and fast times.

PSN ID = dawson864

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna

Aside from a major off on the first lap and a couple of minor sandpit excursions I had a blast!  Even with the extra weight the Alfa felt pretty good there and had some decent straight line speed, I've always liked the flow of Brands Hatch too so that probably helped :).

Congrats to the podium placers!

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna

standings updated!

PSN ID = dawson864

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna

***NOTICE***

Qualifying for tomorrow's race will be 20 minutes long, so that everyone can get in 2 clean (well, hopefully clean, haha) laps.  That means you need to be present in the room by 9:10 otherwise you risk being locked out of the race.

PSN ID = dawson864

badaboya1

• The Bored of Directors
  • Yellowfin Tuna

***NOTICE***

Qualifying for tomorrow's race will be 20 minutes long, so that everyone can get in 2 clean (well, hopefully clean, haha) laps.  That means you need to be present in the room by 9:10 otherwise you risk being locked out of the race.

UPDATE ALERT!
Mine took 35 min. to download and install.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna

Thanks for that info badaboya.

Alright, I gave it a bunch of thinking last night, after the "disco disaster".  First off, this race will be rescheduled, as the finale to the series.  Assuming that server stability is restored soon then Race #7, Rome, will take place at it's normally scheduled time and date, 6/25.  And then Nurburgring will be 7/2.  If the network is still all messed up next week then both races will be bumped back a week.  HOWEVER, if there are scheduling conflicts for anyone please let me know and we can find a solution there.

For Race #7, Rome, please leave all penalty ballast amounts the same, as they were last night - no adjustments.

Finally, the matter of points.  With a disconnect there really isn't a way to be 100% fair to all but I hope my decision jives with everyone.  I'm awarding nosoks and TunaPhreak each 30 points.  nosoks was having a brilliant drive and looked to be headed towards a decisive win.  And TunaPhreak was the only person not disconnected, so in a way he won the war of attrition there and technically "won" as well.  So that is why they are getting points.  Neither is being awarded first place (50) points though, as the race was incomplete. 

So there you have it!

PSN ID = dawson864

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna

I have brought this recent spate of disconnections to PDI's attention and that usually spurs them to doing something about them.

We will see.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna

I have brought this recent spate of disconnections to PDI's attention and that usually spurs them to doing something about them.

We will see.

Thanks MGT.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna

:stoopid: Thanks for you efforts Mgt
also thx for points Dawson, look forward to getting a complete race in

Edit for rule #1 violation
I just noticed we're going round Rome reversewise, been practicing the normal way, oh well, some people are wise, some are "otherwise"
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 11:23:36 PM by nosoks »
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna

Lap count will be 37 tonight.

Also, in an effort to make the Dino's more competitive they can add back 15 hp (155 total hp).
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 11:55:09 AM by Wolfpack987 »

PSN ID = dawson864

PeyePete

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna

Lap count will be 37 tonight.

Also, in an effort to make the Dino's more competitive they can add back 10 hp (150 total hp).

Wolf, is it 10hp or 15hp, as indicated at the PS Forum.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna

15, my apologies.  I'll edit that.

PSN ID = dawson864

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna

Another solid race everyone!  Well, everyone except Numbskuld I suppose.  Sorry buddy  :P

It speaks volumes to the quality of racers we have here that there were very few car on car incidents at this track.  The carnage at the kink that claimed almost everyone was very well done in that the unfortunate individual was able to keep the track clear for other traffic.

Feldynn, Peyepete and Phreak, you guys were faaaaast.  At times some of you were behind me and it was all I could to (briefly) stay ahead, haha.  I had a lot of fun dicing it up with some extremely tight running and passing with Feldynn, Pete MastrGT and badaboya1.  Bada, I appreciated you letting me by after I ran into you (after you skidded sideways).  My heart was definitely pumping towards the end when positions seemed locked it - I kept telling myself don't fall victim to the kink now!  

It looks like this series is going to come down to the wire.  Many of us are in control of our own destiny here.  Current points standings have been posted on the first page.  However, I've already done some number crunching to show what the current standings look like after dropping everyone's worst finish (from the races we've already completed).  Here is that list:

Wolfpack987 - 222
Numbskuld   - 222
Feldynn        - 220
peyepete      - 219
badaboya1   - 216
nosoks        - 181
TunaPhreak  - 176
dmcallis        - 142
MastrGT       - 137
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 07:31:38 AM by Wolfpack987 »

PSN ID = dawson864

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna

With one race to go in a series, that has to be the tightest top 5 I've ever seen.

Well done guys.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up