SupaTunaGT

• March 28, 2024, 08:31:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Classic European Sports Cars Series Official Race Thread - Starts May 7th @ 930  (Read 10556 times)

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna

Wow, you are 100% correct.  I really feel like a horse's ass!  I'm embarrassed and am sorry, Numbskuld, for pointing a finger at you.  I apparently can't keep my years straight  :-\

Penalty revoked, and I hope that none of you view me as an incompetent series organizer at this point  ::)

Please switch to an '73 model year Alpine.  I promise that is the car I've intended for this series the entire time.

PSN ID = dawson864

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna

Make sure you log in early tonight to do the update.  Its just shy of 1 gig and although it did not take long to download the install time, at least for me, was lengthy.

NumbSkuld

• Blackfin Tuna

Please switch to an '73 model year Alpine.  I promise that is the car I've intended for this series the entire time.

No problem, it is one of those rare mistake, happens to the best of us.

Strange, I found that the '72 is a much "tighter" car to drive than the '73, more planted and not as floaty.  It seems to me that PD has completely remodeled the car for the GT6 release.  When I checked various sources (e.g. wiki), I also found that the '72 has the closest top speed to the real car (top out at ~ 120mph), which was the reason that I mentioned I would be in a heap of trouble in Nurbringring Nordschleife or other high speed tracks.  The '73 Alpine should address this issue, just not sure if I can control the new beast since I have not practiced with the different model year.     :-\

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna

Thanks for the heads up dlrws6!  Will do.

Numb, that's an interesting point.  I felt the same way when driving them back to back.  Unfortunately, I used the 1973 model (and the Europa) as the benchmark for which to equalize the other cars.  So if, for instance, I had said that I would just switch to the '72 it would probably be a bit unfair to the rest  :P  Also the '73's transmission will be better for a bunch of the tracks we'll encounter.

Shame though, that the '73 is a standard, not detailed car.

PSN ID = dawson864

NumbSkuld

• Blackfin Tuna

Shame though, that the '73 is a standard, not detailed car.

Indeed.  The interior of the '72 Alpine is beautiful.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna

I am officially withdrawing from the series.

Tonight was the straw that broke the camels back. I'm sick of these bug riddled, broken games.  I am at a loss as to why I continue to come home from an exhausting day or work only to get even more frustrated by a game that freezes, crashes and in general does not work the way it should.

Well this is long over due, as it should have happened at the release of GTsux. As of tonight I am through with Gran Turismo. There are far superior, and better functioning games I can spend my time on.

PD gets no more of my money.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna

Sorry to hear that buddy, but I understand  :(

PSN ID = dawson864

PeyePete

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna

Hi Wolf, you have me down for 50kg +25kg = 75kg, but that was my first podium.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna

Apologies, I don't know why I keep confusing the two of you! :drunk

That being said, job well done to the podium finishers, Feldynn especially!  After the first and second lap shenanigans you were untouchable up there and showed everyone your tail lights!

BTW next week's race in Monaco just happens to coincide with the F1 Gran Prix of Monaco as well.  Coincidence??  ;)

PSN ID = dawson864

NumbSkuld

• Blackfin Tuna

Hi dawson,

I probably got mixed up with another event that has ballast penalty.... Will finisher below 3rd get to drop ballast that was gained in earlier race(s)?

A suggestion to post #3:  Other than ballast gained due to the most recent race result, perhaps it will be useful to provide accumulative ballast information for any racers needing to keep the ballast on their cars for the next race?  (e.g. Adding the ballast information for Badaboya and me as well that we have gathered from race #1.)

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna

Glad you asked Numb and the answer is yes.

4th place - drop 25 kg
5th place - drop 50 kg
6th place - drop 75 kg
7th place - drop 100 kg

and so forth.  I'm sorry I wasn't more transparent about that (same system I used for my last series).

As it were the only people with ballast right now are those listed.  Numb, you had 50 kg but then finished 5th in race 2, so you subtract 50 kg and now have 0.  Bada had 25 kg from race 1 but finished 4th in race 2, thus subtracting 25 kg and back to 0.

:)

BTW, Race 3 length is 30 laps.

PSN ID = dawson864

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna

Awesome driving guys!  There was a lot of super close racing last night and I'm pretty sure that (almost) everyone had a great time!

I'm kicking myself in the ass for misjudging the timing lights at the beginning and getting ANOTHER 5 second penalty, negating any effort put forth in qualifying  :(  Still, it was fun playing catch up the whole time.

Very nice win Numbskuld!

PSN ID = dawson864

NumbSkuld

• Blackfin Tuna

Thanks dawson and everyone.  It was definitely one of the races that exhausted me because of the concentration required.  As it was mentioned during post race, you have to admire any real world racing driver going full tilt at Cote D'Azur at much higher speed than we achieved last night.

I just remembered that my avatar in GT6 was wearing the Senna racing outfit.  That in itself gave me the 1/100 sec improvement.  :D

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna

I had a ball myself :), that extra 75kg success ballast from Madrid made the car almost comical to drive because it would lean and sway so much haha (the car weighed about 745kg stock so you could really feel it), also some great close racing with both Pete and Dawson at different points during the race too. 

Ironically the two "major" incidents I had were both at that stupid waterfront chicane after the tunnel, first one I seemed to get snagged by an invisible wall spike and Pete had nowhere to go or time to react as it stopped me dead in front him (sorry Pete!) and the second one I out braked myself and stopped to avoid cutting the chicane too bad and let Dawnson by.  Unfortunately it looked like Dawnson caught the same invisible spike I had earlier, hopefully that wasn't my fault for poking out of the chicane or anything?  Still he had some good battling though :).

Thanks Dawson for the hosting and everyone for the racing :).

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna

Yeah all good Feldynn, you didn't have any impact with me at that chicane.  As to your first "mishap" when you oversteered too much by the water front, I came flying around the turn seeing lots of smoke from you, and a big Dino in my face fishtailing a bit.  I tried to avoid Pete but I tapped him in the rear which was enough to send him into the wall at a 90° angle.  I waited around for him to recover b/c I felt responsible for making his spin considerably worse.

OKAY, INFORMAL POLL TIME:  What do you want to do for race #4?
1) Monza - everything else the same
2) La Sarthe - all cars using customized transmissions  set to 155 mph (and no individual gear tinkering allowed, just the top speed slider).

Please let me know!  Decision will be made by 5/28, so that everyone still has a week to prep for the chosen track.

PSN ID = dawson864
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up