SupaTunaGT

• April 18, 2024, 05:32:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Autodromo Nazionale Monza - 6 hour enduro  (Read 3729 times)

Brindle

Autodromo Nazionale Monza - 6 hour enduro
« on: May 23, 2014, 01:14:26 PM »

Well, with the new enduro features available online, I thought this would be a good time to get this idea going.  Here is a quick rundown of what I'd like to see.

1 - Custom multi-class racing consisting of LMP, GT and GT-L (GT light).
LMP would be cars such as Bently speed 8, Peugeot 905, Audi R18, Pescarolo courage.
GT would be Vette, Viper, Nissan GT-R, Audi R8.
GT-L would be Scirocco, Integra touring, Miata touring, 325i touring.

***All cars are subject to change pending testing***

2 - Format would be team based, with a minimum of 3 per team, but no limit on more.  Each stint run would require drivers to switch cars between teammates, so everyone will drive each car at least once.  The race lengths would be set by the room timer, with a minimum of a 1 hour race/stint and a 10-15 min break between each race (acts like a driver change and pit stop).  Each stint after the first, will begin with a manual grid start (you start where your teamate finished the last race).

3 - I would like to use a tire wear rate that allows for at least 2 stops per stint, for the use of an option tire.  LMP's would use RM as primary and RS as option (can only use option once per stint). GT would use RH as primary and RM as option.  GT-L would use RH as primary and RM as option (possibly SM primary SS option).

4 - Scoring would be by total time accumulated from each stint per team/individual.  Lowest time wins.  There would be no cautions and damage would be set to light (possible full damage).

That's pretty much it for now.  Just gauging if there would be any interest in this.  With disconnects happening still to often, I thought running smaller races/stints might alleviate the problems it may cause.  This way if you do disconnect, you only need to wait until the next race.  Something along the lines of 15-30 seconds will be added to the last place finisher for any person that disconnects.

8)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Autodromo Nazionale Monza - 6 hour enduro
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 01:50:48 PM »

Speed 8 motherfucker!

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 03:20:34 PM »

Speed 8 Ball motherfucker!

Fixed for 80's coke reference.  ^-^

Also, I have interest.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 10:52:51 AM »

That's not a pencil in my pocket, if you know what I'm saying  ;D

PSN ID = dawson864

Brindle

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 11:42:14 AM »

Well, I guess no enduro.  Oh well.    ::)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 12:35:31 PM »

I realize enduro is the key word here, but 6 hours is a long time. I for one don't think I could get away with blocking out that much time.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 01:26:37 PM »

if planned far enough in advance time might be able to be blocked off and we may find enough folks

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 04:13:44 PM »

Also, it is a team evnet and if you only did one (OR 3) stint that should work out to one hour.

Also, also, Brindle might mean each stint is 20 minutes that allows one driver to use each group of car in an hour. Or I am just making things more confusing sorry.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 04:25:54 PM by DudeTuna »

Brindle

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 11:41:31 AM »

I realize enduro is the key word here, but 6 hours is a long time. I for one don't think I could get away with blocking out that much time.

For a team of 3, you would need a 6 hour time slot.  However... Any team with 4 or more participants, would be able to decide who runs how many stints and when, wile still NOT running the same car/driver in back to back races.

In your case Chrome, if your team had four people, you would ONLY be required to run 1 stint (1 hour race) and the rest of the team would run the rest (switching cars of course).  You could even arrange the first and last stints (gives you 4 hours off of a 6 hour block).

@ Dude...  The entire enduro would consist of "6" 1 hour races.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2014, 11:46:42 AM »

Given enough notice I can block off 6 hours.

PSN ID = dawson864

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2014, 01:29:59 PM »

Given enough notice I can block off 6 hours.

Now there is a man with an iron butt attitude.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2014, 03:07:00 PM »

For a team of 3, you would need a 6 hour time slot.  However... Any team with 4 or more participants, would be able to decide who runs how many stints and when, wile still NOT running the same car/driver in back to back races.

In your case Chrome, if your team had four people, you would ONLY be required to run 1 stint (1 hour race) and the rest of the team would run the rest (switching cars of course).  You could even arrange the first and last stints (gives you 4 hours off of a 6 hour block).

I gotcha now, and that sounds doable.

My time in a LMP would be a joke, and probably slower than the slowest class car. 
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2014, 03:54:05 PM »

I gotcha now, and that sounds doable.

My time in a LMP would be a joke, and probably slower than the slowest class car. 

I could really use a good laugh. Please, please. LMP. 

Also, wouldn't 3 different classes, one hour stints and a 6 hour event equal 2 drivers per team minimum? Personally I want a slo ride too. So I would need on a big team too. :)   
Pages: [1]   Go Up