SupaTunaGT

• March 28, 2024, 08:10:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Linked Events

• CiaY 7 F3 : July 04, 2014
  • CiaY 7 F3: July 11, 2014
  • CiaY 7 F3: July 18, 2014
  • CiaY 7 F3: July 25, 2014
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CiaY Season 7 F3  (Read 3392 times)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
CiaY Season 7 F3
« on: June 22, 2014, 09:11:50 AM »

The following is made up BS purely for filling in the story line for this career stuff.

Well you took a year off hoping for two things to happen first for someone from one of the big teams to notice you were available and second and possibly more importantly to see if you still had that same desire to chase this vocation with the same passion you had when you started.

Well the current season is 3/4 over and the offers you were hoping for have not come to the surface. But by running in the series with the University students campaigning a Caterham you have found your love for driving. Was it the getting back to grass roots racing reignited something in you? Was it the enthusiasm of the students that filled you with a new energy to just race and let the other parts of the business fall into place naturally.

Your agent has let you know about an offer in a lower open wheel series worried you might dismiss it. Instead he has found you very receptive. The fun of racing at any level is so much more enjoyable than any other job you might move on to after you are done racing that you know you want to ride this wave as long as you can.

Now the facts as we have them so far.

Car F3 (Senna's old ride)

CiaY Season 7 Points

Format 2 sprints( approx. 14-18 mins.) followed by a more full length(28-36 mins) race. Sprints will be on Race Mediums while the longer race will require at least one pit stop and a tire compound change. There will be 12 points scoring opportunities this season.  

Tracks while the schedule is not finalized the following have been confirmed;
7/4/14 Tsukuba and '80's Monza
7/11/14 '80's Brands hatch long and short courses
7/18/14 Red Bull Ring long and short courses
7/25/14 Silverstone Nat'l and GP

Driving aids none.
Tire wear on fast.

We will start of like normal a Q session then a race although these will be shorter more sprint minded. After the first race we will flop the field based on the previous race results. Points will be awarded evenly to both races save for this one caveat. In the second heat if someone can come from the lower half of the starting grid and win then they get a bonus. equal to half the points available for the heat. And the further back someone comes from on the grid to win the higher the bonus. Then there is a third race on the big track that will be more like what we have been running, a quick Q session followed by a race.

Points will be one point for your spot and one for everyone that you finish in front of, for example you win a race that 8 people are in you get 8 points. Simple enough I think. Now for the those bonus points let us use that last example again you win a race that the grid has been reversed and you came from fifth starting spot you would qualify for one bonus point. But if you could have won that same race from the eighth starting spot you would receive 4 bonus points. Only the winner of the race is even eligible for the bonus points. And those points are only available on that second heat.

The second heat will have passing and plenty of action between the reversed grid and possible bonus points.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 10:27:34 AM by BakedTuna »

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
Re: CiaY Season 7 F3
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 07:38:52 AM »

nice!  this should be fun.  My July will be busy, but will look for t ime to join

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 06:02:19 AM »

I know that the crowd will likely be thin tomorrow for the holiday but hopefully things will get back to normal next week. Anyhow lap counts for this week are 14 laps the first two heats with 20 laps on the big tack for the third heat.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 09:45:27 AM »

I know it is the 4st of July and most everyone will be busy but for any pet owners that cannot go out here is something to do tonight instead.

Just wanting to bump this out there as the racing in this series has been a blast so far and these F3 cars this month have been great fun in practice. I do not think any other car in the game makes me feel as much like a race car driver as this when does with or without traffic.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 04:51:09 PM »

First two heats 19 laps each on the short course and 23 laps for the full GP circuit.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 08:44:37 AM »

Baked, sorry for my absence (I know it's not required)

I've got my wedding (the big one for the whole family, we did a small one a year or so ago) coming up in a week or so, and my 11yo son is here all summer, so racing time is very limited if I get any at all.

Good luck with this month's events and I'll try to join when possible.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 10:27:47 AM »

Baked, sorry for my absence (I know it's not required)

I've got my wedding (the big one for the whole family, we did a small one a year or so ago) coming up in a week or so, and my 11yo son is here all summer, so racing time is very limited if I get any at all.

Good luck with this month's events and I'll try to join when possible.

No apologies needed from anyone ever for missing these, this is always a drop in type series.

But for anyone that is thinking of coming out this car is a great one to race. I would be willing to share my tune if anyone is being held back by lack of a comfortable tune. The lack of ABS in this car is also not so scary due to the limited power, light weight and racing tires. And for anyone that does not want to interfere with points don't think that way the points are just a sidebar to fill in the whole idea of an online career mode. The shared moments on the track are really what it is all about and in that case the more cars on track the better.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 03:41:20 PM »

points are updated

we are on racing softs and racing meds for the rest of the season please make a note of it

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 08:09:47 PM »

Reminder softs and meds are the compounds that will be available this week. Please make a note of it. The lap counts will be as follows 16 laps a piece the first two heats and 22 laps for the third heat.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 09:41:53 PM »

CiaY Season 7 Points

new points totals

Was a fun night out tonight. I think at one point or another everyone had a chance to shine. See y'all at Silverstone National and GP circuits next week.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2014, 11:37:02 PM »

Lap count will be 16 for the first two heats on the National Circuit. And when we switch to the full GP Circuit there will be 17 laps.

From the little bit of running I have done it would seem that Silverstone is going to be the worst track of the season for tire wear. Friendly reminder there is a required compound change in the third heat. Tire compounds were announced last week and carryover to this race weekend racing softs and mediums will be available to the competitors this weekend.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2014, 04:48:07 PM »

Current workaround dictates public room. Will be booting lopers after politely asking for their cooperatiion if they cannot comply. Room numbers are
1472-6118-3916-1739-6329
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 04:50:15 PM by BakedTuna »

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2014, 06:09:13 PM »

Current workaround dictates public room. Will be booting lopers after politely asking for their cooperatiion if they cannot comply. Room numbers are
1472-6118-3916-1739-6329

This room # will only be needed if Sony has not remedied the situation with being able to see lobbies. Please look for me in my own lounge first.
Pages: [1]   Go Up