• April 24, 2024, 07:36:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Damage  (Read 3095 times)

Brindle

Re: Damage
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2014, 12:04:51 PM »

I agree, to disagree...

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2014, 12:10:10 PM »

I agree, to disagree...

With whom? May I help you with some confusion?

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2014, 12:12:55 PM »

None of the arguments FOR heavy damage in this thread have a contingency plan for people that are helpless victims of getting nailed by someone being careless.  I'm not gonna spend hours practicing for a race just to have it ruined by someone else's carelessness.

(I realize that can occur without heavy damage - however it's even more likely to occur with heavy damage)

Also regarding the network stability, I wanted to mention my series' race this past Wednesday night went off without a hitch.

PSN ID = dawson864

Brindle

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2014, 12:14:28 PM »

I agree, to disagree...

So far every post, but I'm not confused.  Thanks anyway Dude.  :)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2014, 12:39:22 PM »

None of the arguments FOR heavy damage in this thread have a contingency plan for people that are helpless victims of getting nailed by someone being careless.  I'm not gonna spend hours practicing for a race just to have it ruined by someone else's carelessness.

(I realize that can occur without heavy damage - however it's even more likely to occur with heavy damage)

Also regarding the network stability, I wanted to mention my series' race this past Wednesday night went off without a hitch.

Why not? Is that so unrealistic? In karting I had several incidents where another's stupidity cost me, sometimes dearly. We see it happen in any race on tv. Yes it sucks but at least here it does not come at the possible expense to our budgets or our health and well being.

And my rooms hardly ever have issues only on a few rare occasions. Thought I would mention this as well.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 12:41:50 PM by BakedTuna »

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2014, 12:48:54 PM »

I agree, to disagree...

So far every post, but I'm not confused.  Thanks anyway Dude.  :)

I think he was offering to confuse you.  If you aren't confused then you need his help.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2014, 01:04:17 PM »

I thought I'd elabourate a bit more on what I said on the 1rd page (thought I did there but checked and I hadn't), the way cautions worked in the Tuna Cup in GT5 did kind of take into account multiple car incidents caused by lag or one person's carelessness / accidental error.  I forget the exact details for certain but so far as I remember if 2 or more cars were involved in an incident (say there was a lag spike that caused your and my cars to collide resulting in damage) then those not involved would race to the start / finish line and slow down to caution speed for a lap.

Damaged vehicles would get to the pits as fast as possible, repair and then catch back up to the back of the pack as quickly as possible.  Once the leader reached the line again after 1 lap at caution speed the race restarts, depending on the length of track and severity of the damage the cars that pitted may have caught back up to the pack or at least not be too far behind.

I "think" that was basically how it worked and from what I remember it did, for the most part, work quite well.  Of course if I'm completely mis-remembering this through rose-tinted spectacles or something can someone please correct me  ^-^.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Brindle

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2014, 01:20:47 PM »

Why not? Is that so unrealistic? In karting I had several incidents where another's stupidity cost me, sometimes dearly. We see it happen in any race on tv. Yes it sucks but at least here it does not come at the possible expense to our budgets or our health and well being.

And my rooms hardly ever have issues only on a few rare occasions. Thought I would mention this as well.

This is a video game.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2014, 01:49:51 PM »

I understand that Brindle. I thought we all wanted realism and I am trying to find out how much realism everyone wants and or thinks is enough.

I know you find challenges in running without ABS or trying to complete a perfect race. Well it is possible some want to know the added challenges that heavy damage brings with it.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 02:10:07 PM by BakedTuna »

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2014, 01:56:50 PM »

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2014, 02:17:49 PM »

Valid points gentlemen, and I have no problem with the challenges of heavy damage as long as there's a "caution" policy that doesn't screw over people that didn't make mistakes.  You can't avoid it IRL but you can here.

PSN ID = dawson864

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2014, 02:46:31 PM »

If you ever have an open Friday evening you should look for Fisherrat's (I will have to double check the ID spelling) open room race. It is always full damage without cautions. It works just fine as most who join understand the implications of damaging themselves or others. I don't make it very often, but the times I have, have been fun and exciting.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2014, 05:24:55 PM »

But as it is I expect there would be absolutely no benefit to a PSplus subscription other than access to "free" games that I'd never play.

The main benefit is that you get to play with your PSN friends.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up