SupaTunaGT

• April 25, 2024, 03:41:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Go Tguns, Go!!!  (Read 5205 times)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
Go Tguns, Go!!!
« on: July 22, 2014, 12:10:28 PM »

I thought we should have a little thread in here acknowledging that one of our Tuna members and a GT Saturdays organizer is now a GT Academy NA winner and Silverstone finalist!!

Great job, man!  We're really proud of you.  I knew you had academy potential, and if given the right set of circumstances, could go really far.  I remember when I first started racing and posting here on this forum -- that I mentioned you were an "alien-human hybrid" to which you responded modestly that you were not even close to being an alien.  Well, now you've shed your human shell and shown who/what you really are :P

Your racing knowledge is probably better than most of the other competitors, besides being a very competent time trialist.  Here is where your overall strength as a driver will start to show and you'll have a chance to turn your dream into a reality.

I remember you said you have a new baby on the way.  Hopefully the two do not interfere with one another and you are able to balance family with a profession in racing!  Just make sure you honor and respect (as I'm sure you do) all of the people close to you who will make sacrifices along the way to help and allow you to pursue it.

Oh, and don't forget where you honed your skills, :D :D  If it weren't for all of the confidence boosting we helped you with by being so slow ourselves, you might have thought you didn't have a chance in hell!  just kidding...

Go represent the Tunas and GT Saturdays!!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 07:07:30 AM by EX_stream_tuna »

DaletonaDave

• Longtail Tuna
    • DaletonaDave.com
Re: Go Tguns, Go!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 03:07:45 PM »

+1 ex. :)

Very nice post. You're right about not forgetting who helped him get there. We (read: I) were kinda like slightly improved AI in an online room, for Mr. guns to try to maneuver around while lapping us. :D

GO TGUNS GO!! We're all rootin' for ya!  ;D

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 03:28:46 PM »

:stoopid:

May you go far with this opportunity. May you also be relaxed enough to take it all in and enjoy and appreciate it. Kick some ass man.

TunasalED

• Longtail Tuna
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 05:34:00 PM »

Go get 'em tguns! So incredible to think that a video game has had such an impact on the lives of so many - in the face of every person that derides GT as "just a video game"! :P

xlr8life

• Blackfin Tuna
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 06:56:21 PM »

So is it safe to say tguns has now made the "must start 1 lap down" list when he races with us again?  *of course I'm kidding......or am I? :lolz

Congrats buddy and hope you kick some azz! *Just like you kick ours!*

dmcallis

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 09:30:59 AM »

Definitely.  Good luck TGuns!.

Brindle

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 10:22:26 AM »

Good luck mister Guns!

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 02:18:57 PM »

Each year's roster is always filled with amazing talent, and this year is no different. What is different this years is just many are close to us, one way or another. I'm not sure we have had an Academy quite like this one. Maybe the first one?

tguns16 is going to have to work hard, though. One of the British winners this year is ghost.  ^-^

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2014, 02:48:27 PM »

Good luck to you sir.

I have to agree with Baked.  I hope that you can savor each moment while still kicking ass in merry old England.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 08:14:27 AM »

One of the British winners this year is ghost.  ^-^

GTP_GhostDriver... ahh... yea I figured he would eventually get far too.  He has been on the top of many time trials and I've raced with him once or twice.  he definitely is one of the top contenders.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 10:39:17 AM »

Good luck tguns!!!

PSN ID = dawson864

tguns16

• Blackfin Tuna
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 08:18:41 AM »

Thanks to all of you guys for the support!!! Ex pointed me in the right direction so I would see this. Thanks for that. It's awesome to see the support from all my friends and family. And as the days go by, the number of people rooting for me grows more and more.

Ex, you're right! We have a little girl due on Sep 29th! It's been a wild month trying to personally prepare for the academy, but I've also been working on the house to get everything ready for the new baby. The wife and I have had lots of talks about what could happen in the next couple weeks. Thanks to an amazing family, If I do win, My wife and kids will be taken care of just fine and I'll be able to focus on a career in racing. I don't know if you remember but before I made it to NY, I said I would probably decline the offer because of the things going on here at home. My wife has been behind me for all of this so I'm happy to say...I"M GOING TO ENGLAND BOYS!!!

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL OF YOU!!!

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2014, 08:55:06 AM »

you're welcome!

The things you're doing to prepare and the fact that you've got solid people behind you helping out will really make the difference.

I doubt all of the competitors have the family support and all-around good situation, so hopefully that does give you the edge you need.

Those track days you mentioned getting involved with recently are probably the best things you could have done.  You won't have as much nervousness as some others will, and all that physical training will definitely not disappoint.  (remembering GT Academy videos where fat guys are out of breath in a few seconds of activity.)

Even if you don't end up winning all of the individual disciplines at Silverstone, the serious attitude and level-head will help convince judges, I suspect ;)

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2014, 02:42:48 PM »

I can't think of a nicer person to see this happen to. I am very proud of you, no matter whether you get the new career or not. I am impressed with your enthusiasm, effort and support, either way.

tguns16

• Blackfin Tuna
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2014, 06:17:21 PM »

Thanks again to all of you guys for the support! I'm sitting at the airport waiting to depart. I wish I could say I'll tell you all about the trip, but we know that's not gonna happen lol. At least not until the show is over. Thanks for all the kind words and motivation from all of you. I will give it my best and I will have a smile on my face the whole time!!

Ok, now back to waiting on a plane lol!!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up