• March 28, 2024, 11:27:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Linked Events

• CiaY 8: August 01, 2014
  • CiaY 8: August 08, 2014
  • CiaY 8: August 15, 2014
  • CiaY 8: August 22, 2014
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Season 8 BMW Vision Procar  (Read 3099 times)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Season 8 BMW Vision Procar
« on: July 25, 2014, 10:30:23 PM »

We will be reviving the old BMW Procar series The BMW M1 Procar Championship, sometimes known simply as Procar, was a one-make auto racing series created by Jochen Neerpasch,[1] head of BMW Motorsport GmbH, the racing division of automobile manufacturer BMW. The series pitted professional drivers from the Formula One World Championship, World Sportscar Championship, European Touring Car Championship, and other international series against one another using identically modified BMW M1 sports cars. Instead of the low volume M1 we will be imagining that Alpina one of BMW's trusted corporate allies are bringing the Vision concept to life. For not just a few well to do and loyal customers but also for a small one make series.

As a car manufacturer in its own right since 1983, Alpina has partnered with BMW on and off the racing circuit for more than 40 years, collaborating on technological development and producing a steady stream of groundbreaking innovations which are reflected in their automobiles.

The close collaboration between ALPINA and BMW is evident across all stages of the inception of a new model. Working closely with BMW, they begin simultaneous development and testing, long before a new model is launched, ensuring each BMW ALPINA builds upon the virtues of its BMW counterpart.

As the only company to work on engine and chassis development with BMW's official approval, they tailor their range of automobiles to the demands of sports car cognoscenti - highly experienced drivers who combine a love of power and performance with a taste for luxury and quality of life.

Car will be limited to 550 HP tires will be racing mediums. Tuning is open.

Races each will last for approximately half an hour. The format is straight up Q and race no special twists.

Points were awarded to the top ten finishers, starting with 20 points and decreasing down to 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 3, 2, and finally 1 for the nine remaining drivers. An overall championship will be awarded to the driver who accumulates the most points at the end of the season.

BMW Vision Procar August
8/1/14 Nurb F, Spa,
8/8/14 Cape Ring Perimeter, G Valley,
8/15/14 Silverstone Int’l, Rome,
8/22/14 Tokyo 246, Ape Hill

CiaY Season 8 Points

ABS will be only aid available. Tire wear is on normal.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 11:58:41 AM by BakedTuna »

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Season 8 BMW Vision Procar
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 04:26:08 PM »

http://www.gtplanet.net/bmw-and-playstation-host-special-gt6-photomode-event/

Could one of us use a pic from this Friday's race to win the first week of this contest?

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 11:34:41 AM »

This week we will run 16 laps at Nurb F and 14 laps at Spa.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 11:36:37 AM by BakedTuna »

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 12:54:35 PM »

http://www.gtplanet.net/bmw-and-playstation-host-special-gt6-photomode-event/

Could one of us use a pic from this Friday's race to win the first week of this contest?

I had a quick skim through the GT Planet post and I don't see why not so long as the image is posted in the right place with the appropriate hashtag thing, though how you'd actually go about doing that I don't know since I have neither a Farcebook nor a Tweeter or know how to hashtag a picture (I assume it's something you do when you upload it to social media?).

ALSO:  I just checked on my Photobucket thing before I hit the "Post" button and it looks like there's a way to tag imagess once uploaded, don't know if simply tagging one there would be sufficient to enter the competition though because I didn't look that far into it.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 08:22:12 AM »

Lap counts Cape Ring Perimeter 20 & Grand Valley 17

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 04:30:17 PM »

I will be on by 8:30 or so to open a room. Just have been under the weather and seat time has not been easy to come by. So I will be out there but will probably limit my time running tonight.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 04:06:21 PM »

Had fun Friday, results have been updated, check OP if needed. This week we are at Rome 27 laps and Silverstone Int'l 29 laps.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 10:27:13 PM »

4 races into the season Bada is off to good first half. While the runner up position has been 4 different drivers, one driver (me) has been the last spot on the podium for every race. Looking forward to a strong second half of the season after seeing everyone run well at different points in the first half of the season.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 06:14:11 PM »

This week we will be running 18 laps at Tokyo 246 and 24 laps at Ape Hill.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 10:51:20 PM »

Bada nearly had a perfect season nice job Champ.

We are 67 points paying races into this career. Over that time we have seen approximately 25 different competitors in the various series. With myself and Bada getting the IronButt award having been at all 67 events so far. Would like to finish the last two months strong hopefully we'll draw a good crowd to wrap things up. No matter what kind of crowd we do get I have enjoyed myself through  it all. Thanks to everyone who has came out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up