SupaTunaGT

• March 28, 2024, 01:57:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Well not quite a full year  (Read 2619 times)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Well not quite a full year
« on: October 04, 2014, 09:48:21 AM »

After the ninth season I had to pack it in somewhat. We are going to be moving in the next couple of months and we really need to go through and narrow down a bit. Live in a house with 4 kids for 15 years and you gather some stuff. Youngest is now ten so the items while possibly more expensive do tend to consume less space. On top of that we have a contract that eats up about three weeks of my life twice a year and that just started this past Monday. So I am just not able to commit to a series at the moment.

Well enough about me there are two other thoughts I wanted to get out there fist is badaboya was there for every single race through nine months of Fridays which showed some tremendous desire to race no matter what on where. But to go along with that he was always a contender for the podium spots if not the outright victory. He is like our own version of Mario Andretti able to drive the wheels off of anything he sat in, nice job bada.

The second thing I wanted to share is for at least this month I can make a loose commitment to Friday night events and to go along with the CiaY theme we will do like some retired drivers do and run some vintage events. Last night some of us got together at Sierra in pre 1976  rides with 161hp and sports hards. We treated it like a vintage road rally ala the Mille Miglia just running for fast time or for fun. I ran some alone and some with bada had a good relaxing time. I will be doing this again next Friday at either Sierra or Latuna Seca the cars will again be pre 1976 but the spec may change. Thought I would float this out there in case someone would be interested.

BTW under 11 minutes is a not a gimme at this spec. But the track and the spec for the car seem to make the most out of them both allowing me to appreciate some subtle nuances I might of otherwise missed.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Well not quite a full year
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 02:53:35 PM »

I will be out there tonight roll your own with minor stipulations pre 1976 street car sports mediums and 248 hp. If anyone else is interested look for me in my lounge.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 03:38:51 PM by BakedTuna »
Pages: [1]   Go Up