PC Sims & Other Games > Assetto Corsa

Force Feed Back (FFB)...

(1/4) > >>

Brindle:
Figured we need a spot to discuss settings and options for FFB.  I've been hesitant in trying the stuff Ex posted about, as it sounded complicated, but nutted up and tried it.

I still need to test what I found, bu the wheelchecker is great at checking linearity of your wheel.  Surprisingly and reaffirmed by others, the G25 has a great linearity in the FFB system.  I will post my charts later and show what I mean.  I think this could help immensly to get the proper feel from our wheels.

Brindle:

--- Quote from: Ex on February 09, 2015, 10:13:23 AM ---Here are a few things I found over the weekend, which may help some newbies out...

Force Feedback (FFB) calibration:  I skipped the linearity test because it was very involved, and I feel like my wheel is very linear already.

I hope this helps others! (thanks to those original authors, of course)

--- End quote ---

Forgot to thanks Ex "Thank You", as I hadn't read that thread in a while and the wheelchecker was new to me (great tool btw).  Ex, you'd be surprised as to how nonlinear some of the wheels are.  Fanatec seeming to be the worst off and G25 being the best off.  I believe it to be very useful as from what I've seen in that thread, most, if not all wheels need less than 100% in their respective wheel software.

Here are my results for 95-105%.

Brindle:
Ex wrote...

You'er welcome!

I admit, that I actually got lost in some of the particulars of doing that linearity test and quit about half way through.

Oh, I think it was that making a chart like that is significantly more difficult in Open Office rather than Excel.  I might do this on my work computer to get at the Excel stuff.

Brindle:
Ex wrote...

What I suggest is that we post out settings for our wheels and game in this thread, and then if we find that we don't like a setting or change it, go back to the post and edit it:

Here's what I'm using right now:  (I like it but with so many things, I will probably change when I get wiser about something)

Changed after doing Wheelcheck the right way...

Wheel: Thrustmaster T300RS

Driver Settings:
Rotation/Angle: 900deg
Gain: 70%
Other Settings: Everything 100%

Game:
Gain: 90%  (adjust a few % up/down for each car's setup)
Filter: 0
Damping: 0
Min Force: 6
Kerb Effects: 33
Road Effects: 68
Sip Effects: 10

(FYI, I have road fx turned up because this wheel actually gives a little vibration that moves through Baked's PVC rig down to the foot platform and through the pedals, AND vibrates through the seat too!  It's a nice bit of emmersion, like butt-kicker, only more of a butt-tickler :D )

Brindle:
Open office is tricky.

Double click on the .csv file.  In the screen that pops up, under "separator options", make sure "separated by" is ticked, then only "comma" and "space" have a check mark.  That will import the file properly for making the chart.

Also, for some reason, force is the "x" data range and deltaX is "y" range. Use X,Y scattered as chart type. 

Good luck.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version