• March 28, 2024, 05:56:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Force Feed Back (FFB)...  (Read 4030 times)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
Re: Force Feed Back (FFB)...
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2015, 12:49:22 PM »

I'm starting to mess with lower FFB seettings again, because I'm finding that I have to turn down more cars' FFB than I have to turn up.  That means, to save some work fine tuning each car, I should start lower and work up, rather than start higher and work down.

I knmow, Brindle says I shouldn't have to change each car's FFB.  I get that, but as I said I'm still finding lots of cars have far too much, and regular controlled high-g turns (even after I've figured out the car and track) seem to have clipping.

It may not be an issue on all wheels.

But here's what I'm doing now.

If you've done your clipping tool exercise with a "racey" car, and not a smooth road car, you'll have used too lower of a base FFB setting in most cases.  If you used a smooth, comfy road car, you'll have set it too high.  When you switch between these car types, you'll get too much variation in Feedback.  You'll want to turn up your FFB in that softer car.

Personally, I used a softer car, like a 458, to do my FFB test (not my fault, the documentation just said "use your favorite car"), so I probably set my FFB too high, and hence why I would need to turn so many cars down.

But, as I figured out with Brindle's help, if you take away all of the clipping at the top end, you will lose sensation of the minor vibrations at the lower end of the FFB spectrum.

Here's how you get all cars balanced much more closely, without having to choose between either the min or the max.

Turn DOWN your base FFB setting in AC Options.  Maybe a couple points from what you've thought is correct.  (if you used a soft car to do FFB clilp tests etc.)
Turn UP your Min Force settings in AC's Options.  I had mine at 8%, and I've turned up to 10%.
Adjust cars by a few points if necessary.

You'll find more cars are okay out of the box, this way, and have to adjust fewer of them.

By increasing the min force, you are getting both the information transmitted to your arms when you are pulling hard to one side on a fast corner, but also get the little vibrations and infos from the wheel in less extreme situations.  The car will feel alive and like it is in your hands, the whole way around, rather than feeling good here, but not so good there.

I hope that helps.  I'm not in the best "explaining things" mood, though :P

Brindle

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2015, 01:02:31 PM »

I used the McLaren GT3 for the FFB clip tool.  Also I ran some slower more consistent laps than I normally would otherwise.  I notice cars vary in FFB, but I just get used to it per car, as it's usually not too strong.  You know...  One car ain't like the other.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2016, 07:53:50 PM »

Ok boys .. any update on FFB? I'm really hoping it won't be too convoluted when the console version hits in a month. I f some global settings will work fine and not too much car by car then I'll be happy.
Also hope to get together with some pals and have a discussion about it
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

Brindle

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2016, 07:18:41 PM »

I haven't heard anything yet myself, but I believe it will be no more involved than the current options, which are global.  I took a pic of the FFB setting we have on PC and my guess is will likely be on console as well.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2016, 02:46:30 AM »

now THAT I could live with  8)  thanks for the info Brin
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up