• April 18, 2024, 05:36:07 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Force Feedback  (Read 4936 times)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
Force Feedback
« on: May 09, 2015, 01:19:15 PM »

I thought I would start a page for Force Feedback related advice, suggestions, and discussion, like we have for other games.

Chasing down the right settings for pCARS is at the moment, the most important thing to me.

I'll post what I think is a good setup for the T300RS when I feel like I have it, but for now I'll just post the links I'm finding for some good info:

Edit:Jack Spade's FFB Tweaker - Files for PC only, but console users should still read this post.
(this is probably the #1 thing that has made my FFB feel more realistic.  A lot closer to AC

General Force Feedback Setup

Settings for my T500RS with Kurb Effects

EDIT:
Hints & Tips (Sim HQ)

A good base car setup and car force feedback settings?
"Every car is different so you'll need to adjust and save setups for each car/track combo. There is no one size fits all.
FWIW the default setups are pretty good and a great place to start tweaking from if you find a particular car to not be handling as best you think it can. Regular tuning methodologies apply so any suspension tuning tutorial around the net will help you.

One setting that all cars benefit from adjusting in the Setup pages if you're using a FFB wheel is to turn up Spindle Master Scale. It put more road feel into the FFB. Defualt is 26 for all cars. Experiment with what feels best to you by turning it up 5 steps at a time. Oh and the best part of that is you can make adjustments to it while in the Pit Garage screen while on track and sitting in the garage."
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 09:29:40 PM by EX_stream_tuna »

NumbSkuld

• Blackfin Tuna
Re: Force Feedback
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 05:51:17 PM »

I am not going to get the hardware to play pCars.  However, I have read a lot of discussions on FFB.  Not sure if this has been posted:  Froogle on YouTube has posted a config tutorial.  Not sure how close it is with the config tool that was posted by EX.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 07:19:54 AM »

thanks! I have not actually written up anything comprehensive.  Maybe this guy just saved me having to do that  :-\

will watch!

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 07:42:14 AM »

after watching it, it definitely is helpful, but I think he still misses some critical points, namely how to avoid clipping and which items actually do interfere with one another.

For instance, the Lateral force for the front wheels and the lateral force for the rear wheels are both translated to similar forces in the wheel (they feel different, but same motors), so when they are both on, they conflict and can cause clipping.

You will get sensation of road feel while you are going down straights, but not when you corner.  I do not believe anyone has really looked at the "full" picture yet...

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 08:17:21 AM »

Brindle

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 09:28:28 AM »

Unfortunately at the moment a lot of tweaking needed is not in game, only in files. Don't know what that means for ps4 users.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 09:35:44 AM »

Unfortunately at the moment a lot of tweaking needed is not in game, only in files. Don't know what that means for ps4 users.

It is sounding to me like most of the beta testing that went on was on towers and console users are getting the short end of things.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 11:13:36 AM »

the files take the place of tweaking in-game.  It's all the same stuff, just short-cut.

The tweaker files make the game ignore each car's FFB values.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2015, 11:21:55 AM »

the files take the place of tweaking in-game.  It's all the same stuff, just short-cut.

Not true. At least not from what I'm reading. PS4 needs a patch in a bad way, SMS is aware and working on it. FFB is only one of the problems to, system crashes are occurring too. 

I'm not in any hurry to pick up a PS4 now. I will be perfectly happy waiting for GT7, or I see PCars plays and works with wheels other then Thrustmaster.

Brindle

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2015, 11:35:17 AM »

Like I said...  Files are tweaked, not in game.

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2015, 06:28:44 PM »

Perhaps this will be useful?

http://www.mediafire.com/view/0n84npxm49mx767/pCarsFFBGuideTopology3.pdf

Anyone with a X55 Rhino setup? Cant find or map my take off flaps. I have only been able to get good air on California highway.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2015, 06:40:08 PM »

Not true. At least not from what I'm reading. PS4 needs a patch in a bad way, SMS is aware and working on it. FFB is only one of the problems to, system crashes are occurring too. 

I'm not in any hurry to pick up a PS4 now. I will be perfectly happy waiting for GT7, or I see PCars plays and works with wheels other then Thrustmaster.

:stoopid:
my interest is flagging. The more I see hear and read the more complicated it all seems. Not knocking the game, just seems its not going to be for me.
Now I'll have more time to save for the equipment I want
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2015, 07:09:51 AM »

there are things broken for some people, yes, but for the rest the FFB system is working as intended, however complicated to figure out it may be.  What I was saying is that using the tweaker files is a way of short-cutting the process or skipping it altogether.

Brindle - I thought you meant that the tweaking HAD to be done out of game... was just clarifying.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2015, 07:13:18 AM »

my interest is flagging. The more I see hear and read the more complicated it all seems. Not knocking the game, just seems its not going to be for me.

Don't fret too much about complications with the game.  It is different and somewhat hard to figure out, sure.  But, once figured out, it is worth it.

I am going to try time today to type this up, but I believe I may have actually found some things in the FFB settings that are being ignored by other posters around the web, and will really help a lot of people.

Last night, I found some universal settings that will make setting up your individual cars much, much easier.  There are also some general rules to follow that people are not talking about.  To give you an idea,I almost have just as good of a feeling now from my cars as I do in AC.  Yep.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2015, 11:33:29 AM »

Don't fret too much about complications with the game.  It is different and somewhat hard to figure out, sure.  But, once figured out, it is worth it.

I am going to try time today to type this up, but I believe I may have actually found some things in the FFB settings that are being ignored by other posters around the web, and will really help a lot of people.

Last night, I found some universal settings that will make setting up your individual cars much, much easier.  There are also some general rules to follow that people are not talking about.  To give you an idea,I almost have just as good of a feeling now from my cars as I do in AC.  Yep.

I can't speak on force feed back but my last few days have been focused on adjusting the controller settings to feel comfortable.  A trip to GT planet helped a lot.  Beyond that, the experience has been very rewarding.  A racing experience way beyond anything GT has had in recent history.  Off line has become fun again and I could only image a group of us online should be just as entertaining as ever.  I'm racing little underpowered Clio's and having the time of my life.

And as more of us go through the process it should be easier for others to find settings that work for them.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up