• April 19, 2024, 07:50:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Force Feedback  (Read 4937 times)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Force Feedback
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2015, 11:51:28 AM »

:stoopid:
my interest is flagging. The more I see hear and read the more complicated it all seems. Not knocking the game, just seems its not going to be for me.
Now I'll have more time to save for the equipment I want

Don't fret too much about complications with the game.  It is different and somewhat hard to figure out, sure.  But, once figured out, it is worth it.

I am going to try time today to type this up, but I believe I may have actually found some things in the FFB settings that are being ignored by other posters around the web, and will really help a lot of people.

Last night, I found some universal settings that will make setting up your individual cars much, much easier.  There are also some general rules to follow that people are not talking about.  To give you an idea,I almost have just as good of a feeling now from my cars as I do in AC.  Yep.

:stoopid:

I can't speak on force feed back but my last few days have been focused on adjusting the controller settings to feel comfortable.  A trip to GT planet helped a lot.  Beyond that, the experience has been very rewarding.  A racing experience way beyond anything GT has had in recent history.  Off line has become fun again and I could only image a group of us online should be just as entertaining as ever.  I'm racing little underpowered Clio's and having the time of my life.

And as more of us go through the process it should be easier for others to find settings that work for them.

You're PS4 aren't you?

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2015, 09:16:28 PM »

Yes, so far I've been glitch free and my 55 inch Samsung TV does not have the ghosting that others have complained about.  I still wish the controller had analog buttons but overall the Dualshock 4 more is comfortable to use than the Dualshock 3 and the triggers get the job done.

I have noticed the surround sound issue others have mentioned but its not a big deal to me.  I usually keep the sound turned down to the point I only hear my car.

Also the crew chief communicating though the controller is neat but I'm not use to it and he's caused me to wreck twice so far. 

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2015, 08:49:09 AM »

there's a setting to turn down the crew chief (who I've heard is ben collins) and I assume that means you can turn him all the way down, though I haven't yet.

Kept somewhat low in the volume, I find it just adds to the emmersion.

He says, "okay you can do this, go ahead and go for that pass" or something... and I find myself thinking, "You know what, he's right, I can do this!" lol

but just like any game with scripted voice lines, sometimes the situation doesn't fit what he says, exactly.  But not bad.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2015, 11:24:15 AM »

there's a setting to turn down the crew chief (who I've heard is ben collins) and I assume that means you can turn him all the way down, though I haven't yet.

Kept somewhat low in the volume, I find it just adds to the emmersion.

He says, "okay you can do this, go ahead and go for that pass" or something... and I find myself thinking, "You know what, he's right, I can do this!" lol

but just like any game with scripted voice lines, sometimes the situation doesn't fit what he says, exactly.  But not bad.

I plan on continue using it.  I just gotta go find his volume control.  Nice this is he provides useful information so you don't have to have all the timing data on screen.  You can just turn the stuff off and just drive, the crew chief will tell you how far away the next competitor is, or if your lap times have fallen off, or of the person behind you is gaining, etc.

I wonder, if they decide to do oval racing, if they'll give us a proper spotter as well.  ;D

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2015, 10:36:02 PM »

So far, I am being told to be more consistent. Or, gee, you are being pretty consistent. Not all that helpful, to this point.  :D

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2015, 08:46:56 AM »

So far, I am being told to be more consistent. Or, gee, you are being pretty consistent. Not all that helpful, to this point.  :D

are you talking about the race radio?  I did a few races the other day, and it wasn't so much "helpful" as much as it was a welcome addition to the immersion.  I think you said in another thread that the vol was too high for you and you needed to adjust it.  When you turn it down so you can just barely hear it over the engine, I think that is where the sweet spot is.

He said things like, "best lap of the race" and "you ahve a two second gap" and even reminds you to stay focused when you are in the lead, to keep pushing till the end.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2015, 11:17:19 AM »

are you talking about the race radio?  I did a few races the other day, and it wasn't so much "helpful" as much as it was a welcome addition to the immersion.  I think you said in another thread that the vol was too high for you and you needed to adjust it.  When you turn it down so you can just barely hear it over the engine, I think that is where the sweet spot is.

He said things like, "best lap of the race" and "you ahve a two second gap" and even reminds you to stay focused when you are in the lead, to keep pushing till the end.

Was it?   I admit, I don't play this game enough to get use to it, but last time the radio chimed in while I was racing it made me jump and I almost threw the controller. I crashed and lost the race, all because radio guy wanted to remind me to stay focused.  :P

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2015, 11:38:59 AM »

Was it?   I admit, I don't play this game enough to get use to it, but last time the radio chimed in while I was racing it made me jump and I almost threw the controller. I crashed and lost the race, all because radio guy wanted to remind me to stay focused.  :P

Don't talk to me in the corners!

Also,

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up