SupaTunaGT

• April 19, 2024, 01:01:03 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Redeux ??  (Read 6206 times)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Redeux ??
« on: June 27, 2015, 03:18:41 PM »

I thoroughly enjoyed the first time around with Career in a Year and have been considering doing a sequel going to throw it around some to see if there is any interest from folks. I know interest in GT6 has waned for many varying reasons but it seems to still be the easiest place to gather up folks to go racing. So without further blustering I will present my idea/plans here.

Considering putting together another CiaY deal. With my racing about to become fairly limited I am inclined to make sure there will be something to run when I can plan on being “at the track”. The time and day of the week will likely be Sunday nights @ 8:30 eastern time. Exact dates still to be determined.

This will span over the better part of a year details are still being worked out such as dates and points etc.. But here is what I have so far.

Season 1 will be a five week, ten race season consisting of shorter double headers with qualifying taking place directly before the race. The vehicle of choice will be the shifter karts. Tracks in no particular order will be Cape Ring Inside & Tsukuba, Clubman Special Stage Rt 5 forward & reverse, London forward & reverse, Grand Valley East forward & reverse and Streets of Willow & Stowe. We end up with 10 points races over a span of 5 nights. Race lengths including qualifying should be about 25 minutes. Meaning a typical race night should be just about an hour including some time for intermission.

Season 2 will four sprint type double headers and the final a  longer race with double points. Qualifying right before the races.  Car will be the LCC Rocket. Tracks will be Brands Hatch Indy & Ape Hill reverse, Autumn Ring forward & reverse, Special Stage Rt 5 forward & reverse, Madrid & Rome reverse. With the double points finale being run at Laguna Seca. These races will be ran on sports tires with exact compound yet to be determined. Pit stops will not be needed. Giving us a total of 5 race nights with 9 points paying races. Race lengths including qualifying should be 30 minutes, so typical race nights will be approximately an hour and 15 minutes with the included intermission on double header nights. While the finale will be closer to a 45 minute race with qualifying.

Season 3 will see us in the F3 cars only one sprint type double header night with the rest of the races being longer but still likely not needing any pit stops. With the qualifying taking place directly before the races. The tracks will be 80’s Brands Hatch GP, Nurburgring D, Red Bull Ring short, 80’s Monza, Motegi East and the double header will be Silverstone National and International courses. For a grand total of 6 race nights and 7 points paying races. Racing Hards are likely to be the tire for this series. Race lengths including qualifying for the double header should be 35 minutes, so typical race night will be approximately an hour and 25-30 minutes with the included intermission on double header nights. While the single races will be closer to a 50 minute race with qualifying.

Season 4 will be the Red Bull Jr car and there will be three sprint style double header nights with four longer races mixed in. Qualifying as usual just before the racing kicks off. Tracks will be Grand Valley forward & reverse, Trial Mtn forward & reverse, Deep Forest forward & reverse, Apricot Hill, Mid Field, Cape Ring South and HSR. Giving us 10 points paying races within 7 race nights. The double headers will be timed 35 minute races while the longer races will be timed 50 minute races plus the necessary time for qualifying.   

Season 5 Is the FGT car albeit a heavily neutered version of that car. These will all be races just under or over an hour plus the standard pre race qualifying. Two compounds of race tire will be offered and one compound change will be required. Tire wear will likely be set to fast. Tracks will be Monza, Spa, Fuji, Indy Road Course, Nurburgring F, Motegi, Cote dAzur, Red Bull Ring and Silverstone. This will be the longest season with 9 race nights giving us 9 points races.

Season 6 will be the Nissan LMP2 Zytek two compounds of tire will be offered though no compound change will be required. It will be up to you to plan a strategy that can put you up front at the end of the race. Tire wear and fuel usage will at least be set to fast with very fast still being considered. The tracks will be Silverstone, Daytona Road Course, La Sarthe, Spa and Suzuka. While this will be just five point paying races the races are going to be the timed method of racing like many of the endurance races from real life. With the timer being set to an hour and twenty minutes.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 02:40:17 PM by BakedTuna »

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Redeux ??
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 05:17:01 PM »

Right, that time slot is usually empty for me. When I was young, this statement got me into some troubles, but here goes...

I'LL DO IT
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Redeux ??
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 09:48:35 AM »

Cannot believe I am saying this but I am actually pleased there has been no interest in this series idea.  ???  With the new job I have zero time to practice during the week and on weekends I drive in Dude's event on Saturdays and save most of Sunday for my family. One day a week is all I can truly spend on my racing at this point in time.  :'( Maybe by late fall or winter I may have a change of heart and revisit this idea but for now I feel like I opened my mouth too soon and would have regretted starting something up as I had proposed it.

For the time being this is being mothballed to possibly revisit down the road but not entirely sure yet about that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up