SupaTunaGT

• March 29, 2024, 03:50:01 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Sport, baby.  (Read 17702 times)

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Sport, baby.
« Reply #210 on: May 13, 2018, 11:04:55 AM »

My drive hub arrived. It works like crap for the native fanatec mode. Gas pedal and  brake pedal calibration keep screwing up and the force feedback is not very good. fanalogic mode works great though and I can use my Thrustmaster shifter which is cool.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #211 on: May 13, 2018, 11:42:19 AM »

I too prefer L mode.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #212 on: May 26, 2018, 11:43:10 AM »

So I have kind of been re-bitten by the sim bug. I've moved my PS4 to my sim-rig. I miss out on the beautiful HDR images but get to race with a wheel. I have to put up with my PlayStation monitor which blacks out at least once every time I play. But it is amazing the difference that convenience can make. All I have to do to race is turn on my PS4 and climb into my cockpit and drive. I don't have to clear off a space on my desk for my laptop and figure out which cables I need to connect to it and set up VR. I will probably get back into sim racing on my computer eventually, but for now the convenience of a console is great. I haven't tried connecting my xbox to the wheel yet but I probably will soon. I'm not a huge fan of Forza Motorsport but Forza Horizon is a blast even with a controller. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a more casual game on either the xbox or PC.

I have been getting pretty burnt out over the past couple of years (and in the past 6 months in particular). I have been working hard at a new job with a large learning curve and trying to work on my VR projects. I have been lacking energy and have been spending more time just zoning out in front of the TV. Amazingly, I find that sim-racing for short periods of time really boosts my energy levels and instead of falling asleep at the TV, I feel better and can get more work done.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #213 on: June 21, 2018, 11:01:05 PM »

The definition of insane: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result: I now have 5 Clios

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #214 on: June 22, 2018, 05:12:35 AM »

Get use to it, Doc. I delete my duplicates, which means I hardly ever get to keep a car from the workout.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #215 on: June 25, 2018, 03:16:09 PM »

i have 7 of some 
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #216 on: July 11, 2018, 02:30:44 PM »

Hey fellas, I'm back!

Looking to begin mixing it up online again sometime next week  ;D

PSN ID = dawson864

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #217 on: July 30, 2018, 07:54:36 PM »

I've been redoing the circuit experience to build some confidence and regain some speed. I figured that no one really tried that hard to go their fastest after getting gold. Interlagos went as planned but I have a lot of experience with Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace from iRacing and Game Stock Car.

Next I thought I'd tackle the Nordschleife where I ran into a brick wall called MasterGT. Despite tons of practice I only managed to beat 2-3 of his times. I was usually able to beat SpecMiata's times but not always.

Anyways, I hear that the leaderboards have been wiped out so I won't have the chance to beat MasterGT's times unless he redoes them.  >:(

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #218 on: August 04, 2018, 10:19:44 AM »

I did a GT Sport mode race last night for the first time since the penalty changes. There was a lot of argy bargy without people getting penalties. Has there been a decline in clean racing with the new penalty system?

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #219 on: August 05, 2018, 03:54:59 PM »

my experience w has been Sport races and clean races are two different things. I stay away
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #220 on: August 06, 2018, 07:32:16 AM »

Get out of the cellar .... excellent racing once you get a couple levels up from the bottom.  Those are the people that care about improving their ranking to race better drivers. The higher you go ... the better it gets. Lets say you are a C/D driver ... all it takes is a couple bad races to drop ranks.  It happens quickly and those intent on improving race drastically better.

The dumbasses in the cellar ranks will always be there ... its a chore to get out of there, but once you do, you should enjoy it.

Watch out for the Brazilians ....

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #221 on: August 06, 2018, 10:37:17 AM »

Getting out of D class is easier said than done. I'm not as fast as I once was.  I've gotten my safety rating up to S so I am racing mostly with S class drivers so you'd think that the racing would be clean but not so much.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #222 on: August 06, 2018, 11:56:40 AM »

Doc, be very picky about where you race. Avoid Brands, Tokyo, and the speedways at first for sure. Those are rank killers, due to it being so easy for wreckers.

I've only ran 20 sport mode races, and my DR is B, and SR is S. 4 wins, a few top fives, and kept my nose clean.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #223 on: August 16, 2018, 11:22:35 AM »

I was wondering why all the leader boards were empty for a lot of the offline events, haha.

I've experienced, for the most part, pretty clean racing.  And at the moment I'm a C driver (only been playing online for a few weeks).

The penalty system though, really pisses me off at times.  Last night (in warm up laps before qualifying thank God) I was rear ended by someone racing on a different line (he was outside of turn, I was inside).  I didn't dive bomb in, it was a very clean pass before the turn.  For whatever reason he came inside and bumped me from behind (not hard).  Result of that was a 2.000 sec penalty for me.   >:(    And back last week in FIA Nation's Cup race #2 I accidentally cut a bit too much over a curb through the S turns (tires gripped more than I expected) and I was slapped with a 4.000 second penalty.  I was in 2nd at the time, that pretty much did me in lol.

Is anyone else participating in the FIA cups right now?  Based off my friends list...I'm guessing no.  Anyway, I'm doing pretty well so far.  2 Triple Crowns and a 3rd place finish.  Still, I don't understand how the points system works at all.  I'm guessing it's more a combination of fast laps, passing for position, and higher level opponents?

PSN ID = dawson864
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Up