SupaTunaGT

• April 19, 2024, 01:26:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: GT on the big screen?  (Read 4387 times)

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: GT on the big screen?
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2013, 10:55:22 AM »

How can this translate to the big screen?  You need characters.  We dontz have many characters.  Simon Vettel and the NASCAR dude is about it.

Unless...  (Guess I will save that thought till I have a lobby open and we can have a coffee talk.  Unless I get too verklempt.)

No characters? Wat you talking about? We got translator dude!

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2013, 11:08:37 AM »

Ooh, I had another idea what it could be about.. it could end up being a Tron style movie!

Robert B. Speck was messing with some kind of virtual reality cockpit for the latest Gran Turismo game when he somehow digitizes himself and gets drawn into a virtual world!  Finding himself stuck in a lounge with an assortment of AI drivers waiting to race he discoveries the only way he can escape is to become a champion virtual car driver.

Nicknamed B-Spec Bob by the other AI our hero must race through various events in order to beat a mysterious "Player" and secure a ride back to reality, lest he become trapped in an endless cycle of Sunday Cup races at the wheel of a Nissan Leaf!

In the final race our hero keeps getting really sleepy and falling asleep at the wheel.  Things look really bleak until his girlfriend finds his virtual cockpit, picks up the controller and starts pressing "go faster" to wake him up.  He make a last second pass at the finish line saving him from certain doom.  But that's not it.  When he gets back to the real world, mysteriously a Nissan Leaf appears in his driveway and everyone lives happily ever after.  Just kidding, after the credits you see that he was not the only one to get back into the real world.  Thousands of GT AI drivers made it as well.  The movie ends with a scene of these drivers going 70kph in 100kph zones completely slowing down traffic and causing utter mahem.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2013, 11:48:54 AM »

I figure it will be something like this....

Canon Ball Run 1

... except without the comedy, cool characters, hot women, and the sorta based on real life story. Oh, and it will only have Nissans.    It will be a classic. I'm sure I'll get the dvd, bluray and 3D bluray for my movie collection. :-\

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2013, 12:53:40 PM »

Ooh, I had another idea what it could be about.. it could end up being a Tron style movie!

Robert B. Speck was messing with some kind of virtual reality cockpit for the latest Gran Turismo game when he somehow digitizes himself and gets drawn into a virtual world!  Finding himself stuck in a lounge with an assortment of AI drivers waiting to race he discoveries the only way he can escape is to become a champion virtual car driver.

Nicknamed B-Spec Bob by the other AI our hero must race through various events in order to beat a mysterious "Player" and secure a ride back to reality, lest he become trapped in an endless cycle of Sunday Cup races at the wheel of a Nissan Leaf!

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2013, 08:53:21 AM »

I was going to say how I agreed with everyone and how retarded a concept for a movie this is, ESPECIALLY since GT carries no actual story line as far as games, video or otherwise go...

Then I remember they made battleship, so I'm not surprised.
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2013, 09:18:32 AM »

I was going to say how I agreed with everyone and how retarded a concept for a movie this is, ESPECIALLY since GT carries no actual story line as far as games, video or otherwise go...

Then I remember they made battleship, so I'm not surprised.

which was about as stupid as a screen-door on a battleship.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2013, 09:19:06 AM »

At least since GT doesn't have a story, they can't get it completely wrong like they did with other movies like Max Payne.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2016, 01:19:45 PM »

Apparently, the movie is still in the works. I didn't even hear the word "soon", though.  :D

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up