• March 28, 2024, 03:36:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SNL Races  (Read 2036 times)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
SNL Races
« on: February 28, 2016, 01:05:27 PM »

First off I would like to thank Dude for running his Dolt night on Saturdays for a while. I enjoyed knowing there was something going on during my one free night a week. But planning burn out set in, perfectly understandable BTW but seeing as how Saturday is the only day I really get to drive anymore I am wanting to make sure there is something planned for me to run in on that day. So here the last couple of weeks I have been trying to host an event. Most weeks I will try to have the room open by 7-7:30 with actual event begining by 8 pm eastern. 
I will continue to make the announcements in this thread as well as sending out invites through PSN and GT6 messaging systems. I kind of stole the Saturday Night Live theme from Brindle who I hope does not mind as I think he saw it somewhere else to begin with. Anyhow that's the backstory here is what I am hoping to do in the near future.

Live from wherever the hell you are it's Saturday Night!! Featuring the Not Ready for Pro Racing Drivers.  :D

This is a list of potential upcoming events while not being an exact schedule I thought I would give the heads up on what is down the road in case anyone needs time to purchase and or prep cars or themselves.

1. Could you be the Stig's cousin then come on out and show us. Time Trials @ MayClarkHam track. It is a shared track I made that contains elements of the old Top Gear Test Track resulting in what I imagine their next show's test track will be like. Or not but it is what we be using for this week. Cars will be supplied by the rental garage with sports tires on lower tiered cars and racing tires on race cars. Ten minutes per tt, Just a couple of minutes between tt's to keep things moving. Also as a twist we will use the running alone setting maybe stressing the PSN systems a bit less with it only needing to communicate our times to each other. So everyone will run at the same time but we won't be able to see or draft off of each other it will be all about getting your best lap in.

2. Three guys that work at the same place all went and bought 2+2's. Who made the best purchase? First there is Ricky he is  labor and bought one of the BRZ/FR-S/ 86GT triplets. Then there is Richard who is in management he bought a BMW 135 and finally there is Dick who is the owner of the business and he got an Evora. All of them think they made they bought well and the others either spent too much or too little. But who is right? Let us get their cars out and decide for them. Specs will be  464 points with sports soft tires. Running on city courses. Expect 8-12 laps according to which track we are on.

3. Age old rivalry here in the U.S. has been pony cars. And we will keep that battle heated up by running the 2013 Mustang Boss 302 vs. 2010 Camaro SS. Specs for each car 1320 kilos and 464 hp on sport softs. Tracks I had in mind were Indy Road Course, Laguna Seca, Daytona Road Course, and HSR but am open to voting or suggestions along with these four.

4. FGT per Felds GimpyCar specs
Lounge HP Limit:  500
Lounge KG Limit:  700
Driving Aids Allowed:  Traction Control, ABS, Driving Line
Car Setup: Open
Tires:  Racing Medium
Tire / Fuel usage:  Normal
Grid:  Reverse grid based on previous results
Lap Count: 6 (more or less if needed)
Seeing as how these are challenging cars we may only run two possibly three tracks all night to allow for people to get settled in to their braking points etc..

5. Senna's F3 on Monza 80's and the Brands Hatch 80's courses as well as some of the Japanese courses.

6. 2013 Viper vs. 2014 Corvette 570 pp ss tires. Keeping with the American theme track would likely be Laguna, Daytona Road Course, Indy Road Course, HSR and then up for voting.

7. RB Jr ss tires run on all PD tracks I mean hell it is a fantasy car let's run it on all fantasy courses. Apricot Hill, Mid Field and the full Grand Valley then when have ran those three go and run them all in reverse.

8. Zytek Nissan at Sarthe, Spa, DRC was thinking of running a bit longer of races on these with tire wear on fast and leaving tire choices open. Maybe 15 minute timed races even.

9. Vision cars 540 pp open track voting.

10. Mx5 Cup Sportsman Class 270 hp any street Miata 950 kilos. SS tires at Silverstone National and International courses as well as Mount Panorama and Ascari.

11. Mx5 Cup Pro Class. Mx-5 Touring car maxed racing hard tires at same tracks as the Sportsman Class as above.

As I said at the begining of the post this is not an exact script of what is coming up or even the right order for that matter it does give everyone an idea of what is in the works.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 01:33:16 PM by BakedTuna »

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: SNL Races
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 01:48:35 AM »

In case anyone is wondering we are running the following:
1. Could you be the Stig's cousin then come on out and show us. Time Trials @ MayClarkHam track. It is a shared track I made that contains elements of the old Top Gear Test Track resulting in what I imagine their next show's test track will be like. Or not but it is what we be using for this week. Cars will be supplied by the rental garage with sports tires on lower tiered cars and racing tires on race cars. Ten minutes per tt, Just a couple of minutes between tt's to keep things moving. Also as a twist we will use the running alone setting maybe stressing the PSN systems a bit less with it only needing to communicate our times to each other. So everyone will run at the same time but we won't be able to see or draft off of each other it will be all about getting your best lap in.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 12:52:28 PM »

This week in case anyone is wondering:

RB Jr ss tires run on all PD tracks I mean hell it is a fantasy car let's run it on all fantasy courses. Apricot Hill, Mid Field and the full Grand Valley then when have ran those three go and run them all in reverse. At least 7 laps but no more than 10 laps. We will run 2 or 3 races on each course. I will open the room at 7:30 and that is for sure as they are not making me work Easter weekend.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 05:07:36 PM »

long weekend.. hope I can get out. also hope the server are compliant. Lately it just seems like more trouble than its worth. My tolerance for the bullshit is diminishing, though I remain an optimist
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 04:04:10 PM »

Optimism paid off  ;)
Rule #1 = Pay attention

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 01:21:31 AM »

This week I am going to keep it simple and everyone has at least a few cars that should fit the spec  ;)

It is a "roll your own" event any car at 420pp on sports hards. Tracks may be voted on but need to be 1.99 miles or less. See some of y'all there I hope.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 12:35:24 PM »

Sorry to anyone who was looking for me Saturday night. I got off work 12:30 am Friday night by time I got home was not in bed til nearly 2 am. Was back up at 6:30 am Saturday morning to go back to work. Worked 8:30 til 5. By time I got home I needed a nap and basically passed out for the night. It was my sixth six day week in about 9 or 10 weeks, good news it was my last one for a while bad news for the next 6-8 weeks I will be doing seven days a week. Not sure if I will be seeing anyone other than coworkers and family that still live with me during that time. Will have to see how much energy for fun stuff is during the next few weeks. If I don't get out much just know that I will return after this bout with a lot of work.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 04:46:54 PM »

that's a lot of work for an old guy. I didn't see anyone else waiting in the wings. Ended up having to go to town anyway.
Rule #1 = Pay attention
Pages: [1]   Go Up