SupaTunaGT

• March 28, 2024, 04:54:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with getting my T500RS working with GT Sport!  (Read 1789 times)

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
Help with getting my T500RS working with GT Sport!
« on: December 07, 2017, 01:00:58 PM »

Hello Tunas! I'm not sure if you all remember me, but I used to race with this school of fish a few years ago in GT5 and 6.  :)

I thought I had retired from sim racing, but after playing GT Sport at a friends house, I was very easily sold back into the franchise. I've had the game for a week now, and am still having issues getting my Thrustmaster T500 working in the game. The game says the wheel is fully supported, but not from what I'm seeing. The wheel still works perfectly in GT6, and has the most updated firmware and software, but nothing happens when it's plugged in to the PS4.

When I turn the game on and plug the wheel in, it turns on, spins left, then right, then re-centers, but nothing happens after that. Am I doing something wrong, for example; do I have to disable the hand held controller, or should the wheel be plugged in before I open the game, or is there a setting in the game that I'm missing? I'm just not sure that I'm missing a step that has never been required in the past?

On another note, the function of using the controller as a wheel (similar to Mario Kart), and the livery editor has kept me sane, and I can still enjoy some of the brilliance of the game.

I'm also beginning to think that there may be something wrong with the USB ports on the PS4 and am considering returning it for another unit; but wanted to check with you all first and see if there is a simple step that I may be missing.

Thanks for any tips or tricks, and I look forward to see you all online sometime soon!

Cheers!

PS: I just saw my handle after I hit post, LOL! This is SpecMiata-JSW in case you all forgot my Tuna handle.  :D

PeyePete

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
Re: Help with getting my T500RS working with GT Sport!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 02:16:01 PM »

Still no luck getting it working, I just plug in the wheel and controller and no issues.
You do need to use the controller to access the game, and the PS button on the wheel doesn't do anything, you have to use the controller to close GTS.
This is Old Geezzer from GT Planet.

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 02:32:41 PM »

Haha, oh hey Old Geezer! I had no idea that was you. Yeah, it took a few days and many computers to get the firmware updated, but that was finally done last night. The fix happened to be a new driver that Thrustmaster sent out this week. Unfortunately, the wheel still doesn't work, and from what you're saying I'm not doing anything wrong, so I'm really beginning to think it's the PS4.

Alternatively, I did order a DriveHub Racing Wheel Converter from Cronusmax to force the wheel to work, and if it still won't work with the Thrustmaster, it should work with one of the two Logitech DFGT's I have laying around. Unfortunately, the Drivehub is sold out, so I hope my order gets me one from the next shipment due in the next few days. We'll see.

Thanks!

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 04:09:08 PM »

The Cronusmax was a lifesaver for me as I'm still on a G25. Just have to remember to turn the PS4 controller off BEFORE plugging it into the Cronus... otherwise your wheel will randomly go dead mid-race.  >:(

Good luck and nice to have to back around Spec!

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 04:12:47 PM »

The Cronusmax was a lifesaver for me as I'm still on a G25. Just have to remember to turn the PS4 controller off BEFORE plugging it into the Cronus... otherwise your wheel will randomly go dead mid-race.  >:(

Good luck and nice to have to back around Spec!

Thanks Hotstepper! I really hope I can get it figured out without having to need the Wheelhub, so I can save the $90. Has anyone here heard of a PS4 not accepting wheels or other supported accessories? It's possible, right?

I think I'm going to trade the PS4 in for a different one on Saturday. I got a used one and bought the warranty, so trading it in shouldn't be an issue, it just sucks to have to download the game again. I'll keep you all informed.  :)

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 01:55:23 PM »

I cant help you with your wheel.  Sorry. 
I just wanted to say Hello Spec!  Long time no see old racing friend.
Good to see you again.

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 02:09:02 PM »

Hey Boston, great to hear from you! I hope to see you guys around soon, once I get my wheel issues figured out.

I traded my PS4 in for another one this afternoon, and the game is downloading as we speak, unfortunately, I’m heading out of town for an awards banquet, so I won’t test to see if the different PS4 does the trick until I get home late tonight.

I also heard back from Cronusmax on the wheel hub, and I’m in line to get it on this shipment, so worst case scenario, the wheel hub should do the trick and get me fully running with the wheel.

Lots of first world problems this week.  :)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 05:46:18 PM »

Hey Spec! PS4 only supports a few wheels. I picked up the $90 drive hub and I love it. I’m using it with my Fanatec CSW V2. No problems and super easy.

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017, 11:22:03 AM »

Hey there Dude Tuna!

Gents, guess what, it was the PS4 that was causing the issue, the original PS4 I got didn't work with the wheel, but the other one I got works just fine. Wow, what a bunch of troubleshooting for an issue with the PlayStation. Who would have thunk?

I am still going to get re-acclimated to the offline stuff, then activate my PlayStation Plus account and join you guys online. See you hopefully sometime soon!

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2017, 11:36:10 AM »

Glad you got it figured out Spec.

Look forward to watching you pull away from me.  :)
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2017, 01:04:34 PM »

Haha, we'll see. I'm a bit rusty, which is why I'm spending time finding my way again in the offline world.
Pages: [1]   Go Up