SupaTunaGT

• April 19, 2024, 06:18:54 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: TunaPitReject's Touring Planning Thread (Not a Race Thread, Planning Only)  (Read 5639 times)

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna

So there was some talk last night about turning the current Strathound Touring Challenge into a regular Tuna event. I don't want to step on any toes. I'm still very new here. But if there is interest in a weekly touring event, I'd be happy to take what we've got going and start posting dates here. Again, I'm happy to run these over on the Playstation Community. I believe it was Dude and Sniper that mentioned this. So I just wanted to open it up for some discussion.

We talked about Wednesday nights. But I sometimes go out and jam on Weds nights. So Monday might be better for me.

Thoughts?

Michael

P.S. I don't want to own this thing. I'd rather we all collectively throw new ideas into the hat so we keep it fun and interesting. Good racing is good.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 10:42:11 AM by TunaPitReject »

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: TunaPit Touring Challenge
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 10:05:29 AM »

Let me know if you want a separate area for these (Like "Neptune's Domain", "Legit's Tuna Casserole", "Brindle's Barn", and "Sitting Duck Racing")

To do that I need:

1) What to call it
2) Description

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 10:13:53 AM »

I don't want to break from tradition ... but ... in all honesty, I think we'll have like ... one thread per week. I'd kind of like to post them here, if that's ok.    :-\

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 10:21:40 AM »

I think BakedTuna was planning on running a Spec-Miata series on Wednesdays so Mondays would probably be best.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 10:25:13 AM »

I don't want to break from tradition ... but ... in all honesty, I think we'll have like ... one thread per week. I'd kind of like to post them here, if that's ok.    :-\

No problemo...  We're adaptable....   A separate area just makes things easy to find once you have a "fan base"...  

In case you hadn't noticed, we tend to get as much visitor traffic as with members.    It used to be that Visitor traffic was always more - but in moving websites we lost some of the lurkers.  I am sure they will find us again if they want.

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 10:36:48 AM »

I think BakedTuna was planning on running a Spec-Miata series on Wednesdays so Mondays would probably be best.

Cool. We can call it ... MAD MIKE MONDAYS!!!!

It's crazy up in he-ah:

:jimi:

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 02:06:22 PM »

First, his post over at the Deathstar...(simplified by me)

Cars: Touring Modified (any style production Street cars - 6 cylinders or less)
276hp / 1300kg / 450pp
Tires: Racing Soft
Mods: All are allowed (except RM)
Engine Power Reduction: Allowed
Weight Ballast: Allowed
Track - changes week to week

main things I've skipped...etiquette (he mentioned iRacing rules), qualifying, schedule.

The basic setup is good. Fun cars. Perhaps one month 450pp, next month 500pp, next month 475pp. This could include HP going up to 325 or even 350. It's nice to change it up once in a while. The only restrictions are no race cars, no RM cars, no Concepts, and no 'Tuner' cars (Amuse, Spoon, etc). Like it says...production street cars. I like these ideas.

The question now is...is it a race series, or our usual show up run fun racing with the gang.

If it's a show up have fun setup, qualifying is almost irrelevant, and etiquette is simple...Race Clean, Have Fun. Schedule? Pick the number of laps and run 2 or 3 races per hour. Keep it flowing.

If it is a series, etiquette is still pretty much the same, but you just have to decide on a qualifying format, just keep it simple. Schedule? I haven't been in an actual race series yet, so I don't know what's good here. It would be cool though to have a ~45 minute race as the main event. It would also be cool to invite non-series participants out after the race to run shorter races, kind of like the above 'show up have fun' setup

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 02:12:56 PM »

Based on what we talked about last night, it would be a "Show Up And Have Fun" kind of racing and social event.

Question is ... would you still want folks from the Deathstar to be able to join? Should I cross-post the events there? If so, then having some statement of bare minimum expectations for etiquette is probably a good thing ... mostly for the new folks that maybe don't get what clean driving means.

MS

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 02:16:53 PM »

Also, regarding schedule, tracks, PP limits, etc ...

My theory is that it's less fun if I decide what those should be. I don't want to dictate. I'd like this to be something where someone comes in here one day and says ... "lets bump up the PP this week". Ok. Cool. Or "lets change the class of car to blah". Sure. We have a formula that we know works. These cars are fun to drive. So when tricking it up gets old, we go back to the old standards. Rinse repeat.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 02:26:26 PM »

Based on what we talked about last night, it would be a "Show Up And Have Fun" kind of racing and social event.

Question is ... would you still want folks from the Deathstar to be able to join? Should I cross-post the events there? If so, then having some statement of bare minimum expectations for etiquette is probably a good thing ... mostly for the new folks that maybe don't get what clean driving means.

MS

Good thinking about rules. It is good to post something. My tip...don't post a link or a video to give rules. Either type them out or copy/paste.

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 02:42:42 PM »

Ok, well I'm not going to get all of this setup by this Monday. I'm musical director for a music festival this weekend. And I'm swamped. But we can agree to get together online on Monday for some informal driving and discussion of the event. Sound good?

MS

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 03:08:13 PM »

Monday sounds good.  Also just to clarify something on the rules, are we still going with "no MR cars" as was discussed a bit on the PSN thread or let that slide now that we've had a chance to test out some more cars and in actual race situations?

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 03:13:28 PM »

Monday sounds good.  Also just to clarify something on the rules, are we still going with "no MR cars" as was discussed a bit on the PSN thread or let that slide now that we've had a chance to test out some more cars and in actual race situations?

What we have on the PSN thread represents one possible race. There may be several variations on this, one of those variations may include MR cars. But right now, we're sticking with what's on the PSN thread.

MS

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 04:27:50 PM »

MS

I like show up and have fun! Cross posting is excellent, keep it open and more can enjoy.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 06:11:09 PM »

MS

I like show up and have fun! Cross posting is excellent, keep it open and more can enjoy.

Just make sure to steer clear of "cross dressing".

Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up