SupaTunaGT

• April 19, 2024, 03:21:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: TunaPitReject's Touring Planning Thread (Not a Race Thread, Planning Only)  (Read 5638 times)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: TunaPit Touring Challenge
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 06:20:58 PM »

Just make sure to steer clear of "cross dressing".

Ok     

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 06:32:48 PM »

Just make sure to steer clear of "cross dressing".

Ok     

Oh..., ya...about that. I can explain. I was just trying to get these crazy hillbillies to beat each other up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQQGSsI87kA
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 11:47:18 PM »

:teehee

UCanTuna

• Mr. Man
  • The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Say whaaaaat?
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2011, 07:40:19 AM »

I like where this discussion is going. I think, to start, an informal event would serve as a nice introduction to the kind of racing we're involved in. Set some simple guidelines (which you've done) and allow folks to bring anything they can make fit. If it gets attention and a regular following, more formal procedures can be introduced.

I've also heard mention of locating the event on HSR on a permanent basis. I LOVE that idea. And I also love the idea of posting this on PSN. That's something we've discussed recently... returning to PSN to promote our events. I just can't bring myself to do it, but if TPR would be willing to maintain an announcement thread for this event... that would be excellent!
Did you just say "Djibouti"?

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2011, 09:55:39 PM »

Just a heads up ... probably won't officially start this Monday. I've committed to racing in another race on Monday. But we'll pick this up the following week, give me some time to launch it properly.

MS

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2011, 09:19:53 AM »

Maybe if there's enough folks interested we can get an unofficial practice session going again like last week, some practice laps to test out different cars / setups interspersed with some 10 lap races for some competitive fun.  I know I could certainly use the practice  :laugh.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2011, 08:47:40 AM »

Maybe if there's enough folks interested we can get an unofficial practice session going again like last week, some practice laps to test out different cars / setups interspersed with some 10 lap races for some competitive fun.  I know I could certainly use the practice  :laugh.

I'm down with more practice/ 10 lap races. I will look for you guys during the week.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2011, 09:27:11 AM »

I like where this discussion is going. I think, to start, an informal event would serve as a nice introduction to the kind of racing we're involved in. Set some simple guidelines (which you've done) and allow folks to bring anything they can make fit. If it gets attention and a regular following, more formal procedures can be introduced.

I've also heard mention of locating the event on HSR on a permanent basis. I LOVE that idea. And I also love the idea of posting this on PSN. That's something we've discussed recently... returning to PSN to promote our events. I just can't bring myself to do it, but if TPR would be willing to maintain an announcement thread for this event... that would be excellent!

:stoopid:

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2011, 09:56:29 AM »

Re: HSR on a permanent basis...

Whatever yall want to do is fine by me. I'd prefer not to **force** it to be permanent. I'd rather it be the choice of those that frequent the event. But if those people want HSRR every single week, and that keeps them coming back, then sure, HSRR every week. One nice thing about that is the racing will get tighter and tighter each week, and I love that.

MS

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2011, 10:11:16 AM »

You should switch it up between doing HSR forward and reverse. It's a fun track in either direction, and has to be treated differently.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2011, 10:21:00 AM »

Whatever yall want to do is fine by me. I'd prefer not to **force** it to be permanent. I'd rather it be the choice of those that frequent the event. But if those people want HSRR every single week, and that keeps them coming back, then sure, HSRR every week. One nice thing about that is the racing will get tighter and tighter each week, and I love that.

MS

It's your event, so you get to determine whether it's HSR all the time or not. Having said that, I could run HSR all night once a week easily. Maybe twice.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2011, 10:55:20 AM »

:dunno   maybe HSR-forward on EVEN weeks; HSR-Reverse on ODD ones?      ;)

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2011, 11:00:45 AM »

MS

It's your event, so you get to determine whether it's HSR all the time or not. Having said that, I could run HSR all night once a week easily. Maybe twice.

That's the thing man, if we do this right, it's not my event, it's OUR event. That will give it the greatest chance of longevity. We'll run HSR frontwards and backwards until someone wants to do something different. I love the track. I'll let you know when I'm ready for a change.   :)

MS

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2011, 11:08:32 AM »

It's been the home track since before GT5...   I think a weekly open event at our home turf is a great way to showcase what we offer...   Close, fast, clean, FUN racing!!!  

Putting the GT World on notice...

"Resistance is futile.  You will be assimilated..."

Welcome to the "Dark Side"

« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 11:13:37 AM by CharlieTuna »

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2011, 03:20:00 PM »

I like the idea of running HSR in both directions, from an online noob's perspective I found the practice sessions we ran the other week to be a great introduction to online racing as well as the Tuna folks I met there (in fact that was how I found out about this place!).

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up