SupaTunaGT

• April 20, 2024, 09:04:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Linked Events

• The Undie-anapolis 500: May 27, 2011
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: The Undy 500 by Hanes  (Read 5459 times)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: The Undy 500 by Hanes
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2011, 09:29:42 AM »

I'm going to try to do this.  I don't know pay much attention to who's actually racing in the real race, but Gordie Johncock was always my favorite as a kid, so I'll take him.  Wait, I'm old and he's probably retired, so I have no idea who my 'partner' will be.  How about Seattle Slew.

Shit, wrong kind of racing.  Ummm, I have no idea.  Is Will Power (love the name) or Vitor Meira (love the name) still available?  I'll take either if they are.

Is this a run what you brung event?  Any PP limits or tire limits or any limits of any kind. 

What's a good lap time?

I would like for everyone to declare their real life counterpart by Friday at 8 PM here in this thread. And real life drivers can be chosen by multiple Undy drivers.

Both drivers are still available you call it. As for tuning have at it throw all the parts at it you want. Racing tires on a formula Gt car is it. As for lap times haven't a clue just thought this sounded fun.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2011, 10:18:40 AM »

What's a good lap time?

Saw a couple high 38's last night while setting up/practicing.  Low to mid 39's being the norm.  All in clean air.

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2011, 11:03:55 AM »

What's a good lap time?

I Saw a couple high 38's last night while setting up/practicing.  Low to mid 39's being the norm.  All in clean air.
Fixed!

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2011, 11:11:00 AM »

I'm going to try to do this.  I don't know pay much attention to who's actually racing in the real race, but Gordie Johncock was always my favorite as a kid, so I'll take him.  Wait, I'm old and he's probably retired, so I have no idea who my 'partner' will be.  How about Seattle Slew.

Shit, wrong kind of racing.  Ummm, I have no idea.  Is Will Power (love the name) or Vitor Meira (love the name) still available?  I'll take either if they are.

Is this a run what you brung event?  Any PP limits or tire limits or any limits of any kind. 

What's a good lap time?

I would like for everyone to declare their real life counterpart by Friday at 8 PM here in this thread. And real life drivers can be chosen by multiple Undy drivers.

Both drivers are still available you call it. As for tuning have at it throw all the parts at it you want. Racing tires on a formula Gt car is it. As for lap times haven't a clue just thought this sounded fun.

Will Power for me.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2011, 11:26:15 AM »

What's a good lap time?

Saw a couple high 38's last night while setting up/practicing.  Low to mid 39's being the norm.  All in clean air.

In my test last night 38.686 was my best lap in clean air. You get about 35 laps out of a tank of gas and make sure you have plenty of gear for drafting.  You speed up fast. 255mph gearing is not enough in the draft. Maybe 275mph or 285mph. I'm still testing racing in the draft.

If time permits, I may also do some more testing tonight.

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2011, 12:31:06 PM »

CHIT!    >:(   My significant (Most of the time) Other has informed me that we have tickets to a Crab and Shrimp Feast tonight at the Tall Cedars Hall.  $40 bucks a person. :eek   HOWEVER, that price includes beer, wine and set-ups, Steamed/fried shrimp, Steamed crabs, crab cakes, crab soup, mac and cheese, potato salad, cole slaw, green beans, and all of the fixins.   

Why is it that every time I sign up for a fun race, something gets in the way?  I'll have to beg out, dammit.   I REALLY wanted to run this one.  Sorry Baked, I know we spent at least a couple of hours last night testing and running.  Hope it helped.  :-\  It just pisses me off that I spent so much effort into testing and running and now won't have the chance to race.  Maybe I could put a little powdered laxative in her drink - ::) :nono Nah, probably not a good Idea. :-\  I would really like to run another "Indy/Undie 500" soon.

Have fun tonight, all, and Scott Dixon is still open to anybody who wants him as a partner.

NinjaTuna

• SkipJack Tuna
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2011, 12:39:46 PM »

I'm going with Scott Dixon - See everyone there!

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2011, 12:49:43 PM »

I will not be home in time to make it on track with everyone. Would anyone mind if drop in and watch some of the racing?

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2011, 02:42:05 PM »

I will not be home in time to make it on track with everyone. Would anyone mind if drop in and watch some of the racing?

Possibly a little commentary?

Brindle

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2011, 03:34:54 PM »

you seem to usually show up around 9:00pm (6:00pm pdt).  Can only speak for myself, but I have no problem waiting 30 mins for you to arrive.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2011, 03:45:33 PM »

you seem to usually show up around 9:00pm (6:00pm pdt).  Can only speak for myself, but I have no problem waiting 30 mins for you to arrive.

ditto... I don't mind waiting a bit.... got all night, probably better for me even
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2011, 03:55:28 PM »

Looks like I'm going to miss this no matter what time it starts.   :(

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2011, 04:00:19 PM »

Thank you for the offer to wait, but I'm not sure what time I can make it home tonight.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2011, 04:59:09 PM »

What's a good lap time?

In my test last night 38.686 was my best lap in clean air. You get about 35 laps out of a tank of gas and make sure you have plenty of gear for drafting.  You speed up fast. 255mph gearing is not enough in the draft. Maybe 275mph or 285mph. I'm still testing racing in the draft.

If time permits, I may also do some more testing tonight.

Care to share some notes, I'm running a half second behind you.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2011, 05:26:56 PM »

If your high 38s or low 39s I think you'll be fine. When I ran the 38.6 I had minimum aero camber set to 2.5 and 1.5. Only problem is once I started trying longer runs I discovered the car likes to spin out.  I've since made adjustments and I now run consistant 38.8s and 38.7s on low fuel.

This is my current tune:
Racing Soft tires
Aero - front 40 rear 60
suspension default except toe is 0,0
Gears: Final 3.522
1st 6.714
2nd 4.393
3rd 3.159
4th 2.367
5th 1.849
6th 1.505
7th 1.298

I race in 6th and drafting over 250mph I change to 7th which should be good up to about 295mph.  Which is hopefully enough. I did not have a chance to test my current 7th gear. I just know if it was much shorter I'd hit the rev limiter at 275mph and if I set it much higher my car does not pick up sufficient speed in the draft.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up