• April 18, 2024, 11:43:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: 05/30/11 Monday Tuna Touring Challenge - HSR Reverse (276hp/1300kg/450PP)  (Read 7396 times)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna

Just uncheck the box for Fixed Host.

Ok. But those 4Letter guys said that was bad.     :-\

That's how I set last Saturday's Drive-In and it seemed to work fine.

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna

That's how I set last Saturday's Drive-In and it seemed to work fine.

Ok, we'll try that and see. As I recall, the issue is that some folks who were connecting via wireless router were having problems when it wasn't set to fixed. We'll try it and see.

MS

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna

I double dog dare SandwichLord to show up and race.      8)

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy

I double dog dare SandwichLord to show up and race.      8)

Becareful what you wish for.

Also, I run on a wireless setup, so I pay attention for any troubles.

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte

Hmmm, I'd better test it before Monday. What kind of times are you getting on the track?

MS

That directed to me?

My bad, the wife in my ear did not read that correctly. I honestly do not know, I have a disliking to HSR and thus do not run it with any frequency. That picture was a long time ago and a lap done specifically for the picture it wasn't serious lol.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

Rated-M3

• Yellowfin Tuna
  • Because race car

Hey Reject, what time zone are you in?  This is non offensive and a personal preference (don't know if others agree) but can you do away with that west coast starting time bullshit.  Us folks on the East have to sleep bruh.  How about 7 or 8pm Est until whenever.  Those late start times is why I can't race with them other folks.

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy

Hey Reject, what time zone are you in?  This is non offensive and a personal preference (don't know if others agree) but can you do away with that west coast starting time bullshit.  Us folks on the East have to sleep bruh.  How about 7 or 8pm Est until whenever.  Those late start times is why I can't race with them other folks.

Those of us on the west coast appreciate the "starting time bullshit." Most on the west coast are still at work at 7 or 8pm Est. But thanks for thinking about us. ;)

Rated-M3

• Yellowfin Tuna
  • Because race car

The only reason I say its bullshit is because there's almost no consideration for the east.  Say Joe Blow gets on to race at 7pm Pac, and finishes up at 10PM.  Friend John Doe wants to race the entire time with Joe Blow but because of the time difference, John is racing at 10PM-1AM. 

I know it has almost become a standard for this start time but this isn't a league event.  Everyone can get in when they can.  More than likely there will be overlap or some still might not get on until 9pm.  Plus there's an invitation at the deathstar.  Some kiddies might have bedtime and what not.

Just my 2cent.  Like I said it wasn't meant to be offensive but I think it has become an adopted standard to choose start times for events in perspective of west coast gamers... :(

War_Hound

• Longtail Tuna
  • Steering: DFGT Voice: Turtlebeach Wireless

I'm in MDT so the 7PM Eastern start times are way early for me, hell i'm still driving home from work at 7 EST.  :o

my .02...

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.

Well I've been in this event since it was originally posted on PSN as strat's challenge, and after looking around here a little bit and seeing war_hound hop on over, you've got another convert.  Look forward to racing with you all, PsychoPhreak on PSN, anything else, well just guess!
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy

The only reason I say its bullshit is because there's almost no consideration for the east.  Say Joe Blow gets on to race at 7pm Pac, and finishes up at 10PM.  Friend John Doe wants to race the entire time with Joe Blow but because of the time difference, John is racing at 10PM-1AM. 

I know it has almost become a standard for this start time but this isn't a league event.  Everyone can get in when they can.  More than likely there will be overlap or some still might not get on until 9pm.  Plus there's an invitation at the deathstar.  Some kiddies might have bedtime and what not.

Just my 2cent.  Like I said it wasn't meant to be offensive but I think it has become an adopted standard to choose start times for events in perspective of west coast gamers... :(

No offense taken Rated. Though I address some of what you mentioned, the rant below is not specifically directed at you. Really, it’s not.

For years now, we (West Coasters) have had to deal with events starting on eastern times, some as early as 4pm PST. Not all gamers live in Mom's basement, some actually have real jobs. If a typical work day, say, ends at 5pm, and we are generous and allow an hour for commute time, its 6pm before some can even fire up their machines. Throw in a little time to spend with the family, maybe eat some dinner and now we are at 7pm PST easy. You are worried about having to stay up late? I'm more interested in just being able to make the race! No consideration for the East? Please, the trend has always been to schedule with the east in mind.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna

Regardless of what is or isn't bullshit M3, it would be good to have some who are able start the racing room around 7 or 8 eastern so those folks in the east can get some racing in before bed time. I know league racing needs to start late to accomodate west coast drivers, which is one reason I stopped running league events. The answer for open style events is to have them start early and end late. You don't have to make every race, show up and have fun when you can.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 09:13:47 AM by TurboTuna »

War_Hound

• Longtail Tuna
  • Steering: DFGT Voice: Turtlebeach Wireless

Welcome my Phreaky friend! Good to see you here.

Well I've been in this event since it was originally posted on PSN as strat's challenge, and after looking around here a little bit and seeing war_hound hop on over, you've got another convert.  Look forward to racing with you all, PsychoPhreak on PSN, anything else, well just guess!

Rated-M3

• Yellowfin Tuna
  • Because race car

The answer for open style events is to have them start early and end late. You don't have to make every race, show up and have fun when you can.

So how about we try this concept and run it on "extended hours."  I've noticed that timing is a flaw in a lot of organization's events, sometimes one simply can't get online at all during a set date.  I think by extending the hours, their may be more pro's then cons.

Pro's
- Early birds can get on without having to wait
- As mentioned, some can actually play a little before bedtime
- Event will be up and running before west coasters get on.  They'll be able to enter the race with participants already rolling.
- A wider time frame opens up potential participation, especially advertised on the deathstar. Potential to gain interest by simply stopping by and checking it out.

Con's
- Some 'core' people may get tired and not be able to last the entire event.
- Maybe low participant count at certain points of the time frame.

Thoughts?  I'm not trying to take over anything but I think consideration for all American players would be a plus to further improve events.  As for other's in different countries, a wider time frame may make it possible to catch some part of the event.

Off-subject, I see there's hp/kg & PP restriction, Which one do we set the car up for?

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy

With the event consisting of short 10 lappers, extending the hours would be a great solution.

Stupid timezones!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up