SupaTunaGT

• April 26, 2024, 04:04:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: 05/30/11 Monday Tuna Touring Challenge - HSR Reverse (276hp/1300kg/450PP)  (Read 7400 times)

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.

Welcome my Phreaky friend! Good to see you here.

Thanks, good to be here, seems like it's gonna be a lot of fun.

I've also run a few times with DesertSniper, so at least I don't feel like a total noob (and no, I won't fall for the SMUT initiation either!)
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

War_Hound

• Longtail Tuna
  • Steering: DFGT Voice: Turtlebeach Wireless

hey thanks for the surprise last night.

oh that sounds bad... it was a secret weapon for the race, get your mind out of the gutter...

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy

Welcome TunaPhreak. With a name like that, i'm sure you will fit right in with this crowd. Being a freak is the order of the day. Everyday!

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna

Thoughts?  I'm not trying to take over anything but I think consideration for all American players would be a plus to further improve events.  As for other's in different countries, a wider time frame may make it possible to catch some part of the event.

What about us Canadians? Can we run some of the races on ice and change the speeds to km/h? Why do I say this stupid shit? --- It's fun.

Rated-M3

• Yellowfin Tuna
  • Because race car

Thoughts?  I'm not trying to take over anything but I think consideration for all American players would be a plus to further improve events.  As for other's in different countries, a wider time frame may make it possible to catch some part of the event.

What about us Canadians? Can we run some of the races on ice and change the speeds to km/h? Why do I say this stupid shit? --- It's fun.

Don't worry the term "Americans" is referencing all of North America, (South America has similar time zones but me no speaky spanish [I actually do])  Maybe North Americaners is the correct term?

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna

The answer for open style events is to have them start early and end late. You don't have to make every race, show up and have fun when you can.

So how about we try this concept and run it on "extended hours."  I've noticed that timing is a flaw in a lot of organization's events, sometimes one simply can't get online at all during a set date.  I think by extending the hours, their may be more pro's then cons.

Off-subject, I see there's hp/kg & PP restriction, Which one do we set the car up for?

Great ideas guys. Just one little hitch ... who can host at the earlier time? Are you volunteering? If so, sure, go for it. Just post that you'll have a room up early for the east coasters and coordinate it. We'll come join you when we get online.

As for the restrictions, they all apply. So the room host can change it from HP to PP at any time to check. If you get booted, then you were cheating.   :)

MS

Rated-M3

• Yellowfin Tuna
  • Because race car

The answer for open style events is to have them start early and end late. You don't have to make every race, show up and have fun when you can.

So how about we try this concept and run it on "extended hours."  I've noticed that timing is a flaw in a lot of organization's events, sometimes one simply can't get online at all during a set date.  I think by extending the hours, their may be more pro's then cons.

Off-subject, I see there's hp/kg & PP restriction, Which one do we set the car up for?

Great ideas guys. Just one little hitch ... who can host at the earlier time? Are you volunteering? If so, sure, go for it. Just post that you'll have a room up early for the east coasters and coordinate it. We'll come join you when we get online.

As for the restrictions, they all apply. So the room host can change it from HP to PP at any time to check. If you get booted, then you were cheating.   :)

MS

We'll see how Monday plays out.  If I get the oppurtunity, or the weather sucks, I'll get the room up around 7 or 8pm.

As for the restrictions how does that work exactly?  Is the hp/kg consistent with 450pp for all vehicles?  PP also takes into consideration aero and ballast position which could bite someone who meets hp/kg requirements.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna

In other words, you have to comply to HP, KG, And PP limits.

my examples...
I have an RX8 I think at 276/1310 at about 440PP.
I have a Z car at about 250/1300 that's at 450PP.
That's how those cars will be driven. At or below all 3 limits.

My 330i and Supra SZ-R actually match all 3 limits exactly.

Rated-M3

• Yellowfin Tuna
  • Because race car

Got cha thanks.

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy

I had to go through my cars last night because I didn't catch the 450pp limit. I'm now good to go, though my times will surely suffer.

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna

In other words, you have to comply to HP, KG, And PP limits.

my examples...
I have an RX8 I think at 276/1310 at about 440PP.
I have a Z car at about 250/1300 that's at 450PP.
That's how those cars will be driven. At or below all 3 limits.

My 330i and Supra SZ-R actually match all 3 limits exactly.

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna

Quick Note: I just updated the OP to include AWD cars. That was an unintentional omission.

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna

Got cha thanks.

Just wanted to mentioned, the smaller BMW (128i?) can meet the weight requirements and is probably middle of the pack in terms of speed once modified. Decent little car. I've raded it a couple of times against the others and done ok.

MS

War_Hound

• Longtail Tuna
  • Steering: DFGT Voice: Turtlebeach Wireless

did we decide what to do with the BMW Tii prize car? Is it in or out.

I have to break 1:12 I just have to, I'm tired of turning mid 1:12's and 1:13's... >:(
i need something with more grunt coming out of the corners, a little discipline wouldn't hurt either..... slow in fast out.... c'mon say it again.

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna

did we decide what to do with the BMW Tii prize car? Is it in or out.

I have to break 1:12 I just have to, I'm tired of turning mid 1:12's and 1:13's... >:(
i need something with more grunt coming out of the corners, a little discipline wouldn't hurt either..... slow in fast out.... c'mon say it again.

I think we tested it and didn't see a major speed advantage. I'll try again tonight. But I think technically it's a concept car, right?

And yes, hound, you'll get down into the 1'11"s. It's not the car. You know what to do. Remember, in the first turn, come off the gas on the entry a bit, then floor it WFO. Stay off the curbing, but keep the high line and be smooth. Don't be jerky. Exit speed should be around 133mph. And in your S-Turns, the second turn is most important. Go slower in the first one to keep right and hold a tight line. Then get on the gas as early as you can on the second S before the apex and hold it WFO again the rest of the way. You should eventually reach 153mph down the straight after all that time to accelerate before you have to come off the gas again for the banked right hander.

You'll get it. If you're still struggling, we'll do some more practice laps and I'll bark at you some more for going wide in that first S turn.   :)

MS

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up