SupaTunaGT

• May 01, 2024, 02:55:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: 05/30/11 Monday Tuna Touring Challenge - HSR Reverse (276hp/1300kg/450PP)  (Read 7415 times)

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna

Just wanted to mentioned, the smaller BMW (128i?) can meet the weight requirements and is probably middle of the pack in terms of speed once modified. Decent little car. I've raded it a couple of times against the others and done ok.

MS

There's the Premium BMW 135i which could have weight removed and HP lowered just a touch (I think stock is 311hp), I don't know how well that does, and there's also the Standard BMW 120i and 120d (if you want the diesel version) which are both pretty good.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

War_Hound

• Longtail Tuna
  • Steering: DFGT Voice: Turtlebeach Wireless

did we decide what to do with the BMW Tii prize car? Is it in or out.

I have to break 1:12 I just have to, I'm tired of turning mid 1:12's and 1:13's... >:(
i need something with more grunt coming out of the corners, a little discipline wouldn't hurt either..... slow in fast out.... c'mon say it again.

yup, it's a concept car...

I think we tested it and didn't see a major speed advantage. I'll try again tonight. But I think technically it's a concept car, right?

And yes, hound, you'll get down into the 1'11"s. It's not the car. You know what to do. Remember, in the first turn, come off the gas on the entry a bit, then floor it WFO. Stay off the curbing, but keep the high line and be smooth. Don't be jerky. Exit speed should be around 133mph. And in your S-Turns, the second turn is most important. Go slower in the first one to keep right and hold a tight line. Then get on the gas as early as you can on the second S before the apex and hold it WFO again the rest of the way. You should eventually reach 153mph down the straight after all that time to accelerate before you have to come off the gas again for the banked right hander.

You'll get it. If you're still struggling, we'll do some more practice laps and I'll bark at you some more for going wide in that first S turn.   :)

MS

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna

There's the Premium BMW 135i which could have weight removed and HP lowered just a touch (I think stock is 311hp), I don't know how well that does, and there's also the Standard BMW 120i and 120d (if you want the diesel version) which are both pretty good.

That's the one, the 135i. And if I recall, those 120i's are pretty dang fast too, you gotta find them in the used car lot though.

MS

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna

I'll try and be there. I just gotta find a good car.

S2000
RX8
hhhmmmm?

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna

I'll try and be there. I just gotta find a good car.

S2000
RX8
hhhmmmm?

Here are some cars I've tested with setups and tunings (click the pic to view details):

Ford Focus

Honda S2000

Nissan 300ZX

MS

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna

I had to go through my cars last night because I didn't catch the 450pp limit. I'm now good to go, though my times will surely suffer.

I just hope it slows your Z4 M down to around 1'11.0xx.  :)

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna

I had to go through my cars last night because I didn't catch the 450pp limit. I'm now good to go, though my times will surely suffer.

I just hope it slows your Z4 M down to around 1'11.0xx.  :)

Hmm, I'll have to check one of my FF cars.. it was close to that Z4 M for a "fastest lap", but it ate tires up like a hungry hippo if I tried to lap that fast for any length of time.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna

Hey fellas!  Figured it was high time I crashed this party.

Looking forward to the upcoming race(s).

Is the 135i in the Premium dealership?  For some reason I thought it wasn't.  I don't like the way it looks, but I like the way it drives. >:(

PSN ID = dawson864

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy

Welcome Wolfpack.

Also, the 135i is in the new car dealership.

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna

Hey fellas!  Figured it was high time I crashed this party.

Looking forward to the upcoming race(s).

Is the 135i in the Premium dealership?  For some reason I thought it wasn't.  I don't like the way it looks, but I like the way it drives. >:(

With a name like WolfpackS2k, and you're gonna drive a Beemer?    :'(

BTW, in case it isn't well known, S2K == S2000.   :)

MS

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna

Haha, so true.  Though i carried the S2000 flag in that recent race against the 350Z even though the 350Z was the faster choice :D

I am not a fan of how the S2000 drives on those banked turns!  Maybe it's b/c I'm still using a DS3 controller but I can't tame that beast for the life of me.  Good thing that's not the case IRL...or I'd be dead :-X

PSN ID = dawson864

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna

Haha, so true.  Though i carried the S2000 flag in that recent race against the 350Z even though the 350Z was the faster choice :D

I am not a fan of how the S2000 drives on those banked turns!  Maybe it's b/c I'm still using a DS3 controller but I can't tame that beast for the life of me.  Good thing that's not the case IRL...or I'd be dead :-X

They needed racing suspension and a wing.    :)

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna

I know RM'd cars are not allowed but what if we don't do the RM and just do the regular upgrades to an RMable car?

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna

I know RM'd cars are not allowed but what if we don't do the RM and just do the regular upgrades to an RMable car?

Sure, go for it. All non-RM mods are allowed. Throw that racing suspension on there. Do as many engine mods as you like. Drop dual turbos and a supercharger and some nitros. It's all good. But at the end of the day, it's gotta meet the 276hp / 1300kg / 450pp restrictions. The weight is a minimum. The hp and PP are maximums.

:)

Oh, and have fun.  :D

MS

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up