• April 18, 2024, 06:33:03 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Linked Events

• 06/06/11 Monday Tuna Touring: June 06, 2011
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 06/06/11 Monday Tuna Touring Challenge - HSR Reverse (276hp/1300kg/450PP)  (Read 2303 times)

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy

Must have been the place to be because I had trouble getting past security at the front door. For some reason,
they didn't believe I was with the band. I was finally able to sneak in while the bouncer was occupied with a big boobed hottie, but they caught up with me before the the 2rd lap was done and threw me out. I wasn't able to get back in after that.

Also, a room of 10 would fill up quickly around these parts. Any chance of getting a bigger room?

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna

That was some good racing for sure, I think I was partly sponsored by John Deere last night though as I managed to trim the grass on a number of occasions so my apologies to those that got caught up in my lawncare exploits.  Racing was generally very tight though and a lot of fun!

Here's a selection of shots I took from a couple of different replays I saved..

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Rated-M3

• Yellowfin Tuna
  • Because race car

Here's a selection of shots I took from a couple of different replays I saved..

Ah, what a beaut!  "Bling bling, everytime I come around the... apex, bling bling."  Had fun in my only race, grateful you didn't capture any pics after I savagedly beat my front bumper.

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna

Must have been the place to be because I had trouble getting past security at the front door. For some reason,
they didn't believe I was with the band. I was finally able to sneak in while the bouncer was occupied with a big boobed hottie, but they caught up with me before the the 2rd lap was done and threw me out. I wasn't able to get back in after that.

Also, a room of 10 would fill up quickly around these parts. Any chance of getting a bigger room?

Well, first of all, the problem was that we couldn't get you in the room. And part of the reason for that is we were in an Open Lounge and had some interlopers join us (I think). I wish to heck PD would give us an option to keep a room private or hidden so that only folks that know the room # can join. That would have allowed you to join us.

That said, yes, we can increase the number of slots. This is our race, not just mine. So we can do whatever the group wants to do. I will add this for consideration. We've run for two weeks now. And based on limited data, here's what we've seen so far. In week 1, we had lots of drivers show up. So I let Rated-M3 host. He said he had a fast connection (hopefully faster than mine) and could host 16 drivers. We put 16 in, and I couldn't race at all. This week, we limited it to 10 on my connection and we had zero lag issues and the racing was fantastic.

So .... there's a trade off.

Another option is to have folks pre-qualify (just say their coming) and identify hosts to cover multiple rooms (kinda like the four letter word, but without the Q times).

Thoughts?

MS

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy

I have no issue with not being able to get into a full room. If interlopers get in, and race clean, then they have a right to be there as much as the next guy. Just thought 10 was a low limit. If it's due to your connection then I guess that's how it will have to be. If 10 will be the limit, then it would probably be a good idea to set up two rooms right from the get go. If there are less than 10, and more are expected, then two rooms of 4 or 5 would work and still give good racing.

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.

Well, first of all, the problem was that we couldn't get you in the room. And part of the reason for that is we were in an Open Lounge and had some interlopers join us (I think). I wish to heck PD would give us an option to keep a room private or hidden so that only folks that know the room # can join. That would have allowed you to join us.
Can't make it private that I know of, but as host you certainly have the ability to kick anyone out!
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna

I actually did try to enter at one point around 1030 and it was full, 10/10.

PSN ID = dawson864

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna

DS,

What do you think of the way the TPRA handled this? Overkill?

MS
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 12:59:30 PM by TunaPitReject »

JLBowler

• SkipJack Tuna

The close finish in the pic was really .110 between first and fourth.  The racing was great all night, thanks to everyone that ran the show and showed up.  I'll be back next week with a little more effort put into paint jobs and setups.

Rated-M3

• Yellowfin Tuna
  • Because race car

How about upping the room limit week by week to see how far you can push your connection?  Like for next week, try 12 people.

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy

Since gt5 released, I have raced with them one time, so I am not familiar with their procedures. If you are referring to the room size limit, I know those guys test the piss out of everything, so I have no reason to doubt their reasoning for why they do what they do. Overkill, maybe for us, but not for them.

I have only been able to run this event once, last night, so I don't know what kind of turn out you have had so far, but it sounds like it's been more than 10 each time. two rooms ought to be a given if 10 is your limit.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD

I'll throw in my 2 cents.

I like the 2 rooms of 10 idea.  We have had the numbers both weeks to do that with the multiple racing groups (TUNA'S, RIPS, LR, and the lopers) coming out to support it. 

I can help on some of those Mondays.  We just gotta talk.  Mondays are free for me until Football starts.  Whatever I can do, just let me know.

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna

Ok, so here's the plan. We'll roll with two rooms whenever a second host volunteers. We will need a volunteer every single week. So each week that I post the event, I'll be asking. But don't wait for that. If you think you can help, please volunteer to host the second room. Boston, I'll take you up on that anytime you can make it. If we don't get a volunteer, we'll roll with one room.

We will have a Room A hosted by me. It will hold 10 to 12 drivers (I'll do some testing next week with 12 as M3 suggests and see how it goes). We will also have a Room B that will be hosted by a second person. Please, if you are hosting room B, do some testing and figure out how many you can handle with little or no lag. But I'll let you decide what you want it to be.

How's that?     :-\

8)

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD

Sounds good to me.  We'll talk a few days prior to the events to see if I'm able to open a room for that Monday or if we need someone to volunteer.

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna

Sounds good to me.  We'll talk a few days prior to the events to see if I'm able to open a room for that Monday or if we need someone to volunteer.

Sounds good. And we'll coordinate when the rooms aren't balanced as well, send folks back and forth.

MS

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up