SupaTunaGT

• April 30, 2024, 02:02:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 53   Go Down

Author Topic: How's the weather where you're at?  (Read 73818 times)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: How's the weather where you're at?
« Reply #255 on: January 21, 2012, 11:49:55 AM »

Well it was -3 when I woke up this morning. 

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #256 on: January 31, 2012, 12:04:36 PM »

Today we will have a high of nearly 8° C.

So much for the 2 inches of snow we got last night.

SlyTuna

• Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Raccoons are cool.
« Reply #257 on: February 29, 2012, 09:44:10 PM »

Well if you live on a rock... you probably have heard of the tornado "outbreak" (WTF? Last time i checked in my area an outbreak was at least 10 tornadoes!!! Not fucking 2!) that hit the Branson area. Well... before i give the NWS report in a different post. Let me give my account. Personally i slept through the whole thing. I was dreaming of... well to put it nicely.. giant stuff and things (like giant humans and anthro dinos/wolves) and when i woke up at 5am, lots of reporters were in two areas: Branson which is 8 miles eastsoutheast of my house and Buffalo which is 75 miles north of my house. Apparently the storm went through when i was first in my dream state of sleep around midnight. We got nothing in my area but the storms really hit hard about 5 miles south of my house in the quiet retirement town of Kimberling City. The local fishing tournament that was scheduled to take place there is now cancelled and Branson as well as Buffalo schools were closed today. Reeds Spring went since the Kimberling City area only encompasses about 45% of the whole district which covers most of Stone County.

That is all.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #258 on: March 01, 2012, 07:13:44 AM »

I was wondering about your safety. Glad to hear you made out ok.
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #259 on: March 01, 2012, 07:15:51 AM »

In other news, strange cold white stuff is falling from the sky. Looks like winter again. Who knew?

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #260 on: March 01, 2012, 10:27:05 AM »

I was wondering about your safety. Glad to hear you made out ok.

:stoopid:
That was some incredible destruction in your area.  Glad you and everyone you know is alright.

I woke up to 3 inches of snow on the valley floor.  The mountains are getting dumped on.  2 feet of fresh snow in the passes.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #261 on: March 01, 2012, 10:40:55 AM »

Well if you live on a rock... you probably have heard of the tornado "outbreak" (WTF? Last time i checked in my area an outbreak was at least 10 tornadoes!!! Not fucking 2!) that hit the Branson area. Well... before i give the NWS report in a different post. Let me give my account. Personally i slept through the whole thing. I was dreaming of... well to put it nicely.. giant stuff and things (like giant humans and anthro dinos/wolves) and when i woke up at 5am, lots of reporters were in two areas: Branson which is 8 miles eastsoutheast of my house and Buffalo which is 75 miles north of my house. Apparently the storm went through when i was first in my dream state of sleep around midnight. We got nothing in my area but the storms really hit hard about 5 miles south of my house in the quiet retirement town of Kimberling City. The local fishing tournament that was scheduled to take place there is now cancelled and Branson as well as Buffalo schools were closed today. Reeds Spring went since the Kimberling City area only encompasses about 45% of the whole district which covers most of Stone County.

That is all.

I live 6 hours east of Zilla (by car).  Whatever weather he gets, we get about 2-4 hours later.  Normally, I'd have slept through the whole thing, but I have an 8-year old.  The little boy came into our room and told us he couldn't sleep with the rain hitting his windows.  Odd, I thought, since his windows face east and the rain never hits the windows.  Enter tornado-like conditions, and bam, you have rain hitting the windows.  I got no sleep.

Fortunately, the winds were strong, but not tornadic (a new word I heard a meteorologist use) and the bad stuff passed over us and hit the little town to the east of us, Newburgh.  The next morning, I heard on the radio that you shouldn't bother heading into Newburgh, the police weren't going to let you enter.  It's a cute little river town, an historic district and some of the older homes lost their roofs and likely will have to be razed.  Can't imagine what it's like to have an investment in an historic home, only to no longer have said investment.

Today, it's sunny, still a bit wet, and warmish.

SlyTuna

• Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Raccoons are cool.
« Reply #262 on: March 01, 2012, 12:09:15 PM »

That is all.

I live 6 hours east of Zilla (by car).  Whatever weather he gets, we get about 2-4 hours later.  Normally, I'd have slept through the whole thing, but I have an 8-year old.  The little boy came into our room and told us he couldn't sleep with the rain hitting his windows.  Odd, I thought, since his windows face east and the rain never hits the windows.  Enter tornado-like conditions, and bam, you have rain hitting the windows.  I got no sleep.

Fortunately, the winds were strong, but not tornadic (a new word I heard a meteorologist use) and the bad stuff passed over us and hit the little town to the east of us, Newburgh.  The next morning, I heard on the radio that you shouldn't bother heading into Newburgh, the police weren't going to let you enter.  It's a cute little river town, an historic district and some of the older homes lost their roofs and likely will have to be razed.  Can't imagine what it's like to have an investment in an historic home, only to no longer have said investment.

Today, it's sunny, still a bit wet, and warmish.

I've heard that word used in my area's forecasts nearly all my life Anyway, the BPD (Branson Police Dept.) is saying nearly the same thing. Stay out of town!

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #263 on: March 06, 2012, 10:07:46 AM »

Pathetic winter in Oshawa so far. Every time we get our 2 inches of snow, we get no more, and it is melted within a week, due to rainfall and above freezing temperatures. That's the most snow we've had at any time, and we're into March. I don't miss shoveling snow or getting cold, wet feet, but it's still pathetic for an Ontario winter.

If we make it through March without real, lasting snowfall, it will be weakest (regarding snowfall) winter I've experienced.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #264 on: March 06, 2012, 10:45:25 AM »

Pathetic winter in Oshawa NH so far. Every time we get our 2 inches of snow, we get no more, and it is melted within a week, due to rainfall and above freezing temperatures. That's the most snow we've had at any time, and we're into March. I don't miss shoveling snow or getting cold, wet feet, but it's still pathetic for an Ontario NH winter.

If we make it through March without real, lasting snowfall, it will be weakest (regarding snowfall) winter I've experienced.

:stoopid:

Though we actually got 10 inches of snow last week. But, as mentioned above two days of 50°+ temps the next few days will wipe it out.  :(  At least our heating bill is lower :)

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #265 on: March 06, 2012, 11:46:56 AM »

Despite living in a place where it can hit 80 degrees at Christmas and show in April, southern Indiana would be a disaster with even a couple inches of snow.  The people here drive like shit on a sunny, dry day and even the threat of rain makes people drive worse. 

The weather here is almost irrelevant, because people drive like the forecast suggests.  42 degrees and rain with a threat of snow means we the old fuckers start driving like shit anyway.

BadBoots

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #266 on: March 07, 2012, 09:29:28 PM »

Up here in the Lake of the Woods region  the winter has been mild, less snow,  Melting in the day, freezing at night right now. Makes driving very interesting. :o
:dj :bass :guitar :jams :rocks :iwtband :fiesta

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #267 on: March 07, 2012, 11:49:35 PM »

This is :fucking bullshit.  It is going to be March 8st in 2 hr and 15 minutes and I am going to have to mow my :fucking lawn tomorrow.  Why??,  because it's going to be 64 degrees and then it's gonna rain for..............

I'm about to go Sniper and rock the damn yard.  :fucking smart 

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #268 on: March 08, 2012, 07:49:55 AM »

I'm about to go Sniper and rock the damn yard.  FUCKING smart 

My wife commented the other day about how brown and dead in spots our front lawn is looking right now, I made a joking remark about putting out some redneck lawn ornaments after we saw an old toilet left out on the street for the garbage men to collect.

Now I may put some serious thought into a Zen Redneck Rock Garden!  A nice toilet-shaped porcelain planter, some artfully stacked car wheel-shaped planters and other similar items arranged with some decorative rocks / boulders on a nice bed of gravel that I can rake into swirly patterns on a whim.

Hmmm...

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #269 on: March 08, 2012, 08:47:01 AM »

I'm about to go Sniper and rock the damn yard.  FUCKING smart 

My wife commented the other day about how brown and dead in spots our front lawn is looking right now, I made a joking remark about putting out some redneck lawn ornaments after we saw an old toilet left out on the street for the garbage men to collect.

Now I may put some serious thought into a Zen Redneck Rock Garden!  A nice toilet-shaped porcelain planter, some artfully stacked car wheel-shaped planters and other similar items arranged with some decorative rocks / boulders on a nice bed of gravel that I can rake into swirly patterns on a whim.

Hmmm...

Don't forget pink flamingos and a bathtub with a transmission in it
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 53   Go Up