• April 30, 2024, 01:12:21 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 53   Go Down

Author Topic: How's the weather where you're at?  (Read 73800 times)

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
Re: How's the weather where you're at?
« Reply #585 on: January 27, 2014, 05:31:10 PM »

Where's all the snow??? If its going to be as cold as it was, the least mother nature could do would be to send some snow my way.  :-\
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #586 on: January 27, 2014, 06:16:43 PM »

My brother just posted a picture of himself ice fishing on Lake George in upstate NY.  It was -8 F.

Seriously, the fish can wait!

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #587 on: January 28, 2014, 12:31:23 AM »

Where's all the snow??? If its going to be as cold as it was, the least mother nature could do would be to send some snow my way.  :-\

I don't know where you are, but we haven't had much snow this winter, either. It got off to a late start, then went straight into a deep-freeze and has bounced around from silly to down right dangerous ever since.

It's snowing below it pay-grade.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #588 on: February 06, 2014, 03:26:05 PM »

I don't know where you are, but we haven't had much snow this winter, either. It got off to a late start, then went straight into a deep-freeze and has bounced around from silly to down right dangerous ever since.

It's snowing below it pay-grade.

We got it instead, in duh Mitten.

I just used my snowblower for the third time this year, which is something I usually don't have to do.  Usually a quick run down the driveway with a shovel is good enough.  Then it melts in a day or three.  Not this year.  We've still got some of the snow from that really big one a few weeks ago, plus a normal-sized big one last week, plus a few more inches from the other day.  Oh, and it's coming down (sort of sideways) right now!!!

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #589 on: February 06, 2014, 03:53:21 PM »

I don't know where you are

I'm in Southern NH. Like you, cold and not much snow, though we did pick up 8 inches yesterday. :yay

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #590 on: February 10, 2014, 09:07:49 AM »

This year we got snow in November and haven't seen the lawn since. It seems like it snows every day and shoveling constantly not to mention we are running out of places to put the stuff. It must be 6' high by the road.

I really :fucking hate winter  .

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #591 on: February 10, 2014, 10:39:33 AM »

Yea looney.  It's not quite as bad here, but probably 4 feet tall by the roads.  No where to put the Recycling Bin and trash but in the driveway itself, and then that means parking car in the road while doing that... This AM I just said FUCK IT!  Hopefully some melts by next week.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #592 on: February 10, 2014, 11:09:39 AM »

It is very rare but, Vancouver, WA got hit with a sizable snow storm last Thursday and has shut down the Portland/Vancouver metro area.  It dumped 8 inches on us over the weekend, then it was followed up with freezing rain at a 1/4 inch thick.

99% of population doesn't have a clue what it's like to be out "in it".  Plowing consists of lowering the plow about 3 inches off the ground and moving the top layers.  It is a fucking joke at how bad the roads are because of this.

PUT THE FUCKING PLOW ON THE FUCKING GROUND AND MOVE THAT SHIT!!!   I heard one clueless member of ODOT saying that they don't put plows fully down because they'll run over man hole covers.  HAHAHAHA.  Umm, manhole covers are flush or below ground level.  Plow the fucking roads.

In reality it is simple economics.  We don't have painted lines on our main roads, we have turtles instead.  Little raised reflector bumps that replace the paint used by most states.  They would have to replace all of those little things.  In the end it would still be cheaper to replace the turtles than the immense insurance claims that are being taken out.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #593 on: February 10, 2014, 12:03:01 PM »

They are calling for 8"-12" of mix ice and snow here, for Wednesday. From what I've seen radar wise, it's coming from the west, the mountains usually block this. Most of the time we don't get much, unless it comes from the south-southwest, so we'll see.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #594 on: February 10, 2014, 12:29:38 PM »

We were supposed to get snow but got rain instead.  Sounds like we do a slightly better job of grating the roads than Vancouver, WA.  But Vancouver drivers don't know how to drive in the snow so it is probably a good thing we didn't get any.

I haven't really been following the snow on the mountains since I haven't been skiing since I've had kids but I've heard this year has been really bad for snow.  Apparently our local mountains are really bad and even Whistler/Blackcomb is operating on mostly man made snow and the upper sections are still closed.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #595 on: February 10, 2014, 04:45:10 PM »

They say we may see a lot of ice, and possible wide spread power outages. I hope not, but just in case, and went and got a few gallons of Kerosene as back up. Haven't bought any in a long time, and for whatever reason, not many stores are carrying it anymore.  ::) I had to drive to the other side of town to get some.  :P

Chic on the Weather Channel just said, "Columbia, SC expect to lose your power."  :o  I'm 1 hour 20 min north of there.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #596 on: February 10, 2014, 06:19:53 PM »

Good luck Chrome. I hope you don't lose any power.  :(

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #597 on: February 10, 2014, 06:23:09 PM »

Since my quoted post above, Old Man Winter grew a pair.

There is / was about a foot of snow, and we got a bit more over the weekend, but not much. Snow will be on the ground for a while unless this winter suddenly warms up to normal or above. I was in Niagara Falls over the weekend. They've been hit worse than we have. I'll see if I can post a picture.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #598 on: February 10, 2014, 06:37:37 PM »

If Chrome get what they say, he will have more snow than me in NH, for a little while anyway.  :(  :-\

MrFlibble81

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #599 on: February 10, 2014, 07:14:55 PM »

Not had any snow down here.  Been close a couple of times but it just turned into freezing rain/sleet/ice on roads.  Been cold too -- down in the mid 20's last week and week before but today it's been back up in the 50's and 60's. 

I'm so ready for summer and the 110 degree days again!
Bacon makes everything better.  Well, That and Duct Tape.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 53   Go Up