SupaTunaGT

• April 16, 2024, 05:44:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Linked Events

• Monday Touring Event: June 13, 2011
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 06/13/11 Monday Tuna Touring Challenge - HSR Reverse (276hp/1300kg/450PP)  (Read 1088 times)

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna

RRRRRRRRRRRACE FANS!!!

Monday - Monday - Monday

Come join us for some CRAZY  fun racing on Monday night featuring your favorite track and some of your favorite cars. Here are the deets:

Date: Monday, May 30th, 2011

Time: 9pm EDT / 8pm CDT / 7pm MDT / 6pm PDT

Room Id: SupaTunaGT.com

Track: High Speed Ring and High Speed Ring (Reverse)

Cars: Touring Modified (two door, four door and hatchback cars, 6-cylinders or less, production street cars with MR, AWD, FR, FF or RR drivetrains.**)

**Note: A production street car is a car you can buy at the dealership in real life, drive off the lot and race. So for example, I could drive down to the Ford dealership and buy a Ford Focus today and then modify it to meet weight and power restrictions and race the next day. That's a production street car. RM and Concept cars are not allowed. If you have a question, just ask.

Restrictions:

*** 276hp / 1300kg / 450pp ***

Tires: Racing Soft

Racing Parts Allowed: Any

Body Modifications Allowed: Any (including wing, but no RM)

Engine Power Reduction: Allowed

Weight Ballast: Allowed

Rules:

# of Laps: 10

Qualifying Procedure: None. Starting positions in the first race will be random. After that, starting positions will be based on race results from the prior race.

Starting Procedure: Show up and drive.

Racing Ettiquette Enforced: Yes - don't be an ass.

On Track Incident Procedure: Tell your mama.

NOTE: We will not be racing on 06/20 in honor of Phreak's Rammer event.

Michael

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD

I won't be able to get the second room up tonight until after tonight's game.  If your going to need it then, let me know.

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna

I won't be able to get the second room up tonight until after tonight's game.  If your going to need it then, let me know.

I understand. We'll find another volunteer. Go BRUINS.

MS

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna

I plan on attending this event tonight.  And unlike last Monday night, i don't plan on getting lit at the bar beforehand :-X

See you guys tonight

PSN ID = dawson864

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna

I plan on attending this event tonight.  And unlike last Monday night, i don't plan on getting lit at the bar beforehand :-X

See you guys tonight

LOL. Uh oh, now it's getting serious?

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna

Room is up a little early in case you want to practice.

Room ID: 1472 6118 3615 5260 3985

MS

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna

I had fun in the two races I was around for, but when I signed off to perform weight reduction on my NSX I couldn't get back into the room b/c of PSN network issues.  My PS3 took FOREVER to go from one screen to another, and then ultimately kicked me off the PSN.  I tried for 20 minutes to get back on, all to no avail.

Sucks >:(

PSN ID = dawson864

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna

I had fun in the two races I was around for, but when I signed off to perform weight reduction on my NSX I couldn't get back into the room b/c of PSN network issues.  My PS3 took FOREVER to go from one screen to another, and then ultimately kicked me off the PSN.  I tried for 20 minutes to get back on, all to no avail.

Sucks >:(

Sorry that happened. But we did get in a few good races. Reminder to everyone that we'll be taking next week off to support Phreak's event. And then we'll be back on the following week.

There was some discussion of changing the track next time. I'm thinking Trial Mountain. Any other suggestions?

MS

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna

First off I'd like to apologise to Baked, I didn't realise until I was watching the replay this morning that I had accidentally put you up on the guard rail.  I felt a few gentle knocks as we went into that first turn off the line which I thought was just cars jostling for position since we were 3 or 4 wide but I didn't realise that I'd drifted up the bank slightly and knocked you onto the rumble strip / guard rail, so I am very sorry for putting you out of the race at the very first corner :(.

Track wise I think Trial Mountain could be interesting, possibly the Cape Ring Periphery too, heck there's quite a few tracks that would work well with these cars.  As I'd mentioned last night I even ran one of my cars at this spec around Rome (reverse) and it was interesting and quite fun having the tighter corners instead of mostly long sweeping ones of HSRR.  With the week off next week for Phreak's event there's a bit of time to run some laps on a few different ones and see what's good.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna

All the tracks mentioned sound like good candidates for a future venue.

Regarding my internet issues, it would appear that upon further investigation my roommate was streaming an episode of Game of Thrones over the internet from HBO.GO.  Dammit, no wonder I had connection problems  :(

PSN ID = dawson864

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna

That's a party foul. He owes you a 12pack.   :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up